PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 PM #1
jjarn

jjarn owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
axe!!

i just recently bought a used 2011 proto rail for my first gun but the day after i got the mini stuck on my mind and now the axe is. i hear its probably the best gun for the price. my local paintball store loaned me an axe. i shot both the rail and axe and really couldnt tell much of a difference. its probally me just being a noob but would like some more experienced players opinions
jjarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:42 PM #2
XSVterror16 II (Banned)
STs village idiot

XSVterror16 II owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
XSVterror16 II owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
XSVterror16 II supports Team VICIOUS
XSVterror16 II is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The two markers are completely different in their design. The AXE is an inline poppet valve where as the rail is a spool valve. They do shoot very similar mainly due to the rail does not having an lpr or a solenoid like that of a Geo/Geo2 that helps slow the bolt as it returns to its resting position. Overall, I'd say the rail is still a better gun.
XSVterror16 II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:21 AM #3
jjarn

jjarn owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
well tomorrow will be my first day using it in the field so i hope it performs well
jjarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:47 PM #4
bizzarr1
play til ya win

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVterror16 II View Post
The two markers are completely different in their design. The AXE is an inline poppet valve where as the rail is a spool valve. They do shoot very similar mainly due to the rail does not having an lpr or a solenoid like that of a Geo/Geo2 that helps slow the bolt as it returns to its resting position. Overall, I'd say the rail is still a better gun.
Which is why so many pro teams are using them.........
My name is John Merriman, what's yours?
bizzarr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:37 PM #5
Edonis13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVterror16 II View Post
you now that the axe/mini solenoid and bolt design drastically slows the bolt at the beginning and end of its cycle right? or are you only talking about the rail? im still groggy and may be misunderstanding your post.

Edonis13 is offline   Reply With Quote