digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Assassins Creed: Revelations (Nov, 2011)

After Brotherhood was a huge success Ubisoft immediately announced they'd be releasing another AC game this year.

Well... it's coming in November, and it's called "Revelations". Not too much is known about it except.

** UPDATED: 5/13/2011 @ 6:36PM PDT
  1. You’ll be playing as Altair, Desmond and Ezio
  2. We’ll see the conclusion of the Ezio storyline
  3. We’ll see an extension of your “Eagle” ability, and now have Eagle Sense which allows your character to listen to conversations at a distance.
  4. Ezio’s story will follow him tracking down 5 seals from Altair which will give access to the artifact Masyaf.
  5. As you obtain each seal you’ll relive Altair’s story for it through Ezio as Altair. Basically an object version of the Animus where Ezio now relives the memory of Altair as he finds these objects.
  6. That blade in the only official screenshot, above, is the Hookblade. Yes, you can kill with it, but more importantly you can zipline, and grab onto things while you climb.
  7. You’ll be able to craft new items (bombs)
  8. Multiplayer is more important as it has a story that allows you to move up the ranks of Abstergo, create guilds, change your appearance, and more. Ubisoft is stepping the bar up pretty high here IMHO.
  9. There’s, as expected, a new series of lair’s to experience to find your ultimate weapon (or armor. We don’t know yet) that is centered on an “Undisclosed Historical Figure”.
  10. Ezio get’s his groove on again as we always expect. This time with a character named Sofia Sorto.

Possible Spoiler update in Invisotext!
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
Still here? Okay. The final part here is that our boy Desmond is in a coma from his run in with Juno in AC: Brotherhood. So you’re going to be navigating his mind via the Animus to attempt to get to a point where Ezio, Altair and Desmond come together and Desmond will be back to the world of the living.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16375-...ezios-trilogy/
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/05/as...y-this-novemb/

What are your thoughts?

I, honestly, felt that Ezio's story was properly ended with Brotherhood but I'm not opposed to giving him a "true" sendoff with Revelations. Him sort of piecing together more of what has occurred to him (like Minerva talking to Desmond through him). His character has seen a pretty solid growth arch, and while I wouldn't have thought he'd get a new game I do think it's a solid choice using him again.

I'm most psyched about them using more Desmond. Nolan North, voices Desmond, is also the voice of Drake in Uncharted. So I think he needs more time, and with the ending of Brotherhood we know he has a MUCH bigger part to play, and I'm kinda psyched to watch Desmond grow more than anything else.

How about you?

Last edited by digitard : 05-13-2011 at 08:38 PM.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2011, 05:36 PM #2
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
i was hoping we'd get a new era

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:50 PM #3
Son of Doomsday
Official VOT Lurker

Son of Doomsday owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Son of Doomsday owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Son of Doomsday supports Team VICIOUS
Son of Doomsday plays in the APPA D4 division
Son of Doomsday is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
I thought it will be taking place in another era, nevertheless I am pumped for this game.
Son of Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:56 PM #4
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
AC3, the next "true" sequel to the storyline, should be. I know they've said they plan on changing era's but won't get too modern.

With the success of Brotherhood it looks like we just get more story in between the true sequels.

AC was released in 2007, and AC2 in 2009. So initially there was a 2yr cycle. Then they had the idea to expand on AC2 and released Brotherhood in 2010. Revelations in 2011. Brotherhood was actually, imho, a big improvement over a great AC2 . They really refined the mechanics so while not AC3 I actually really liked it. Even more than AC2 in some ways.

It's a cash cow for Ubisoft, but one that the team behind it is actually treating with a lot of respect in terms of actually making better games and stories. So we get the best of both worlds. Ubisoft wants money, and as long as the team behind the games doesn't throw out fluff games I welcome the constant games.

My guess is they have part of a team planning and fleshing out AC3, and in between they are going to expand on the current storyline of whatever game is out. So when AC3 comes out we'll have an expansion story like Brotherhood & Revelations before AC4.

This will end Ezio's journey, and really put Desmond into the spotlight. That means the next game will be the true AC3 since it will be a new Ancestor (hopefully in 2012 if they're doing yearly Title updates).

I don't mind a final Ezio game. I really dig the character, and with the end of Brotherhood I'd like to see a complete closure to Ezio and the "oh ****" last moments.

Then onto AC3 and a whole new bombshell.

Last edited by digitard : 05-05-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:16 PM #5
CptObvious
2A755 / 2A753

CptObvious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CptObvious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CptObvious supports Bob Gurnsey
I eagerly await this game. The story pulls you in, and it gets better and better with every release. Ezio is a great character, and while I am a bit tired of playing him, I have no qualms with a send-off game. What I enjoy the most about AC is that the team behind it has tweaked and refined it with each new release, while keeping the things that worked out great. It doesn't hurt that the story is ****ing amazing, and the characters pretty solid.

I will be playing the **** out of this game when it comes out.
Headbangers on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by: The Vest Guy || ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers || St!ffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
CptObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:30 PM #6
Pwned6911
Erin Go Bragh

Was hoping for AC3, but I do not mind this, so long as they do it well. (Which I am not too worried about.)
Old 05-06-2011, 12:04 AM #7
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

SO excited for this game. I've been playing AC since the first game and have literally pounded every game into utter completeness.
Nerve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:11 PM #8
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06 View Post
SO excited for this game. I've been playing AC since the first game and have literally pounded every game into utter completeness.
Yeah,
It's also one of the few series that keeps upping the bar each time.

AC: It was alright. I loved the story, but it was very repetitive, and so forth. They were on the right track in so many things, but the repetition almost killed it.

AC2: I picked it up because I wanted to see the story and pretty much every "issue" I had w/ AC was fixed. A whole new game, and the story was even better. I was hooked. I even played the DLC.

AC: Brotherhood. I see what you did there... you improved it, again. Kept AC2. Added a pinch of awesome improvements. Took the story even further w/o making me feel it was a cash cow release.

I think Ezio is a pivitol character for Desmond, and the future (as it's the first one that a "god" interfaced directly w/ Desmond through) and I'm cool w/ him being used again so I'm actually pretty psyched to see him get a true ending. AC: Brotherhood is a solid enough ending, but it's still very open (what happens between the end of the game's main stuff, and his final confrontation w/ Rodrigo?). It seems they're going to fill it in, and give you a very solid timeline.

If they can up the bar again it will remarkable to have 4 games that really up it each time w/o feeling tacked on in such a short time between some of them.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:50 PM #9
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

With the way AC: Brotherhood ended, I think everyone knew AC: ______ as a sequel to Brotherhood was coming. I have no problem with this because I really enjoy this series.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:31 AM #10
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I really enjoy this series. However, after having bought AC, AC2, and AC:Brotherhood, I'll probably rent this one. The multiplayer aspect, while neat, didn't keep me playing Brotherhood very much.
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:53 AM #11
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
The MP is fun from time to time, but I never invest much into it more than an hour here/there.

I think the SP, though, keeps me purchasing it because it's decently lengthy if you take the time to do stuff outside the main mission. I took Rome to 100%, did a TON of the side stuff, finished the main, etc. I was having a blast, and occasionally like to drop back in and have fun.

If it was a "finished, and done" type game I'd rent it for sure, but I keep playing it here/there.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:38 PM #12
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Added a bunch more "what we know" data.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:39 PM #13
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
This months issue of game informer has this on the cover, and im sure theres a related article but i havnt read it yet.

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:51 PM #14
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
It is. A lot of my updates came from that. I picked it out of the mailbox earlier.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:55 PM #15
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
oh cool. i gotta read it then

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:58 PM #16
I'm a homophobe (Banned)

Best story line of games for the modern era
I'm a homophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:56 AM #17
zellthemedic
GRAAAAAAA

zellthemedic helped look for balloons
zellthemedic is playing at Living Legends III
zellthemedic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
zellthemedic is for the Gunfight
zellthemedic has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
My guess is they have part of a team planning and fleshing out AC3, and in between they are going to expand on the current storyline of whatever game is out. So when AC3 comes out we'll have an expansion story like Brotherhood & Revelations before AC4.
There won't be an AC4. AC is a trilogy.

Quote:
When asked if in the game series’ future Desmond’s story will move away from the Animus, a representative said: “It’s always been planned to be a trilogy, and Desmond is going back [in time, using the Animus] to [eventually] become the ultimate assassin. Can’t tell you any more, though.”
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/200...#ixzz1MRPL63R9

UNITED STATES NAVY
zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:14 PM #18
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
There will be an AC4, but it may not follow Desmond or it may become a different type of setup (possibly how they're setting up non-Animus memories via Altairs objects in Revelations).

Fact is this is Ubisoft's biggest game. They broke records w/ Brotherhoods sales. If it continues to sell that big for them it will get new games. Just like how HALO was supposed to end w/ HALO 3 and that didn't happen.

They'll create a new storyline and go that route, and continue the Asassin's Creed series. Studio's enjoy staying in business, and as long as they keep selling so well they'll find new ways to keep the moniker alive. AC3 (and possible secondary game) will finish off what we know at this point. They may jump forward more, or backwards (aka the civilization seen in the Adam/Eve footage via Subject's cryptic messages in AC2), but they will keep making them.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:28 PM #19
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

Well, they've got an awful lot history that they could make a few more follow-up games with. Great storyline, it's the only other game besides the Mass Effect games that I've played over and over. I just love how immersive it is.

OSST FDT: 10% on topic, 90% diary entries, 100% homoerotic
JordanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:58 AM #20
JJTrading
Matty :)

Am I the only one that finds this series pretty repetitive? I mean the game is fun and has a cool story, but I always find myself getting bored after playing for an hour because I'm doing the same thing over and over again.
JJTrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:31 AM #21
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
In the original game I felt like that. It was always 3 specific missions, and then you got the target.

In AC2 & Brotherhood I thought there was enough variety in the main story arch and the different types of side quests that I didn't feel repetitive at all.