Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-14-2011, 10:15 PM #22
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
I tried stopping at Ohio paintball today going through Columbus on the way back from a trip and I caught them at closing sadly. I stopped by my walmart coming into my hometown and they just got a stock of JT paint in, both the Rec and elite. I might try based on the info above^^. If it's not the greatest o don't see much harm done at $30 a Case. It'll probably be my go to in case of emergency paint.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2011, 10:31 PM #23
Lil_Bear

Go support a local store even though walmart has everything you needs
Old 05-14-2011, 10:45 PM #24
Demon of the Mist (Banned)

Ya com on don't buy from Wal-Mart. Though you just wasted 30 dollars haha JT paint will be bounce like a mofo. If you take it out and its camo with pink shell. I have never seen a case that actually broke when fired.
Demon of the Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:52 PM #25
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
if you have a sports authority. get paint there. JT Maxim and Marbs are $35 per case, TOPS. if you go to high school, ask if they have those 15% off cards for SA. helps MUCHO.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:03 PM #26
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Always open your paint before you buy. I've had Wal-Mart employees try to give me guff about it, but I'm not buying broken paintballs from anybody.
I agree, I was at Dicks doing just that (no local PB shop)
and the guy said "are you gonna buy that?"
I replied "yeah, but I'm not buying broken stuff I can't use"
"you know, I have to tell you it gets dropped"
"that's why I'm checking each bag for breaks"
"people just buy it and deal with broken ones"
At this point I had taken 4 good bags from 2 or 3 boxes, I think there was 1 unbroken bag left after I got my 4.
he says "now we can't sell those, you took the good ones and left the broken ones"
I reply "you shouldn't sell those you should send them back."
He mentioned people just buying paint and dealing with/expecting breaks and I mention again that I don't do that. then I went and paid too much for some crappy paint and decided to never shop at Dicks again.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:18 PM #27
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosaaber View Post
I agree, I was at Dicks doing just that (no local PB shop)
and the guy said "are you gonna buy that?"
I replied "yeah, but I'm not buying broken stuff I can't use"
"you know, I have to tell you it gets dropped"
"that's why I'm checking each bag for breaks"
"people just buy it and deal with broken ones"
At this point I had taken 4 good bags from 2 or 3 boxes, I think there was 1 unbroken bag left after I got my 4.
he says "now we can't sell those, you took the good ones and left the broken ones"
I reply "you shouldn't sell those you should send them back."
He mentioned people just buying paint and dealing with/expecting breaks and I mention again that I don't do that. then I went and paid too much for some crappy paint and decided to never shop at Dicks again.
I thought for a second you said you were at wal-mart and I was like, UH, we aren't allowed to tell the customer no, so that would be an interesting story. At wal-mart, the customer is always right, no matter how much I hate them.
Slow Z Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:28 PM #28
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Haha I dislike like walmart and some of their business practices, even if it is the smart thing to do as a major corporation. They are the best paintball dealer though within 45 miles though because they are my only dealer you know with brass eagle blades, those ugly horrid cybrids, and the good ol platinum tippies. I know people hate on walmart but if I run out of paint mail order takes time to get here.

No paint, no paintball playing. They don't call it airball, oh wait...
I haven't bought it but it's there, as a 911 situation for me.
I'll be playing renegade/outlaw mostly over the summer too anyways so if it bounces ohhhh well. It's just a game not a paid tournament.

Trust me in a heartbeat, Id buy from a paintball shop if I could. The reason I was at one today was because my family and I were driving back from Cincinnati and I decided to make a detour through Columbus instead of taking the bypass just to go to Ohio paintball. I live on the Ohio river on the west Virginia border. Unfortunately it's nowhere and the nearest places to me are >1 hour away. The nearest large commercial field sells cases at $80 a pop as listed on their site.

No sports authority either :/ I wish I could get Marbs cheap like that.

OT: I got a freak kit in today! Err, most of it I believe. And it doesn't match my etek lol

Last edited by i8somepie : 05-14-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:03 AM #29
Bloodymurder

Annual Supporting Member
Bloodymurder supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
if you have a sports authority. get paint there. JT Maxim and Marbs are $35 per case, TOPS. if you go to high school, ask if they have those 15% off cards for SA. helps MUCHO.
You will never find marbs for 35 a case. never.

All I can say is if you're just out playing with your friends, you'd have to be a real *** to let the paint bother you as long as it shoots out of the marker and isn't flying all over the place.
There's nothing wrong with wal-mart paint, just make sure you open it and inspect it before you buy it and tell any store employee that bothers you for it to piss off.

Albion College Lacrosse
Bloodymurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:27 AM #30
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
You MIGHT find a case of marbs for $35 but it will be a smashed case oozing paint everywhere or it was made back in 1992. Or a combination of both, then you might find it for $30. Anyways, ya, when you are in a pickle, you get what you can get. Although wal-mart paint made quite the mess out of my mini and prophecy hopper that I let a friend borrow today (just spent the last hour cleaning it all), and I had no worries all day running my RPS Stinger. On a side note, wal-mart is the best retail corporation that I have ever worked for, but this bs about us not being allowed to offend anyone drives me insane. Not because I want to offend customers, but we aren't even allowed to talk to other associates about problems we have with them because it might offend them. Ticks me off to no end.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:54 AM #31
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I've actually had very, very good luck with Visible Impact. It runs pretty small (.682?) but it's always broken well for me and the bright pink fill is very, well, visible. It doesn't stain like pink Valken or Evil does, either.

Just don't try to use the new "Ecofill" stuff in cold weather. I tried that once in 38 degree weather and it was actually too brittle, and broke in every gun my friend and I tried it in. When I used the same batch of paint in 65 degree weather it worked beautifully.

As for those who say they've gotten bad Visible Impact, it's probably due to what Slow Z Rally said: you never know how long it's been sitting at your local Wal-Mart.

Around here though, the paint appears and disappears from the shelves pretty fast, so I can usually be pretty certain that the Visible Impact I buy is fairly fresh.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:06 PM #32
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
The one time I used Visible Impact it was the exact same paint as RPS Nightmare..like..it was just rebranded Nightmare. Same shells, same fill, same brittleness.
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:15 PM #33
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
The one time I used Visible Impact it was the exact same paint as RPS Nightmare..like..it was just rebranded Nightmare. Same shells, same fill, same brittleness.
Weird. Visible Impact is made by Procaps.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:19 PM #34
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
My stingers are at .682 right now.

Someone said that VI was re-branded by walmart but was draxxus (which is procaps?) I believe?

I mean any paint that's old can turn out to be really really horrible.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:22 PM #35
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Weird. Visible Impact is made by Procaps.
Yeah I know, but my field started stocking nightmare that weekend and the paint was identical. Needless to say I was pretty happy that my $30 paint was just as good as the field's $90 paint.
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:02 PM #36
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
Ya like i says, the BIGGEST reason I dont buy wal mart paint is because of how long ive seen it sitting on my shelves. I rotate my paint all the time that sits at my house, making sure there are no flat spots and no ball breaks. I did notice that stinger was super tiny when my .684 kaner back didn't fit it quite all the way. Most were needing a little blow through and none were falling out of my barrel, but it wasn't a good fit by any means. I'm thinking I will be investing in a deadlywinds CF barrel and some freak inserts to go with it for small paint. Kaner kit just doesn't cut it anymore, paints getting smaller and smaller.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:47 PM #37
str8baller09

str8baller09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
str8baller09 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
thanks for the hint man did just what u said..cant beat 30$ Marbs.. great for team practice.
str8baller09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:18 PM #38
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Z Rally View Post
Ya like i says, the BIGGEST reason I dont buy wal mart paint is because of how long ive seen it sitting on my shelves. I rotate my paint all the time that sits at my house, making sure there are no flat spots and no ball breaks. I did notice that stinger was super tiny when my .684 kaner back didn't fit it quite all the way. Most were needing a little blow through and none were falling out of my barrel, but it wasn't a good fit by any means. I'm thinking I will be investing in a deadlywinds CF barrel and some freak inserts to go with it for small paint. Kaner kit just doesn't cut it anymore, paints getting smaller and smaller.
Just picked up a total freak for $85 and I'm pretty happy with it. It has the blue freak front though and I have a dust red etek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8baller09 View Post
thanks for the hint man did just what u said..cant beat 30$ Marbs.. great for team practice.
this makes me jealous.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:21 PM #39
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8somepie View Post
Just picked up a total freak for $85 and I'm pretty happy with it. It has the blue freak front though and I have a dust red etek.
Huh, well is it a gloss blue tip? and what length? im thinking about getting either a 16 inch freak kit (and my minicocker is blue), or a deadlywinds and a set of inserts for it.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:05 PM #40
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Z Rally View Post
Huh, well is it a gloss blue tip? and what length? im thinking about getting either a 16 inch freak kit (and my minicocker is blue), or a deadlywinds and a set of inserts for it.
Its a 14" gloss blue freak tip. I heard the DW Fibur is awesome and the Whip Tip is there if you want to keep using the freak backs if you have different style marker threading (impulse, cocker, tippmann).
To keep the thread on topic you can PM me if you want to talk about this.

As for paint, I found a little field that's selling US Army Paintballs for $30 a case. It's pre-2011, so should I just pick up a case of this or bring my own paint for a $10 fee which I'll probably bring Stingers or JT Rec?

Last edited by i8somepie : 05-15-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:34 PM #41
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dick's Sporting Goods down the street from me sells Xball Scenario. never tried it but i know a guy who runs it through his NT no problems and from what i've heard from him it breaks on impact, pretty accurate too
Old 05-15-2011, 05:39 PM #42
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MaN KemP View Post
Dick's Sporting Goods down the street from me sells Xball Scenario. never tried it but i know a guy who runs it through his NT no problems and from what i've heard from him it breaks on impact, pretty accurate too
A few gentlemen on here have mentioned Xball as a decent rec ball paint. I'm going to be looking into it.

As I use paints I'll probably put my input into here.