Advertisement
Old 06-06-2011, 05:24 PM #86
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
Feedback, Keep It Coming!

Keep the feedback coming guys, as this is used to make your next MWXL experience more enjoyable.

I would like to address the concern brought up by Incognito..
As per the rules, if a team is not present/show up for their matches the match is then a forfeit win to the opposing team.

Now with that said, I guess the option of bumping up the next team into the spot seems logical however, say we did and that team won the event, we would most definitely get push back from those that legitimately made it into Semi's. "This is bull****! Those guys didn't even make it to semi's! They shouldn't have even been here in the first place! (etc., etc., etc.). Forgetting the fact that they got their *** handed to them by a team that didn't make it into the next round that caught just happen to catch a break.

With that I pose the following question to YOU (The Players/Teams): Who deserves the break? Is it the team that didn't make the cut or is it one of the teams that did and now pretty much gets a buy based how APPA seeds the teams for the next round.... YOU GUYS TELL ME.

POST UP!
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:39 PM #87
Ramprat1972
CO-OWNER FIELD OF DREAMS

Annual Supporting Member
Ramprat1972 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ramprat1972 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ramprat1972 is for the Gunfight
Ramprat1972 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ramprat1972 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
IMO. You earn a spot into the top 8. If you can't play the game, the team seeded against them gets the win. Teams that did not earn the spot into the top 8 - GO HOME! And believe me, our team has gone home both events.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:39 PM #88
Simplifi
TEAM IncogNito

Simplifi plays in the APPA D5 division
Simplifi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hrmms... reasonable big black.. but with what you said maybe we should have the teams that did make the cut vote or so what, if not the hostest or event holder makes the decision. Either way will work for us. We were just wondering why that was. So future events like this could be solved easier. Thanks
Simplifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:46 PM #89
Simplifi
TEAM IncogNito

Simplifi plays in the APPA D5 division
Simplifi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
True.. but also. Put you and your team in our position if that was the case. Id bet you'd still want a chance to get that win knowing the teams that forfit just gave you a spot to next round.

Butthen again.. correction I think I heard only top 6 teams, not 8. Is that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramprat1972 View Post
IMO. You earn a spot into the top 8. If you can't play the game, the team seeded against them gets the win. Teams that did not earn the spot into the top 8 - GO HOME! And believe me, our team has gone home both events.
Simplifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:52 PM #90
Bobc3489

Bobc3489 plays in the PSP
Bobc3489 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bobc3489 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramprat1972 View Post
IMO. Teams that did not earn the spot into the top 8 - GO HOME!
Bobc3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 PM #91
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplifi View Post
True.. but also. Put you and your team in our position if that was the case. Id bet you'd still want a chance to get that win knowing the teams that forfit just gave you a spot to next round.

Butthen again.. correction I think I heard only top 6 teams, not 8. Is that right?
Correct.. top 8 moved on.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:06 PM #92
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplifi View Post
Hrmms... reasonable big black.. but with what you said maybe we should have the teams that did make the cut vote or so what, if not the hostest or event holder makes the decision. Either way will work for us. We were just wondering why that was. So future events like this could be solved easier. Thanks
Yea, putting the vote in the player’s hands still puts us (The MWXL) in a sticky situation. The best thing is to try to adhere to the rules currently in place which at some point could prove beneficial to you one day
Also, please keep in mind that things of this nature are strictly handled by the MWXL League and not the hosting field.

Thanks again.

P.s. I will be updating my signature with my email regarding all matters MWXL if you want to hit me up there. That’s your best bet if it's important to you as I am not always on the Nation (believe it not not).
Old 06-06-2011, 06:18 PM #93
LastarsonisT
I only have one rule...

has been a member for 10 years
LastarsonisT is a Paintball photographer
I can't wait to subscribe you to every awful newsletter I can find J.

"Photography is about showing who you are, not about who is in front of the lens." - Jerry Ghionis

Fotos
PhotoMOB
LastarsonisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:27 PM #94
srt4_paintballa
Dufour

srt4_paintballa plays in the PSP
srt4_paintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
srt4_paintballa supports Empire
srt4_paintballa is All In
As team captain/ manager of team Incognito. I feel that the teams that forfeit stay in their spot therefore no bumping should be made. They made it there fair and square. I understand that everyone on my team has there own opinion about this situation.

Reffing.... well could have been better. I understand the conditions were harsh. It just seemed that nick was the only one working out there constantly yelling at the others but that's their own problem that will prolly be worked out between them.

Overall it was fun! You will see our team at next event.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:27 PM #95
FightingOriole
No sanity here

FightingOriole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FightingOriole plays in the APPA D4 division
FightingOriole has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4_paintballa View Post
As team captain/ manager of team Incognito. I feel that the teams that forfeit stay in their spot therefore no bumping should be made. They made it there fair and square. I understand that everyone on my team has there own opinion about this situation.

Reffing.... well could have been better. I understand the conditions were harsh. It just seemed that nick was the only one working out there constantly yelling at the others but that's their own problem that will prolly be worked out between them.

Overall it was fun! You will see our team at next event.
as my manager said, they made if fair and square, so that is how it should be...would it have been awesome to play more, yes, but "you cant always get what you want"
FightingOriole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:34 PM #96
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
4leaf4life plays in the PSP
4leaf4life posts videos on PbNation
4leaf4life plays in the APPA Pro division
4leaf4life is Legendary
4leaf4life supports DLX Technology
I am happy to hear that you guys had a good time. I was really impressed with how well teams handled things, especially with the huge swing in weather patterns.

Now in regards to reffing. Please under stand that we take this very seriously. We, the refs, have all been in your shoes. No one likes bad reffing. We do our best to make sure things are done fairly, quickly, and with out hesitation.
I will defend our ever call and decision.

Now with that being said. I would of loved to of had more refs out there. It is the hardest thing to watch 10 players, shooting 10 guns, shooting close to 7,500 balls per game, and always make the correct, fair, and close call. Only having 6 refs. Players have the luxury to be able to watch things casually from angles we do not. Now being that you guys, the players, out number us by who know show many. You are going to see things that we are not. We do apologies for this.

Please then come to us with constructive ideas on what you may think can help. Telling us we suck, are going a horrible job, or any other degrading remark will not be tolerated. Most of the refs out on the field have been playing this game longer then 10 years. We know what to look for and the tell tales signs of the game. If you have any questions regarding why something is done one way or perhaps another way...ask.

In any case, we will have more ref's for the next events. I and the rest of the team look forward to seeing you all out there!

Nick
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:55 PM #97
Swan

Well from what I saw there was one ref actually doing something. Every other ref sat behind their umbrella, doing nothing but the occasional arm movement that the players couldn't even tell what they were doing. This was one of the worst reffed events I have seen, and I am very surprised no one else is upset about it. players were constantly being shot and the refs wouldn't move a muscle. If it took an extra step to check someone it wasn't happening. If there were 2 refs doing a decent job it would have been reffed better. I just don't see how you can say that the refs took anything seriously besides doing the least possible amount of work. I would like to say that the ultimate ref did step it up at the end when people were complaining and he did do a good job. Everyone else was pretty bad though.

and on another note. Was it supposed to be x-ball cause I was just under the assumption that an x-ball league would be playing x-ball

Last edited by Swan : 06-06-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:55 PM #98
FightingOriole
No sanity here

FightingOriole owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FightingOriole plays in the APPA D4 division
FightingOriole has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
FightingOriole has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Just an idea..and big black and nick hinted at it...send criticisms in email or pm...this should be kept as profesional as possible and while we all have our complaints..nick has done a good job keeping us in the loop....
FightingOriole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 PM #99
Bobc3489

Bobc3489 plays in the PSP
Bobc3489 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Well from what I saw there was one ref actually doing something. Every other ref sat behind their umbrella, doing nothing but the occasional arm movement that the players couldn't even tell what they were doing. This was one of the worst reffed events I have seen, and I am very surprised no one else is upset about it. players were constantly being shot and the refs wouldn't move a muscle. If it took an extra step to check someone it wasn't happening. If there were 2 refs doing a decent job it would have been reffed better. I just don't see how you can say that the refs took anything seriously besides doing the least possible amount of work. I would like to say that the ultimate ref did step it up at the end when people were complaining and he did do a good job. Everyone else was pretty bad though.

and on another note. Was it supposed to be x-ball cause I was just under the assumption that an x-ball league would be playing x-ball
Dont worry, plenty of other people are upset about it. When I got called hit I had to tell the ref to speak up because I couldn't even hear him and he didn't motion that I was hit. And mwxball.com says D3 XBALL (which hasn't happened this season) and D4 5 man race to 2, NOT xball
Bobc3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:56 PM #100
ybekool

ybekool plays in the PSP
ybekool owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ybekool supports Team VICIOUS
ybekool plays in the APPA D4 division
We had a good time down at this event and had some problems as well. But thanks to Nick some of them were resolved and by the end of the event the refs were doing ALOT better. that being said it is hard to watch 10 guys at every angle (Like nick said) you have to cut them all some slack. I was called out on 2 occasions for being "Hit" when i didnt have any paint on me but thats how the sport works. We all go out to play the game and have fun doing it. Play honest and refs will have a easier job =-).

Is counter coaching officially allowed? and for next event if you can watch for the calling from the sidelines. there were coaches posted on all sides of the field not just snake side.

Thanks again to Big Black and Nick + his crew for setting this event up. Also thanks to the guys at Pekin Paintball Park for hosting the event.
ybekool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:19 AM #101
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
4leaf4life plays in the PSP
4leaf4life posts videos on PbNation
4leaf4life plays in the APPA Pro division
4leaf4life is Legendary
4leaf4life supports DLX Technology
Quote:

I under stand how you feel and I am sorry you feel that way. The only thing I can say is sometimes you do not have to move when you see someone get hit. I do not know how many times I had players ask me if they were hit and point to a hit on there head/mask... If, as a ref, you see a paintball hit someone and break they are eliminated. There is no need to move in and check the player. Now I myself will admit that we did not vocalize players being hit very well and will do a better job in the future. I am not trying to attack you in anyway, only bring up the obvious that when we see someone get hit we call them out, there is no real need to run in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybekool View Post

Is counter coaching officially allowed? and for next event if you can watch for the calling from the sidelines. there were coaches posted on all sides of the field not just snake side.
Counter coaching is part of the game although I look down on it. If at anytime something offensive or cruel in nature is said to anyone while playing, I and the league will take immediate action. If you witness this at an event please find me.

We will do our best to minimize coaching from different sides of the field besides the snake side but please help us out. Everyone should know that there is only one side that can be coached on.
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:28 AM #102
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

Quote:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you play for the Bunnies? Not that it matters; I just know one of the moms was pretty pissed.

Look guys I will be the first to admit that the elements took there toll on our refs this event. And yes, there were some missed calls (there always is), maybe more than normal. For this I would like to apologize on behalf of MWXL.

I would only ask for the opportunity to turn this around and get us back on track. The turn out for the first two events was GREAT and we expect the third will be even GREATER with the changes for D3 and the 1vs1 event and Young Gunz. We don't wont to lose any of you guys because of one and bad incident.

Please rest assured that this matter is being handled swiftly and diligently to insure that it is not repeated.

Thank you,

Janssen “Big Black” Spain
bigblack@mwxl.com

P.s. The intention was to create a tournament series for YOU the players with X-Ball being the main component to prepare you for nationals… hence the league name. However, the turnout for X-Ball has not been what we hoped. But as the economy slowly comes back we look for X-Ball to return to the Mid West tourney scene… so the name stays

Old 06-07-2011, 12:42 AM #103
colin9489
Smokes lets go

colin9489 is playing at Living Legends III
colin9489 plays in the APPA D5 division
Everyone played on the same field, in the same elements, with the same refs.

perspective
Old 06-07-2011, 01:03 AM #104
Moraken

Moraken plays in the PSP
Moraken owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Moraken supports Team VICIOUS
My only thought on the reffing is that the reffs doing paintchecks on players who asked for it themselves, for head hits or other areas hard to see. I'm prefectly fine with reffs not having to run to check every player who has an opponent claim they are hit, but if a player needs a paintcheck so they avoid pulling a playing on penalty, the reff needs to be there.

With that I gotta say Aftershock did a damn fine job giving how ****ty the conditions were for reffing, I mean it sucked to be playing in it, let alone on the field reffing.
Moraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:21 AM #105
gruesomekyle

gruesomekyle plays in the PSP
gruesomekyle plays in the APPA D3 division
One question really quick, if someone is hit then they wave them selfs out and a reff calls them out and walk out are they allowed to be put back in by the reff? If the person that shot them got a penalty for being out of bounds. Then put back in and shot again get called out again then walked out of bounds, only to be put back in by the reff again?
gruesomekyle is offline   Reply With Quote