Happyfeet1030 supports Team VICIOUS
Happyfeet1030 supports Pev's Paintball
Happyfeet1030 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Let's say same price, G6r or Geo2?
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2011, 06:34 PM #212
Bigfatts

They're both great guns and will do whatever you want them to. It comes down to what you like/want/need. Do you want a poppit or spool? Is an oled important to you? Which feels better in the hand to you? Etc, etc, etc. Personally I would go with the Geo because I prefer spool guns. This is because the area I play in has very fine sugar sand that gets everywhere in a stack tube, so that's an important factor to me. I will say that the G6r is the nicest shooting stack tube I've shot.

I need to buy some stuff:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3716800
Marqs to fund a Vic or MacDev:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post73530832
Bigfatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:35 PM #213
Happyfeet1030
El Señor Pingüino

Happyfeet1030 is playing at Living Legends V
Happyfeet1030 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Happyfeet1030 supports Pev's Paintball
Happyfeet1030 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfatts
They're both great guns and will do whatever you want them to. It comes down to what you like/want/need. Do you want a poppit or spool? Is an oled important to you? Which feels better in the hand to you? Etc, etc, etc. Personally I would go with the Geo because I prefer spool guns. This is because the area I play in has very fine sugar sand that gets everywhere in a stack tube, so that's an important factor to me. I will say that the G6r is the nicest shooting stack tube I've shot.
Thanks I decided geo2, I was leaning that way already... Shot both today, nice guns...geo2 felt better.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:18 AM #214
Bieltan

Bieltan plays in the PSP
Bieltan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bieltan plays in the APPA beginner division
A buddy of mine is looking to get back into the sport. I've been researching Dm6's because he'd like to spend around $200 for a descent used gun. Any suggestions on what is comparable around that price new or used?
Bieltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:11 AM #215
Caublasian
cHeCk yO fAce!

Caublasian is playing at Living Legends V
Caublasian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Caublasian supports Pev's Paintball
Caublasian has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Caublasian has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Caublasian is attending Decay of Nations VI
Just to ge tback into the game myself, I just picked up a proto slg on here for $100. I haven't used it yet but I will be this weekend. It seemed like a decent gun. It costs so much to get back into paintball if you sell everything like I did. Just bought brand new ninja tank($160), i4 mask($100), gun($110, halo b hopper($25), pod pack($30), some a clothing items($100)- about $550 to get back into the game.

#23 CauBLAsian

"Check yO Face!"
(Motto - Unintentionally coined, in the heat of battle)
Caublasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:33 AM #216
Rich3k
Gun Whore

Rich3k has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I want to get a nice gun without spending too much. So I'm torn i love the geo and ego I am a fan of spool valves though. A Droid is an outside chance I just think it will be more work to maintain and harder to find parts. So out of the 3 can I get some opinions why to buy which one an I'm trying to speed under 500 the lower the better

Any other guns you would suggest in the range go ahead an suggest.
Rich3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:53 PM #217
Bigfatts

Man, there are so many options under $500 if you want a spool valve it's not even funny. Look around the BST and get some ideas. I would take the Geo out of the guns you listed though, I prefer spools too.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:28 PM #218
Stealth Spray

Hey so i recently had a tippmann a5 which i didnt exactly enjoy playinh with because i wanted a gun that i culd actually shoot at a mjch higher bps and my budget is about 500 dollars. Im wonderig if i should get proto reflex rail, empire axe, or etek 3 LT what i like about the proto refelx is tht it has a great cpmpany like dye backing it up what i like about the axe is it is very smooth and the trigger is nice and with the etek is the traditional style of it plus its much more durable than the axe and reflex so which should i get and y?
Stealth Spray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:48 PM #219
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
They Call Me Rain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
They Call Me Rain supports Team VICIOUS
They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain is Legendary
They Call Me Rain is Boss
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Spray View Post
Hey so i recently had a tippmann a5 which i didnt exactly enjoy playinh with because i wanted a gun that i culd actually shoot at a mjch higher bps and my budget is about 500 dollars. Im wonderig if i should get proto reflex rail, empire axe, or etek 3 LT what i like about the proto refelx is tht it has a great cpmpany like dye backing it up what i like about the axe is it is very smooth and the trigger is nice and with the etek is the traditional style of it plus its much more durable than the axe and reflex so which should i get and y?
I have the ETEK3 LT and in my opinion it surpasses both markers. You also have to remember that you have to buy paint, and admission fees at your field!

Spool valve markers tend to shoot a little smoother, and quieter than poppet valve markers, and vice verse. This also means that alot of the time, spool valves that are tuned to shoot incredibly smoothly, are air hogs.

You also need to just go to a local pro-shop, or your local field, and FEEL the marker for yourself. It's ALL opinion!

**Using correct grammar and spelling is cool too
Old 07-03-2011, 02:33 PM #220
zkbrown11

zkbrown11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
had trouble deciding between an etek 3 LT and proto reflex '11, leaning towards the etek because i found a decent deal and didnt find much complaints about it. just getting back into the game so a little behind but anyone had major problems with an etek 3?
zkbrown11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:44 PM #221
1sean1234

well, my friend has one and he likes it but he also said that he would rather have a dangerous power fusion fx. no offense to all u etek fans. they have more colors, all metal, dp has great sutomer support, and an oled board. mike from ****** just did a review on it and he loved it. check those out. just a suggestion
1sean1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:45 PM #222
1sean1234

that ******** thing is teckpaintbal. sry the filter did that for some reason
1sean1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:07 PM #223
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
They Call Me Rain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
They Call Me Rain supports Team VICIOUS
They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain is Legendary
They Call Me Rain is Boss
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkbrown11 View Post
had trouble deciding between an etek 3 LT and proto reflex '11, leaning towards the etek because i found a decent deal and didnt find much complaints about it. just getting back into the game so a little behind but anyone had major problems with an etek 3?
Absolutely stunning! I love my etek! If you're a baller on a "mid size" budget, this is your ideal marker! It was MADE from EGOs/SL's, and once you play with it, and do some minor adjustments, you may never want to leave it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sean1234 View Post
well, my friend has one and he likes it but he also said that he would rather have a dangerous power fusion fx. no offense to all u etek fans. they have more colors, all metal, dp has great sutomer support, and an oled board. mike from ****** just did a review on it and he loved it. check those out. just a suggestion
Child please. You have no clue how many times I've went to the field, and someones DP "Better than your $1,000 piece of crap" has broken down because they suck. I mean. Maybe the people I see had bad luck or something. DO NOT GO WITH DP. What's so cool about different colors?! I don't know. I saw the new neon series. Make sure you check with your local league if those colors are legal, or else they won't let you play with it! People under estimate the LT, and those people are bigots. It ISN'T STRAIGHT UP PLASTIC! The composite parts that you people are trash talking are manufactured from Glass Reinforced Nylon. A very durable material that is both tough and rigid. These parts found on the Etek3 LT will be the Frame, the Eye Covers and the Lever-Locking Clamping Feedneck assembly. All other parts of the Etek3 LT are manufactured from exactly the same materials and finishes you will find on the Ego10 and SL range. High grade aluminum and stainless steels, deep cosmetic and industrial hard anodizing.

**Some info taken from ANSgear.com - Adapted.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:37 PM #224
CHELSEAfan31

proto pmr 2011 pros and cons plz
CHELSEAfan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:13 PM #225
Stealth Spray

new Empire Axe vs new Etek 3 LT vs new DP fX vs new proto reflex vs used dm8 vs extremely used dm9.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:16 PM #226
jwatson19

jwatson19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:55 PM #227
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Spray View Post
new Empire Axe vs new Etek 3 LT vs new DP fX vs new proto reflex vs used dm8 vs extremely used dm9.
Go with either the Axe new or the Dm8/9 used. If you can get the Dm9 for a good price, get that. If not, go with the DM8.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:01 PM #228
Three Zeroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Me Rain View Post
Child please. You have no clue how many times I've went to the field, and someones DP "Better than your $1,000 piece of crap" has broken down because they suck. I mean. Maybe the people I see had bad luck or something. DO NOT GO WITH DP. What's so cool about different colors?! I don't know. I saw the new neon series. Make sure you check with your local league if those colors are legal, or else they won't let you play with it! People under estimate the LT, and those people are bigots. It ISN'T STRAIGHT UP PLASTIC! The composite parts that you people are trash talking are manufactured from Glass Reinforced Nylon. A very durable material that is both tough and rigid. These parts found on the Etek3 LT will be the Frame, the Eye Covers and the Lever-Locking Clamping Feedneck assembly. All other parts of the Etek3 LT are manufactured from exactly the same materials and finishes you will find on the Ego10 and SL range. High grade aluminum and stainless steels, deep cosmetic and industrial hard anodizing.

**Some info taken from ANSgear.com - Adapted.
This man speaks the truth.
Three Zeroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 PM #229
Bigfatts

Quote:
The FX is a solid gun and will perform just as well as the Etek if maintained properly. The FX is the new kid on the block in the mid range stack tube market and it has to compete with the already established and proven Etek line, so it has a little catching up to do. It seems that some of the aftermarket upgrade companies are beginning to notice the FX and it's potential and are beginning to make things for them.

DP makes some fine underrated markers that can be tuned to shoot very well, but they are still recovering from the problems they had when they were first purchased by Amazone. Their quality at that time suffered (why I like my Spec R over the near identical G4), as did their cs, but they seem to have recovered and addressed both problem areas. The only time I have ever had to deal with them they were prompt and courteous. Most problems you hear with their guns now stem back to user error or lack of maintenance, at least from what I've seen in the forums. Neither of mine, nor my brother's or friends have ever let us down on the field. Just my .02

Last edited by Bigfatts : 07-05-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:21 PM #230
lethedrummerkick
Free Agent

lethedrummerkick plays in the APPA beginner division
just bought invert mini, big mistake?
lethedrummerkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:58 PM #231
Bigfatts

Quote:
just bought invert mini, big mistake?
Not if you like it.