Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-08-2009, 11:27 AM #1
InvertedDevin

Surrender rule?

People tell me if you are within 10 ft of somebody you should offer them to surrender before going in to attack them...is this true? I play just for fun right now, but hope to get in some speeds ball tournaments soon.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2009, 11:35 AM #2
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
In tournament ball there is no surrender rule.

In rec ball and scenario most fields say that the agressing player MUST offer an optional surrender to the defending player. Distance ranges from 10 to 15 feet most often.
MN_Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 PM #3
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
I don't agree with the surrender question but I do agree that you shouldn't bunker the rec players either.

Here is how I deal with it.

The way I look at it is that if you ask someone to surrender they have the option to say no. At best they have to think it over which causes delay and you can't tell what's about to happen. Asking someone a question that you just snuck up on is bad for business.

When I bunker a kid what I do is I yell "Bang! You're dead" and I haven't had any issues yet. Sometimes, depending on how much space I have I will shoot the wall beside the person. So far I have had no issues with this method but who knows what may happen one day. I think it makes for a much better experience for the newer players or really anyone who doesn't want to get point blank shot. (Which is pretty much everyone)

If I do a run through though, I'm going to shoot you. I've never done a run through on a new player though, usually you can easily sneak up on them.

If I post in your sale thread I am trying to close a deal as fast as possible. If you delay, I move on.
Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:03 PM #4
gamefish1305

surrender rule? WTF???
WE DONT NEED ANY SURRENDER RULE!!
SHOOT HIM!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:17 PM #5
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
there are a few things that can happen when the surrender rule is in effect.

you say "surrender", by rule he is out, and he says "no". you get lit up.
it happens,

or the player can think of the "surrender" as an option rather than a rule and turn and shoot. ive had that happen, my I surrender my buddy, I tell him, "Surrender, youre out" he tells me "no", i shoot his leg.

I prefer "bang, you're dead!", it works wonders. there is no mis conception, and no way to read it as an option.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:35 PM #6
jaroslavv1
Unloading on the Enemy

well my field i play at for rec is u ahve the option to give them a surender call. But then again they have the option to shoot at you once u say it so i personally say **** it and shoot the man in the leg ish area not where it will hurt alot but where he will know.
jaroslavv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:58 PM #7
onlinepie
Matt@FPS-Photography.com

at my field the rule is when you say surrender the person is out and if he shoots you he is out and your still alive or if you shoot him your dead and he's in

you know why they call it an xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away
onlinepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:58 PM #8
averydabeast

averydabeast helped look for balloons
averydabeast is playing at Living Legends V
averydabeast supports Team VICIOUS
averydabeast posts videos on PbNation
averydabeast has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
surrender rule?? pshh this is paintball not girl scouts
averydabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:11 PM #9
SynGates8791

If it's at a tournament then dont bother, but if it's at your local paintball field, then yes
SynGates8791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:20 PM #10
VibePower17

Quote:
Originally Posted by averydabeast View Post
surrender rule?? pshh this is paintball not girl scouts
maybe for some but the new people might not think to highly of the sport anymore if they get lit up from 3 feet away in there face.. they are scared enuf of paint coming at them from 50 feet away

All 120 hp will burn u son haha
VibePower17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:55 PM #11
gunz_52
NPPL &gt; USPL

Rec players are the only ones that use that **BLEEP**! In a speedball tourney, idc if you are 2 inches away from me, you are getting lit up anyway...
Old 04-23-2009, 01:01 PM #12
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
i referee at my local field and i gotta say the surrender rule is a load of crap.

i am obligated by field rules to inform players of it, but i don't know what to say when someone asks, "What happens if I tell someone to surrender and they shoot me?"

the only thing i have thought of so far is, "That would be very unfortunate..."
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:08 PM #13
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ph3r89 View Post
i referee at my local field and i gotta say the surrender rule is a load of crap.

i am obligated by field rules to inform players of it, but i don't know what to say when someone asks, "What happens if I tell someone to surrender and they shoot me?"

the only thing i have thought of so far is, "That would be very unfortunate..."
The general rule is that they are out anyways. It should be revised to be instead of asking someone to surrender you just yell "out" at them.

If I post in your sale thread I am trying to close a deal as fast as possible. If you delay, I move on.
Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:19 PM #14
feathers66

i tell them when i ref that the surrender rule is more of a curtious thing if its a gun battle dont bother, but if you sneak up on them and catch them by surprise they will not spin on you and if they start to then shoot them
In 1970 the Chevy Nova was created. This was the worst selling car in Mexico because the words "No va" mean "Doesn't go". If you would never buy a Saturn Ion because the word "Ion" means "Doesn't shoot", Put this in your profile.:dodgy:

www.pbvids.com

6.5k posts
feathers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:08 AM #15
lamorte
mod a la mode

Annual Supporting Member
lamorte is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
last 2 times i asked someone to surrender they quickly turned around and shot me in the face. that was in the early 90's when most people still used pumps. since then, never again. i couldn't even imagine doing it now. usually a couple shots mid torso kills the urge to shoot back

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩
lamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:32 PM #16
gunz_52
NPPL &gt; USPL

We call it a 'Bunker Tag' at my local field, our "Official" rule is, if you call "OUT!!" to a player that you 'Tagged', and he shoots you both of you are out unless an official clearly saw that he HEARD the CALL and then shot back. In that case, we will do a quick wipe and let that player continue. If he is shot LATE, like 3-5 seconds after the player clearly heard the word "OUT!" then a 1-for-1 will be appointed.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:04 PM #17
Scuba_steve3
Let the shoosting begin..

well, when i used to ref at my local field we didnt use the surrender rule for beginner players, we used the "one bunker away rule", what that means is u can go to any bunker 360* around him and shoot your player without surrendering, i think this method works good cause first of all it makes you feel less like a girl, and secondly, it helps the beginners get used to the hit, and it turns into regular play very shortly after when they get used to getting hit close. plus this eliminates the reaction shot and arguments.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:40 AM #18
XRidgelinerX
Old Guy and IYAOYAS

Surrender! Surrender!

On a run through, you dont usually have time to offer a surrender, but if I sneak up on someone and they have no idea I'm there and I have a no miss shot, I will always offer a surrender. It is good sportsmanhip...but I do it with my marker up and ready and the guy in my sights. If he refuses and trys to turn and fire, then it's a 5 or 6 round burst at the close range. Sorry, he asked for it. If I can't get him before he gets me, then it wasn't the "no miss" shot I thought it was. Shame on me. That hasn't happened yet.
XRidgelinerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:36 AM #19
dirty jim flint
part time killer

dirty jim flint donated to help Peyton Trent
dirty jim flint has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i quit

giving anyone the option. ive been eliminated WAY too many times from that guy shooting me. you WILL get NO quarter from me. You WILL get shot even if it means the barrel is poking you in the ribs. Sorry. We are not selling Girl Scout cookies in the Woods, we are trying to survive. DJF

Empire BT TM-5 with Apex 2 barrel
Tiberius Tac 8 Pistol (.68)
Wounded Warrior Blue Team Cousins Paintball
TEAM McCoy@ Hatfields and McCoys Cousins SI
Fat Ballers Club V1
dirty jim flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:26 AM #20
Justin BossPB
Boss Company

Justin BossPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty jim flint View Post
We are not selling Girl Scout cookies in the Woods, we are trying to survive. DJF
What kind of paintball are you playing? I play for fun and the thrill of the game. I think saying you play to survive is a little extreme there rambo.

The surrender rule is a necessary safty issue. I ref at my field in the woods and I always explain the surrender rule. I expect older people to uphold it when they are looking at a little kid or a rental. You want to make there time playing paintball as pleasant as possible and getting shoot three-four times point blank kinda dampers that.

However its slighlty different when im playing. Since we have a 20 foot surrender rule, I get 21 feet behind them and then shoot them, that away I not breaking the rules nor am I allowing someone to turn on me.
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Justin BossPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:51 AM #21
Apple_Pie
Cat Diggity Dog

I always surrender within 10-15 feet if the opposing player does not see me/is not shooting at me.

I usually run up to them and yell surrender multiple times while pointing my gun at them, I don't intend to shoot them while I do this unless they shoot at me, which has never happened.