Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2013, 02:37 AM #1
hit_wiper

Modifying butt stock

I have a friend who is coming to his first game with us, recball/woodsball. He was gifted a used MR100 and wants to stick with it. The problem is the butt stock absolutely sucks once you have a mask on. You can't get your head behind the gun and are off to the side. It's just awkward.

He doesn't want to run it with a tank mounted and stock removed, he doesn't think we will take it easy on him since we all have electronic markers, and says the milsim look of the marker is the only way he will have fun. I even offered him my 2nd Axe and he declined.

I have a tapco stock for an actual rifle and they come with a second angled tube, which raises the rifle from the shoulder in a sense, instead of a straight back stock.

The tube at the top.

I was thinking that would be the best way to mod the MR100 stock so it allowed room for the mask. The problem is I am not sure what the best method to modify it would be. Do I try and melt the plastic or soften it and create a bend and hope it cools down and remains stiff enough? Do I saw off at an angle at certain point then put a dowel and connect the two parts at an angle with screws and glue? Something easier? Do I just tell him to kick rocks and go with a mounted tank or not go at all?

The MR100 stock is a hollow tube past the fake castle nut if it makes a difference. Thanks for any help.
hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2013, 02:49 PM #2
cpt_crunch

cpt_crunch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well I see a few ways of doing this. The first two ways involve cutting the tube for the stock near where it meets the marker body. You could reconnect the two pieces using an angled piece such as a PVC or Brass pipe elbow. You also create a dogleg stock by attaching the forward portion of the tube to the top of a block and attaching the rear portion of the tube to the bottom of the block therefore dropping the stock down as far as you make this block.

The other way to do it is to modify the part of the stock which connects that to the marker to be installed in the bottom tube instead of the top tube. That would drop it a little bit.
Lover of All Things Paintball

Buy my airsoft gear
cpt_crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:07 PM #3
hit_wiper

Thanks a lot. It would have never crossed my mind to use pvc as sort of a sleeve/fitting. I would have settled for working with the material on the stock. That is a very easy solution and would allow for a lot more custom angles.
hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:22 AM #4
dannyd123
Custom=Sexy

Get a riser if he is using sights, and if he does not want to mount a tank, use a remote line.

Don't melt the plastic, those nylon stocks get very brittle when melted. I've tried.
I would not dowel it either. It will compromise the integrity. If it's cheap enough, you can try, but may as well get a different designed tapco (pperhaps a folder ) or use my suggestions above.
dannyd123 is offline   Reply With Quote