Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-28-2015, 04:15 PM #1
Macweb3000

Spyder xtra help?!?!?

Hello everyone I'm a new paint baller and I recently inherited a spyder xtra from my girlfriends brother all stock except he tried to make it into a sniper but failed miserably so I took the scope the bipod and the butt off. I am quite certain it's a 2005 model and yes I know it would be better to get a new one but I'm not an avid paint baller. I plan to get a new feed neck with an electeic hopper, plus a new air tank and sleeve. It's a full mechanical with a gas blow back bolt and I want to know what kind of bolt I should get to swap it out and any other upgrades I should consider. Any hep would be much appreciated thanks guys!!!!
Macweb3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM #2
Lawpass

Lawpass has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The trick is to not spend more than $20 or $30 on upgrading the actual marker, if you spend more than that it's going to be more cost effective to get a better used one. There really isn't a bolt or internals that will make all that much difference. Basically just clean and lube everything. The only upgrade that would actually make the performance better in that range would be a one piece barrel like a j&j or a CP one piece. A clamping feed neck would be a nice convienience and it's easy to find a cheap spyder one so that seems good. The air tank and hopper would of course get reused on other markets so that sounds good too.
Lawpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:55 PM #3
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

A new feedneck might be a worthwile upgrade on a marker like the 05 Xtra. The stock arrangement of the aluminum stovepipe and plastic straight elbow is pretty poor.

There have been a number of different Spyder feedneck styles over the years, so to make sure you get one that's compatible with yours (assuming it is in fact a 2005 Xtra), you're going to want to find one of the "tabbed" variety, like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOWRISE-ALUM...em3f4f82 6641

You may want to double check that, though. Make sure that your gun's feedneck is secured by two tabs and not tabs with holes through them.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:46 AM #4
cpt_crunch

cpt_crunch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
A spyder xtra isnt worh the internal upgrades. The increase in performance will be so small you'll never notice. Skip the electric hopper and go for a proto Primo. A J&J or CP one peice is always nice. If you do plan on playing fairly regularly id get an HPA tank. But really, spend the money on a good mask and paint
Lover of All Things Paintball
cpt_crunch is offline   Reply With Quote