Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM #1
kukris101

newbie buying help

Well hello PBNattion , my name is Michael and i'm 14. I have wanted to play paintball for many years but due to insufficient funds I could not play. I have roughly $200 and am going to spend it on paintball. I have an ok $50-$30 mask , it fogs sometimes and has few scratches on the lens. Although this isnt too much of a problem because I mostly play X-ball at my local field, so i'm used to somewhat quick matches. I also have an old piranha that works (but needs new O-rings) , along with the gun I have a gravity fed hopper , 1 pod , and a JT 12 oz c02 tank. I am torn on what I need to buy, I am thinking a new mask. For a mask I was thinking Dye i4's or empire E-flex's. Maybe a new loader? Possibly a Virtue spire , or a Dye rotor. Maybe a new marker? Gog extcy , used invert mini , save up a bit more for a 2011 proto rail. I dont really know , I could really use some help. I have a local field that has a small pro shop, although im not sure what all they have. So help is needed, thanks.
kukris101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM #2
bigjohn141

bigjohn141 is playing at Living Legends VII
bigjohn141 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bigjohn141 posts videos on PbNation
bigjohn141 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Get the mask first, being able to see and play comfortably is above all else. Go down to the pro shop and see if they have a few you can try on. Get the one the feels the best, not the most flashy or the most popular. You probably won't gain much from a force fed hopper with a mechanical gun but if you plan on upgrading later you might as well just buy once. Browse the BST section here for some good deals on used equipment to make your money go further. Just be sure and read feed back for sellers so you don't get taken but most that deal here are decent people in my experience. Take a few bucks and buy you a oring kit for your gun if it needs it, makes for a long day if you keep having gun problems.

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."
bigjohn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM #3
p8ntballr68059
SOG Leprechaun Post Whore

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
you are limiting your world a bit on the markers. first find your budget and than subtract nice mask, loader and tank out of that. all of these can go on the your current marker while you save for your marker plus they are easy to sell if you decide you don't want to continue in the sport.
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Luxe,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is online now   Reply With Quote