PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-30-2014, 12:51 AM #1261
DKris2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izhar5 View Post
i agree lol how about the Tipi Cronus? $80 or the JT Splatmaster?
I was interested in that however I didn't know how good it was or how durable it'd be. If I has to pick markers I'd say the ones that interest me are that, the 98c, the Spyder MR1 (not 100), and any other gun that durable easy to maintenance, and has an angled feedneck so that I can sight down the top of the gun (that's how I want to shoot my gun). I'm leaning more towards the MR1 but I haven't seen a lot of reviews out for it so I don't know how good or bad the gun is.
DKris2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2014, 12:55 AM #1262
Izhar5

Izhar5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ah ok, check out the Tippman Cronus then, it has the 98c internals i believe

EDIT
98c are pretty durable indeed, lots on pb fields for rentals, i would love to see the toughness of a Tippman on a highend markers lol
Planet Eclipse GSL
Bob Long Insight NG
CCM T2
Valken Proton
Izhar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:07 AM #1263
DKris2020

Quote:
ah ok, check out the Tippman Cronus then, it has the 98c internals i believe

EDIT
98c are pretty durable indeed, lots on pb fields for rentals, i would love to see the toughness of a Tippman on a highend markers lol
Yeah I looked at the Cronus and I like the design. What I don't like is having to take the entire gun apart to get to the bolt. It's the clamshell... I am almost dead-set on the MR1 because of it's size; it's not too big but not too small (I also really like the look of the gun). I wish there were some in depth reviews on it so I'd know if it was actually a good gun to buy.

Last edited by DKris2020 : 05-30-2014 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:59 AM #1264
Izhar5

Izhar5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
have you tried checking out youtube for reviews? or nothing here?
Planet Eclipse GSL
Bob Long Insight NG
CCM T2
Valken Proton
Izhar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:56 AM #1265
tjboss
Absolute Chaos

tjboss plays in the PSP
tjboss is playing at Living Legends VII
tjboss supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKris2020 View Post
Was this a reply to my post?
Yes
Old 05-30-2014, 10:43 AM #1266
DKris2020

Quote:
have you tried checking out youtube for reviews? or nothing here?
Yeah, I think I'll go with the mr100, since it supposedly fixed problems w. the MR1, and I think I'll try the centerfeed deal (might just use an angled mount for my red dot just for kicks).
Old 06-02-2014, 10:34 PM #1267
butsikik21

Question First Gun- Invert Mini or Gog Enmey?

Just started getting into paintball.....

Not sure if I should just get the GoG Enmey, or wait and save for a Invert mini?

I'm not a big person, which is why I'm going for the smaller guns.

Any help would be great!

-A
butsikik21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:18 AM #1268
sharkavenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by butsikik21 View Post

Not sure if I should just get the GoG Enmey, or wait and save for a Invert mini?

Any help would be great!

-A
In my opinion, you should wait and save your money for the Mini. I have shot both guns and the Mini is hands down the better option. Just my $.02, the GoG guns are *good* for the money and the Mini is *great* for the money. Mini is more efficient, arguably more modifiable, and unquestionably capable of keeping up with all of your needs far down the road as you develop as a player.
sharkavenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:29 PM #1269
zakwilson26

Guys I'm a new player don't know what gun to look at please help me out.
zakwilson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:29 PM #1270
tjboss
Absolute Chaos

tjboss plays in the PSP
tjboss is playing at Living Legends VII
Zak, you should probably look at the 85 PAGES discussing pretty much every gun under the sun. Otherwise, dye dm14, DLX Luxe OLED, geo3.1, and macdev clone GT
Old 06-05-2014, 02:35 PM #1271
TheFinest
The Man

TheFinest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheFinest plays in the APPA D4 division
TheFinest has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheFinest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
He probably saw 85 pages and rather than reading them, he just posted. I would absolutely do the same because I would rather get a straight answer than go through 85 pages and finding out which gun I want.

You're going to have to do some research on your own because we can't choose the gun for you, we can only tell you what gun has what and what WE like, not what YOU would like. Go to a local store and just tell them you're a new player and I'm sure they will be more than helpful. Just try not to let them scam you into buying a ridiculous gun.
Hustle Paintball
Paintball Wizard
TheFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:53 AM #1272
warcjohnson

Hey guys! I am looking to get back into the game after playing very casually 9-10 years ago. I have been reading through the forums for the past week or two and taking in all of the advice and comments which has been incredibly helpful. There was one thing I was a little hesitant on and was hoping for some input. Initially I was going to go with a new 2011 Proto Rail so I didn't have to worry about buying somebodies problem. That shifted to try and follow the advice of buying an older high end marker so I've been looking at some Axes, DM8's, Ethas, Etek 3's etc.

My question is I have seen some deals with say an upgraded Etek3 with a 68/45 or maybe a barrel included from a member with great feedback for around $50 more than say a slightly used Axe. It throws a little red flag in my mind when I look and they have only had the Axe for maybe 2-3 weeks and are turning on it already. I just wonder if I should try to buy a package like that from one reputable member or take my chances to get something a little higher end and then pick up a tank and just not worry about the cash. I lost my place in the tornado in Washington, IL and was forced back home for awhile so money isn't a huge issue, but I don't want to go to over the top so I can appreciate what I have. Thanks in advance
warcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:44 AM #1273
QHBass_11

Gryphon
QHBass_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:03 AM #1274
skamyak

Gryphon has a plastic body. You can easily broke its feedneck.
skamyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:56 PM #1275
High_5er
Vagitarian

hi all,

looking into getting another gun for tourney play. i've been looking at g6r's and dm13s. I also found a v1 for like 500. Im looking to spend around 500-700. but thats about my limit. I play back a lot so I need to lean towards something more accurate and something I can dump a lot of paint with if need be. I've been researching but i watned to see opinions as well.
High_5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:18 PM #1276
arbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcjohnson View Post
Hey guys! I am looking to get back into the game after playing very casually 9-10 years ago. I have been reading through the forums for the past week or two and taking in all of the advice and comments which has been incredibly helpful. There was one thing I was a little hesitant on and was hoping for some input. Initially I was going to go with a new 2011 Proto Rail so I didn't have to worry about buying somebodies problem. That shifted to try and follow the advice of buying an older high end marker so I've been looking at some Axes, DM8's, Ethas, Etek 3's etc.

My question is I have seen some deals with say an upgraded Etek3 with a 68/45 or maybe a barrel included from a member with great feedback for around $50 more than say a slightly used Axe. It throws a little red flag in my mind when I look and they have only had the Axe for maybe 2-3 weeks and are turning on it already. I just wonder if I should try to buy a package like that from one reputable member or take my chances to get something a little higher end and then pick up a tank and just not worry about the cash. I lost my place in the tornado in Washington, IL and was forced back home for awhile so money isn't a huge issue, but I don't want to go to over the top so I can appreciate what I have. Thanks in advance
I like the package deals for the mid range guns like the etek. Out of the box they are ok, but you end up picking up the little add ons to make it a solid gun.
arbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:30 AM #1277
epikoh

For my first gun I'm looking into the GoG G1, X7 Phenom, BT TM-15 and Spyder MR5 in that order. Out of these 4 which one would y'all suggest? I would get the DYE DAM but not yet. I like the milsim look so these are the ones I weeded out. This would also be the gun that will go along with the TipX that I'm going to get.
epikoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:43 PM #1278
Jhickl88

An axe with a nice ultra lite set up will do you just fine.
Jhickl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:27 AM #1279
AssasinsOfTheDark

AssasinsOfTheDark is playing at Living Legends VII
AssasinsOfTheDark owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by epikoh View Post
For my first gun I'm looking into the GoG G1, X7 Phenom, BT TM-15 and Spyder MR5 in that order. Out of these 4 which one would y'all suggest? I would get the DYE DAM but not yet. I like the milsim look so these are the ones I weeded out. This would also be the gun that will go along with the TipX that I'm going to get.
The BT TM-15 is a good gun. Also the X7 Phenom is good. But which version?
Old 06-17-2014, 02:30 AM #1280
AssasinsOfTheDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by butsikik21 View Post

Any help would be great!

-A
I would personally save for the Planet Eclipse Etha. It is in my opinion better than the Mini (i have it and i am really small 4'7 and its really lightweight)
Old 06-17-2014, 02:31 AM #1281
AssasinsOfTheDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcjohnson View Post

I have both the Axe and the Etha and i always prefer to use the etha when i play