Community Focus

Old 05-15-2011, 07:14 PM #43
Cheers!
Custom User Title

Cheers! supports Sherwood Forest
Cheers! is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodymurder View Post
You will never find marbs for 35 a case. never.
I can vouch for whoever said they got marbs for 35 bucks. A few years back Sports Chalet was selling marbs for 35 (or around 37 after tax). I'm assuming someone who worked there decided all paint was the same, so they priced all the paint at right below the 40 mark (to undercut the paintball shops I assume). I bought two cases of the stuff, which is saying something considering I played stock class at the time.

But within two months they stopped stocking marbs in 2000ct cases, and only stock them in 1000ct now. The difference is that they only lowered the price by about five bucks. So now it's $30/1000ct.

Anyways what I'm saying is that yes, you can (could at least) get marbs for dirt cheap. There were also NO broken balls, and they broke like a charm, and shot nice and straight

Last edited by Cheers! : 05-15-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Cheers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2011, 07:34 PM #44
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

I find all this talk hilarious, I've run VI paint through my SL94 w/rotor playing out in the desert and woods just fine. Never had any issues with it, esp. the stuff that has the Ecofill label- that stuff's always pretty good.

OSST FDT: 10% on topic, 90% diary entries, 100% homoerotic
JordanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:03 PM #45
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I find all this talk hilarious, I've run VI paint through my SL94 w/rotor playing out in the desert and woods just fine. Never had any issues with it, esp. the stuff that has the Ecofill label- that stuff's always pretty good.
Well walmart paint can be hit or miss. The paintballs themselves aren't really the problem. But old paint is still old paint. Mishandled and broken paint is still a broken paintball. I've seen many paintballs go through walmart, it was the only place locally for awhile I could get paint, then a few shops started selling gear, and the market here wasn't strong enough to hold them up. My uncles motorsports shop does CO2 fills now but that's it and probably only because walmart only sells like the 100 gram single use cylinders and 12 grams. The pro VI I've heard can compete pretty well and I'm trying to weigh my options.

Youre another person that is behind VI and that's what I was asking for. Sadly I don't VI locally anymore because wallyworld picked up JT for now.

As long as they aren't like monsterballs that are marbles or blow up inside my breach Or barrel I'm fine with the paint.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:34 PM #46
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ya, i dont know why its so funny, its just a paint discussion and everyone has their own opinions. As far as VI, it is probably more dependent on the area, and as i said before, the local wal-marts in my area will no longer be carrying paintball anything due to how long we sit on it. I'm sure the story is different in other areas, but the fact is that I play with a very experienced group down by my place and the general agreement is a $40+ case of good paint will save you money in the long run just due to the fact that you know its fresh, you have less to worry about with dimples and broken balls, and your paint is going to be more accurate due to a more controlled bore size enabling you to shoot 3 to hit someone rather than 10 which actually saves you money in the long run. Seems like most people that play around us know that and don't invest in the wal-mart paint. It takes about 2-3 days to get a case of paint off the internet so ordering paint doesn't bother me in the least.

In regards to hard vs. brittle paint, there was a time when harder paint was a much more cherished item than brittle paint. Those that play woodball like a harder shell to make it through things like brush or tall grass while those in tournaments don't have to worry about those kind of obstacles and want something that enables the least bounces possible. I like things like diablo heat or rps stingers for outdoors due to their much harder shell than something like marballizers or evil which is "tournament" grade and is great for small speedball courses.

Seems like too many people get upset anymore when they get hit with a paintball. they blame it on the hardness of the ball or try to say that people were using high end guns that hurt. I dont know about you guys, but the only guns im "afraid" of are the cheaper blowbacks, spyders and piranhas. I would take a lashing from an ego or etek any day than get shot from those.

Last edited by Slow Z Rally : 05-16-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Slow Z Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:32 PM #47
Romcrx

Visible Impact paint sold as wal-mart is decent paint. It shot real straight for me and broke on impact and not in the barrel or hooper. and its only 35 bucks a case. you do have to open the boxes in the store to make sure there are no broken ones, but if there are open another box and take out a bag or two that isnt broken so you have a full case of unbroken paint.

The JT Elite and Premium paint sold at walmart now is junk. It doesnt fly straight and doesnt break on impact at times. I will never buy it again. and they are selling if for 25 bucks for a 1000. thats outrageous.

just my .02c
Romcrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:39 PM #48
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romcrx View Post
Visible Impact paint sold as wal-mart is decent paint. It shot real straight for me and broke on impact and not in the barrel or hooper. and its only 35 bucks a case. you do have to open the boxes in the store to make sure there are no broken ones, but if there are open another box and take out a bag or two that isnt broken so you have a full case of unbroken paint.

The JT Elite and Premium paint sold at walmart now is junk. It doesnt fly straight and doesnt break on impact at times. I will never buy it again. and they are selling if for 25 bucks for a 1000. thats outrageous.

just my $0.02
I know im an *** for fixing that lol.

someone said the $30 JT rec was better than the elite. I'm gonna check it out soon.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:51 AM #49
dukops420

visible impact isnt that bad i used it once when i went camping with my crap g3 and it was really good
dukops420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:45 PM #50
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm assuming AK is Akron. If that is so, I know that the Brimfield Wally World still sells Visible Impact. No clue on the prices though. There's also Underground Sports in the Falls that sells Stinger for $40 a case, I believe, and you'd avoid the shipping costs.
AABanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:29 PM #51
Dysfunctional
Fossil of the forum

has been a member for 10 years
Dysfunctional supports our troops
Dysfunctional is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dysfunctional supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8somepie View Post
I thought Walmart carried Visible Impact, but searching online I cannot find any at all. It looks like they are carrying or going to be carrying JT branded paint now. Looks like JT Recreational; JT Elite; and JT Tactical.

I know its wally-world paint, but anyone have any luck with any of these paints?
Yep, WalMart used to carry Visible Impact until a few months ago when they switched to JT. I use WalMart paint for woods and recreational play where I am not required to use FPO. My local WalMarts don't have a problem with aged paint as the stock clears off the shelves regularly. Like most things in life you get what you pay for. Don't expect tournament grade paint at bargain basement prices. Unless it is some ridiculous promotion then it just isn't going to happen. But, as a smart consumer, don't settle for a box of busted up paint either. If you have to, pay and open it at the register. Use the cashier as a witness as to the quality and condition of the paint you purchased when you go over to customer service for a refund. As long as you are polite yet insist what you purchased is defective then you should either receive an exchange (for good paint) or a refund. We shoot this paint in everything from ViewLoaders, Spyders and Ions to Intimidators, PMs and Egos using stock barrels, Dye barrels, carbon fiber DeathStix to Empire kits without any ill effects. It holds up well in Halo B, VLo Jr., gravity, Pulse, Eggy's, and Rotor hoppers. Now if you buy it and save it for 6 months then yeah, expect dimples and what not as other problems associated with aged paint occur.

Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.
Dysfunctional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:42 PM #52
RojPup

I haven't had many issues with the paint itself. I haven't had a chop or a barrel break yet, but even with a good barrel match I'll still have ones fly off to either side. I've bought two cases from my local wal-mart just so I could have some CHEAP paint to cycle through my gun and tune it without having to hunt down re-balls or pay $50/case for the good stuff.

I'm trying to tune my guns before I go out, and the 12 year old that's still inside me still gets kicks just plinking around. I'd rather plink with a $30 case instead of a $50+ case.
RojPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:06 AM #53
MovingBunker199

Do not buy Wal- Mart paint, it is bad for clothes, bunkers and most impotantly your own gear. Most feilds and feild paint only facilities anyways, but just go to a local proshop and the might sell it in a good price range.
MovingBunker199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:18 AM #54
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RojPup
I haven't had many issues with the paint itself. I haven't had a chop or a barrel break yet, but even with a good barrel match I'll still have ones fly off to either side. I've bought two cases from my local wal-mart just so I could have some CHEAP paint to cycle through my gun and tune it without having to hunt down re-balls or pay $50/case for the good stuff.

I'm trying to tune my guns before I go out, and the 12 year old that's still inside me still gets kicks just plinking around. I'd rather plink with a $30 case instead of a $50+ case.
I hear you there!

I have a box of stingers for tuning and messing around with, formula 13 for my semi, and rps premium for my pump sitting right here.

I've had to drive long and far to get my formula 13 and premium. 7 hours driving time total for 2 cases of paint.

Walmart is my best paintball dealer within an hour.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:01 PM #55
INvErtMiNI96

Just went through a case of JT paint not to long ago, it really depended on the bag, some chopped, other flew good, some bounced, others were very sensitive.
INvErtMiNI96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:17 PM #56
habicabi
PCU

habicabi plays in the APPA D4 division
I used Visible Impact last weekend and was pretty impressed. Broke on my targets and flew straight.
habicabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:05 PM #57
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by habicabi
I used Visible Impact last weekend and was pretty impressed. Broke on my targets and flew straight.
Well I've heard that it's a decent rec paint but the biggest thing that affects it is the condition of the paint when you buy it. My Walmart doesn't sell out that often so it gets stale.

I seem spectrum fly today and I was rather impressed. I didn't get to shoot it though because I was pumping marbs.

So spectrum is another one to watch for!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:41 PM #58
daman00912

daman00912 supports Team VICIOUS
Spectrum is the worst paint ive ever shot and you should not buy walmart to support your local shops!
daman00912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:51 PM #59
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by daman00912
Spectrum is the worst paint ive ever shot and you should not buy walmart to support your local shops!
Lol, my "local" shop is at least an hour away and sometimes paying 65 dollars for a midgrade paint isn't feasible along with that drive for me to plink in my backyard and to tune my gun.

I went to a field an hour and a half away today and I was more than happy to buy and shoot marballizers there from them over the spectrum.

Sometimes walmart is the best some people have.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:20 AM #60
lunatic209

I didn't get alot of experience with the JT or VI paint but this past weekend a bunch of my friends and I went camping. We all brought our guns along to have some fun in the woods. I bought a case of Formula 13. Most of them bought the JT and VI paint from Walmart. Playing for 4 days over the weekend I was really impressed with the VI. The JT stuff was alright, not as accurate as the VI and I had a few not break and the accuracy wasn't all that great. I really liked the VI though, it performed great in my A5. They had a nice fill and shot pretty straight. We had about 5 boxes of the 2000 count VI and none of them had any broken balls. The same goes for the JT also, no broken balls either. I think for the money the VI are pretty decent paint.

Kind of off topic, but I was just wondering. Is there a manufacture defect of the Formula 13's? I went to the local PB store to buy some paint. There was only 1 case of Formula 13 left. I checked it out and alot of the balls had dimples. I asked for a new case but the guy told me that was the last one. He stated they will be having a new shipment the next day. 2 days later I went back and there were probably 15 cases stacked there. I went and opened the first box. Upon inspecting the paint I noticed that this box also had alot of dimples. Opened another and same thing. After going through 3 brand new boxes I just gave up and said F it. So I buy 1 case. They performed ok. Not as good as the VI though. I remember buying some Formula 13 from the same store and they actually shot really good, but those were about 3 months ago.
lunatic209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:28 AM #61
RojPup

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic209 View Post
I didn't get alot of experience with the JT or VI paint but this past weekend a bunch of my friends and I went camping. We all brought our guns along to have some fun in the woods. I bought a case of Formula 13. Most of them bought the JT and VI paint from Walmart. Playing for 4 days over the weekend I was really impressed with the VI. The JT stuff was alright, not as accurate as the VI and I had a few not break and the accuracy wasn't all that great. I really liked the VI though, it performed great in my A5. They had a nice fill and shot pretty straight. We had about 5 boxes of the 2000 count VI and none of them had any broken balls. The same goes for the JT also, no broken balls either. I think for the money the VI are pretty decent paint.

Kind of off topic, but I was just wondering. Is there a manufacture defect of the Formula 13's? I went to the local PB store to buy some paint. There was only 1 case of Formula 13 left. I checked it out and alot of the balls had dimples. I asked for a new case but the guy told me that was the last one. He stated they will be having a new shipment the next day. 2 days later I went back and there were probably 15 cases stacked there. I went and opened the first box. Upon inspecting the paint I noticed that this box also had alot of dimples. Opened another and same thing. After going through 3 brand new boxes I just gave up and said F it. So I buy 1 case. They performed ok. Not as good as the VI though. I remember buying some Formula 13 from the same store and they actually shot really good, but those were about 3 months ago.
It depends on the shell mixture and the external conditions. I LOVED shooting Evil and Mid-Evil when I lived up north, but the only thing that shoots well down here in GA is Draxxus. You can get a case of Evil fresh from the factory and let it sit and you'll have dimples within a week. The same cases of Draxxus sitting in the same conditions won't have dimples.

Some paint is better suited for other climates.

Last edited by RojPup : 07-13-2011 at 12:57 AM.
RojPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:43 PM #62
soccerstud_2009
I LIKE TURTLES

Annual Supporting Member
soccerstud_2009 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerstud_2009 plays in the APPA D4 division
The JT Rec paint is decent paint if you get a fresh batch of it, it shoots straight and breaks easy.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:54 PM #63
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Shot XO spectrum today against marbs.

The spectrum was fresh to my knowledge and I was using a tippmann sl68-2 and a black magic cocker pump that belonged to my roommate.

The spectrum shot well from a .684 freak on the cocker. The fill is subpar and not very impressive. The shell was thick as well.

The marbs shot the same over all, maybe a little less curvy than the spectrum and a little flatter. The fill was a huge difference though and the shell was more brittle.

Spectrum 5.5/10
Marbs 8/10