Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-12-2011, 11:05 PM #1
hines.lb

Fenix ACS Help - Chopping Balls

I'm using a Fenix ACS with an ACS bolt, however I keep chipping balls. It only happens when I fire a rapid amount of balls quickly. I don't believe I bought cheap paint but maybe that's the reason. They're Inertia balls. Is there anything that I can do about this if it's not the balls?
Thanks.
hines.lb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 PM #2
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
I have a couple questions

How old is the ACS Bolt?

and what kind of loader are you using?

and what firing mode are you using when the balls are chopped?

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:32 AM #3
hines.lb

I'm not sure as to how old the bolt is. I got the gun off of Craigslist.

I'm using a VL 200 Viewloader. So a gravity loader.

And the gun has a normal trigger and grip, as found on a Spyder Victor. So semi-automatic.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:37 AM #4
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
The ACS bolt is better than nothing but it's not foolproof. You need an electric loader if you want to walk the gun for sustained periods of time, your gravity loader isn't feeding fast enough. The giveaway is that you say it "only happens during rapid fire". That means the balls aren't making it all the way from the loader to the breech before the bolt is moving forward, cleaving them in half. Try and find a revolution, Evlution, or similar electric loader.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:38 AM #5
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Well, new acs bolts I believe have a break in time because of the spring inside of the bolt. so that might not be an issue if its been used.

If its a mechanical trigger I don't think you're shooting 15 bps.

It might be your loader not being able to keep up when you shoot. Even with the ACS bolt you might be smashing the paintball against the inside of the feedneck and the breach due to the balls not being able to fall quick enough..

This is just my assumption, and hopefully someone else can add some input.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:39 AM #6
hines.lb

Well I've noticed that when I shoot it pops the balls up the feedneck. Will an electric hopper fix that?

And if I get an electric hopper do I need to get a new grip and trigger as well?

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:51 AM #7
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno's Hierarchy of paintball gear thread

I just bumped this up, but I'd go and give it a look over.

Your marker is a blowback and the air from your tank is forcing the paint back up the hopper. I think the proto primo is a gravity loader that seems to be ok with higher recoil markers. I'm really not to sure about the perfect loader for you but maybe someone can help is with that. My prophecy has a freeway which guides the paint down the feedneck. I guess when empire designed the freeway they included venting in the freeway to avoid the air from blowing
Paint back up. My best friend shot a Tippmann 98 today with a rotor
And there was no problems from what I could see with that loader. That being said, those are pretty pricey.

Depending how much you are willing to get into paintball, I'd definitely recommend a newer electronic hopper. The new ones are amazing, but expensive such as the rotor, pinokio, and prophecy. They load amazingly fast, have good battery life, have a generally light touch on paintballs, and the motor doesn't whine when balls are not being loaded if you like to play in the woods. Look into VLocity Jrs. They have great reviews and are fairly cheap nowadays. There are downsides to. Your best bet is to do a little research if you plan to get one.

As for the trigger, you don't need to get a new one. Its preference. Go down the hierarchy list and if all your bases are covered and you absolutely love paintball and want to move up, get a newer marker instead of upgrading.

It's all about having fun first though. You don't need the newest most expensive equipment to have fun, always remember that.

Last edited by i8somepie : 05-13-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:54 AM #8
hines.lb

Thanks for all your help! And I have a blast! It's just frustrating when you look down and there's paint sprawled on the inside of your feedneck.

I'll take a look at electric hoppers then.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:21 PM #9
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
to the op

as the marker is used i would first check to see if the paint nubbins in the feed neck are still there and are in one piece and not bent or worn off.they keep the next paintball from falling into the breach and being sliced. on the blow back issue if you take a paper towle and place it over the feed neck and dry fire and it gets shot away with a good force then what your seeing is extra air the marker does not need to cycle going up the breach. on older sypders and pmi markers you were running about 600 psi to cycle them. the newer markers need a lot less air to work right. I would look into a c02 reg that had range of 0-800 psi like an old cocker reg and slowly turn it down till you have very littly blow back and that the marker was still cycling.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:00 PM #10
hines.lb

Yeah. That sounds about right. There's quite a bit of extra Co2 being shoved out through the feedneck. It's popping the balls pretty high.
My Fenix has, what I believe to be, an E99 expansion chamber. Is there anyway for me to use that to my benefit or do I need to invest in a regulator?
And if so, what's a good one to purchase that isn't super expensive?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:19 PM #11
pechia22

Try like an Empire b relaoder or Halo those are decent hoppers

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3780437

ION, MATRIX, EVENTS, GUERILLA AIR 68/4500, HEADGEAR, JT PAINTBALL PANTS, RELOADER B HOPPER, HATS, TIPPMANN BUT STOCK

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3790927
pechia22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:12 PM #12
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
to the op

with c02 regs you can go cheap if you find the older pmi regs. there cheap and they wont last.if your looking for good c02 regs that going to last and not fail you want a palmer reg or one like it built for c02.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 PM #13
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
i know you got your info, but if all else fails, check into getting a battery-fed loader.

best one apart from the invert too, prophecy, rotor and the other over-$60 loaders is the Revvy IMO (reVLution, not eVLution) battery efficient, quiet, simple, and good. definitely will see a reduction in chops.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:54 AM #14
vikingshadow
SCHWING!

vikingshadow is a Moderator
vikingshadow supports Team VICIOUS
vikingshadow supports Team VICIOUS
vikingshadow supports our troops
Make sure that you're actually getting chops. Could be barrel breaks as well. Take your bolt out and check to see if there is paint all up and down it. If so, it's chopping. If there isn't any, or very little, paint on the bolt its most likely barrel breaks which means you either have crappy paint or need a different size barrel.

A motorized loader will help with the "popcorning" going on with your loader for sure. Any one will put pressure on the ball stack (except the Quantum loader which is crap and i can't believe they still sell them). With a mech frame you don't need the best, super fancy loader.

I'm selling all my paintball stuff! Look here! My Baby! Phantom Pump
vikingshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:24 PM #15
nV Nadez

spyders arnt high end guns therefore expect the unexpected. regardless of the acs system you are using paint will still be chopped. i use to own a spyder and had the same problem. second i would check the paintballs and where they are being stored. too hot makes ball bigger. too cold make ball brittle
nV Nadez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:26 PM #16
franelpana

franelpana has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nV Nadez View Post
spyders arnt high end guns therefore expect the unexpected. regardless of the acs system you are using paint will still be chopped. i use to own a spyder and had the same problem. second i would check the paintballs and where they are being stored. too hot makes ball bigger. too cold make ball brittle
you don't need a 1000$ gun to shoot without chops
franelpana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:21 PM #17
bobmanboy
I'm wayyyyy up there.

Make sure your using an electronic loader, as it will feed faster and more consistent.
Also check to see if the paint you are using isnt bad quality.
And clean the bolt.
bobmanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:57 PM #18
nV Nadez

Not anywhere in my post did i say anything about needing a $1000 gun to shoot w/o chopping lol. what i said is spyders are a low end gun of course they are going to chop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by franelpana View Post
you don't need a 1000$ gun to shoot without chops

BRAND NEW BOSE IE2 HEADPHONES PRICED TO GO
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post77355756

WTB: YOUR ACTION FIGURES NOW!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post74537803
nV Nadez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:29 PM #19
dontflamemeplox
Awaiting Email Confirmation

dontflamemeplox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
its because they arent feeding fast enough. an electronic hopper will probably stop this. an eggy, vlocity jr, or used halo would all work great and are pretty cheap.

swaffle-what do you not understand? it is the hitting of a man in the face with your p***s
dontflamemeplox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:00 PM #20
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter supports Team VICIOUS
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
you need a faster hopper, yours can only drop balls at 8 per second, force fed loaders can do it much faster. look into the invert II or magna hopper, under 50 dollars new and work like a halo, faster then your gun can shoot is all that you need.