Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-09-2016, 09:56 PM #1
Rad.JJay

Whats a good electronic hopper?

Virtue Spire , Rotor , TFX are the 3 hoppers im really interested in. Please give me some pros and cons about each hopper and price doesn't really matter.
Thanks for your guys help
Rad.JJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2016, 10:00 PM #2
C0lin
-KP3 Owners club-

Annual Supporting Member
C0lin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
They're all good hoppers. The rotor will struggle with re-balls, but you can literally set it on fire, throw it off the roof of you house, hitch it to your car, and then drive to the field and play with it.. The TFX is new but has built itself a great reputation. The spire is really popular and has an low profile, also I have heard they never ever jam. In my opinion there is no "best" hopper, just pick one (or try them all at a local field/shop) and go with it. If you are playing lots of re-ball stay away from the rotor though.

I use a rotor simply because I bought one awhile back and it has gave me little to no issues, so I have no real reason to change hoppers.
C0lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:42 AM #3
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

Annual Supporting Member
safariguy5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
safariguy5 plays in the APPA D5 division
safariguy5 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
safariguy5 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
safariguy5 supports Empire
The TFX is the lowest profile. It can have some issues feeding the last 20 balls or so, and the speed feeds aren't the greatest on it. The Rotor is very durable, but it doesn't have particularly great anti jam features.

I run the spire because it has a great speed feed in the crown, can easily be disassembled, and can easily switch between 200 and 260 shells. The 260 shell is also lower profile than the high capacity shell on the rotor. Also, the soft fingers on the spire are less likely to break paint.

If you have a quieter marker like the CS1, you may need to turn up the sensitivity a little, but the spire is my choice. Also, you have the great customer service at Virtue.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with any of these, it comes down to personal preference.
Infinite Resistance #21

ASM Jersey Idea Thread 2016 Edition
safariguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:07 PM #4
DarudePB

DarudePB is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad.JJay View Post
Virtue Spire , Rotor , TFX are the 3 hoppers im really interested in. Please give me some pros and cons about each hopper and price doesn't really matter.
Thanks for your guys help
Honestly it depends on your budget. If your want a cheaper option the Empire Halo too or the scion are good options. If you have money buying something like a used spire or dye r-2 is also good. You can also buy any of those used if you're willing, but I'd recommend buying used first.
DarudePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:29 PM #5
masiman

masiman is playing at Living Legends VIII
masiman is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
masiman owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
masiman supports DLX Technology
For the TFX you can use the same Virtue Crown speed feed that fits the rotor (with minor modification).

I don't think you will be disappointed with any of the the three unless you have a very specific need. 260 capacity, Spire or Rotor. Profile TFX. Weight TFX (I think). Capacity change Rotor #1 (out of the box), Spire #2 (with extra shell purchase).

We have a TFX, Rotor V3 and Rotor R2, Pinokio Speed, Halo2. Favorites are the later model loaders. I would like to have a Spire but I think I have too many loaders already. Favorite TFX but I don't have much time on the R2. The V3 was/is a tank, just too small on the capacity.

loader thread #1
loader thread #2
masiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:38 PM #6
MiniAlex
HB ARMY

MiniAlex owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MiniAlex posts videos on PbNation
MiniAlex has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniAlex has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniAlex has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
All are solid loaders, but it seems like the staple loader in the community is the Dye rotor in my opinion. All are good hoppers, but I personally prefer the Rotor over any other hopper due to it's ruggedness and reliability. Hope that helps

MiniAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:44 PM #7
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

Annual Supporting Member
safariguy5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
safariguy5 plays in the APPA D5 division
safariguy5 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
safariguy5 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
safariguy5 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniAlex View Post
All are solid loaders, but it seems like the staple loader in the community is the Dye rotor in my opinion. All are good hoppers, but I personally prefer the Rotor over any other hopper due to it's ruggedness and reliability. Hope that helps
Partly because the Rotor has been around the longest (2008). The Spire came out in 2012 and the TFX in 2015. You can probably find the best price on a used Rotor, there's not much difference internally between the earlier versions and the later ones. The R-2 is their most recent version and that's different from the original Rotors.
Infinite Resistance #21

ASM Jersey Idea Thread 2016 Edition
safariguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:34 AM #8
Apple 3.14

Apple 3.14 supports Empire
^^ agree with Safariguy5.

Used Rotor will be your best cost-effective purchase.

CUSTOM HEADBANDS!
Apple 3.14 is offline   Reply With Quote