Community Focus

Old 08-28-2014, 10:32 AM #1303
cye604
Marksman - Indigo Squad

cye604 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cye604 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cye604 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cye604 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've been stuck for a while now between the Milsig M17, or the Tiberius Arms T15. Any suggestions either way?
cye604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2014, 09:07 PM #1304
AssasinsOfTheDark

AssasinsOfTheDark is playing at Living Legends VII
AssasinsOfTheDark owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I like the M17
Old 09-13-2014, 09:28 PM #1305
dstn8r

dstn8r owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Getting into rec paintballing and looking a picking up a P.E Etha as my first marker. Any one have one currently and have some good info to a first timer.
dstn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:32 PM #1306
brooks2135

I'd tell you to just get an old Spyder, learn how to play, then get an etek or something. Many people believe in getting a really nice gun out the gate, but I think it does you good to learn how to hold your own with a gun like a Spyder. Although that's just my .02...

2004 Prostock Pump
brooks2135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:35 AM #1307
dstn8r

dstn8r owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks2135 View Post
I'd tell you to just get an old Spyder, learn how to play, then get an etek or something. Many people believe in getting a really nice gun out the gate, but I think it does you good to learn how to hold your own with a gun like a Spyder. Although that's just my .02...
This is not my first time playing. Its my first marker..ive played with G1's, custom 98's, also spyders. im just know getting the "I need my own marker", feeling.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:43 AM #1308
lostatsea530
Nature of the game

lostatsea530 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lostatsea530 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cye604 View Post
I've been stuck for a while now between the Milsig M17, or the Tiberius Arms T15. Any suggestions either way?
T15 is for me, the full auto on a mag-fed marker is not necessary. You are getting the most realistic platform on the market for an extremely good value and they are talking about introducing a full auto mode to the T15 soon anyway. You literally will own an AR that shoots paint balls, you can even put a real magazine with real bullets inside the mag well (that is just how realistic this platform is to the real AR)
Old 09-17-2014, 08:45 AM #1309
lostatsea530
Nature of the game

lostatsea530 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lostatsea530 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks2135 View Post
it's the player, not the marker. Learn to handle a marker with quirks that way when you get a luxury marker you just ugh....feels like heaven is all I can say.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:17 PM #1310
Willmatt15

Willmatt15 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
etha vs proto maxxed
Willmatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:18 PM #1311
Willmatt15

Willmatt15 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
what is the opinion on azodins?
Willmatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:56 AM #1312
Taidanov115

Hey guys I have a question I am looking to buy a marker. I'm looking for one that is $500 and around that price. My two I like so far from researching and many review's are the Planet Eclipse Etek 4 and the Geo 2.1. Now my biggest problem is which one should I invest in. I'm thinking Geo because it is a higher end marker than the Etek. But I'm more leaning towards the Etek because it is easy maintenance , has the zik 2 which is on the new egos and geos. Please tell me which one you picked and why and if there are any other markers you feel are better please comment and then explain why. Thanks much appreciated.
Taidanov115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:00 PM #1313
3VILSHOT24

Geo 2 vs ego 11 vs nt 11
3VILSHOT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:01 AM #1314
gwass

Just getting back into the sport already bought my mask and hpa tank. Now It's between markers and hoppers. Should I just pick up some used older marker, or pick up a newer cheap gun like the Azodin Kaos?
gwass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:10 AM #1315
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is BST Trusted
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwass View Post
Just getting back into the sport already bought my mask and hpa tank. Now It's between markers and hoppers. Should I just pick up some used older marker, or pick up a newer cheap gun like the Azodin Kaos?
Most bang for you buck is going to be used. But if you want to make sure you have no/fewer issues then new is the way to go.

I think it boils down to if you feel comfortable teching markers. Either way you should know how, but with used you may have to dive right in day one.
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL

eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:44 PM #1316
Sphinx-FL

Stalker here. Love following in the woods, and am willing to pick off a single target and go down for that, so long as it's the right target. Looking for recommendation, backstory ahead

I gave away my favorite gun (Autococker Tril Pro) as a present, and am looking to get back into the sport. Something moderately accurate, quiet more than anything.

I was originally looking at the Tiberius T9.1 Sniper. Only model offered at a military discount, and has decent reviews. I love milsim, but the performance of the marker exceeds the look for me, by far. The included attachments looked nice too, but are definitely unnecessary in my opinion.

The discount definitely brought it into my expected price range ($<600 for the marker) but I would happily wait until tax season to return if it meant getting a marker that exceeded expectations. At that time, price would be no issue.

tl;dr - Recommendations for solo woodsball marker? Quiet>Accuracy>Volume/Rate of Fire order of importance.
Sphinx-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:04 PM #1317
Melon Bands
**WARNING** I PLAY PUMP

^^ I would recommend a planet eclipse etha with an emc kit if you are looking for a tactical marker. Here's a link to one on ansgear: http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclips...a-emcblack.htm

If you don't care if it looks tactical or not, you might like an empire Axe. Again, here's a link to one on ansgear: http://www.ansgear.com/Empire_Axe_Pa...lgundblack.htm

Also, look around the Pbnations B/S/T forums if you don't mind buying used.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:07 PM #1318
Old_Skool

Hiya guys, I'm an old skool paintball player way back in the early-mid 90's playing with such guns as the Air Gun Designs Auto Mags, Auto Mag Mini's, Auto Cockers, Spyder, Tippman Pro-lites and what not. Anyways, it's been a long time as you can see since I played paintball/woodsball. I'm not used to all these newest/greatest and latest technology guns that are out there now. I've missed playing paintball after all these years, and am wanting to start back up again at my local field. So I'm wondering if ya'll can give me some opinions and recommendations on a good beginner-intermediate type paintball gun for speedball use, that is easy and has little maintenance, is reliable, is very accurate and is able to be upgraded? Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks and look forward to hearing and reading what ya'll have to say!
Old_Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:36 PM #1319
aclark364

aclark364 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Skool View Post
Hiya guys, I'm an old skool paintball player way back in the early-mid 90's playing with such guns as the Air Gun Designs Auto Mags, Auto Mag Mini's, Auto Cockers, Spyder, Tippman Pro-lites and what not. Anyways, it's been a long time as you can see since I played paintball/woodsball. I'm not used to all these newest/greatest and latest technology guns that are out there now. I've missed playing paintball after all these years, and am wanting to start back up again at my local field. So I'm wondering if ya'll can give me some opinions and recommendations on a good beginner-intermediate type paintball gun for speedball use, that is easy and has little maintenance, is reliable, is very accurate and is able to be upgraded? Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks and look forward to hearing and reading what ya'll have to say!
empire axe, or if you have tiny hand a mini. used are very affordable.

Pump OT
aclark364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:58 PM #1320
jubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Skool View Post
Do you have any of your old gear still? I have played speedball with a old autococker with a 2 egg loader and had a lot of fun.
jubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:55 PM #1321
Old_Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubba View Post
Do you have any of your old gear still? I have played speedball with a old autococker with a 2 egg loader and had a lot of fun.
No I don't. I wish I did though, but yeah I remember having and using an 2 egg loader also man. It was fun as hell!
Old 10-13-2014, 04:04 PM #1322
Old_Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclark364 View Post
empire axe, or if you have tiny hand a mini. used are very affordable.
aclark, is that an Empire Mini your talking about, or is it a different mini?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:32 PM #1323
speedsballpro23

Talking Great Markers To Purchase

Which paintball gun you should buy depends on a variety of factors. Beginners should stick to markers such as the Tippmann 98 custom, Azodin Blitz or the Dye Proto Rail as they seem to be pretty easy to get the hang of.. However, intermediate and professional players tend to buy markers that are more expensive, with all kinds of crazy features like the Planet Eclipse Ego

http://bestpaintball.org
speedsballpro23 is offline   Reply With Quote