Community Focus

Old 07-18-2014, 06:55 PM #1
joker12187
Axis

joker12187 plays in the PSP
joker12187 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
joker12187 plays in the APPA D4 division
Trying to start a New Club/Team at UT Chattanooga - Need some help/info

Well my buddy and I are incoming freshmen to University of Tennessee-Chattanooga, and we are very interested in starting up a NCPA squad. We already know of 1 or 2 guys who would be up for playing, but I have some questions for you more experience NCPA people:

1.) Going in as a new school from what I'm reading, we would be going and playing as Class AA right?

2.) From what I'm understanding, Class AA is a Race to 2, so we only need 5 people to play

3.)What is the normal entry fee for Class AA for each event?

4.)Our school colors are like Gold and Dark Blue, and yellow is a banned color, sooo yea....:

5.)Are events event paint only, or NCPA sponsor paint only, or are we allowed to bring any paint? (i.e. G.I. 4/5 Star)

6.) (Question for the players) How do you store your gear?) Did y'all have to get special permission to be allowed to have your markers and air tanks on campus, do y'all leave them at your field if you practice off campus, leave them at a buddy's house who lives off campus? what? Cause besides funding, that's the only issue I could see us having.

That's all I can think of right now, sorry for all the questions, but I would like to get all these answered now, so I can take it to the rec sports people and have answers for them.

2013 Axis Red - MiLP D5 Race to 2 - 3rd Overall in Series
2013 Downfall - World Cup D5 Race to 2 - 7th Place
2014 Axis - MiLP D4 Race to 4 - 3rd Overall in Series

WTT Deadlywind 12in Carbon Fibur w/ full freak kit for a .688 Dye CF Boomy Back - PM if interested!

middletennesseepaintball.com

Last edited by joker12187 : 07-18-2014 at 06:57 PM.
joker12187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2014, 11:32 AM #2
SARGE37
Cadet in Charge

SARGE37 plays in the PSP
SARGE37 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
SARGE37 is an NCPA player
SARGE37 plays in the APPA D5 division
Welcome to the club! Both of our schools are in the SoCon for NCAA sports at least haha. I'm sure you will be considered in our conference for paintball. So to answer some of your questions to the best of my ability.

1) Yes going in as a new school/team you would be in AA. I believe you have to show you can fund an entire AA Season before moving up.

2) You are correct it is a trace to 2 for AA so technically only 5 people are needed. However, you should check with your school to see how many people are needed to actually be a club at your school. I know here at VMI we need at least 12 on the roster.

3) I think the normal entry fee is $150 per event plus paint fees; at least that's what it's been for us.

4) As for as your school colors go I think you should be fine. Long Beach State has practically all yellow jerseys and they can still wear them in the NCPA just not in PSP.

5) As far as I know events are event paint only besides nationals where you can bring NCPA sponsor paint. When you sign up for an event it will say if it's event paint only.

6) As far as equipment we here at VMI either leave it in our rooms or in our club storage area that our school have to us. For us since it's a military school I as the club president have to talk to certain upper classmen to let them know it's ok for the freshman to have their hear in the room.

If you have any further questions feel free to pm.

VMI Paintball
SARGE37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:45 PM #3
mo'villestampede5

mo'villestampede5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I agree with everything sarge37 said. The only difference it's at my school if paintball markers are found on campus we're looking at jail time so I'd check before bringing anything. Goodluck!
mo'villestampede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:56 PM #4
joker12187
Axis

that's like the only thing i could see holding us back the most, cause if we can find a place to practice down there, great (the field less then 10 minutes off campus sold all their airball and is now mainly airsoft ), and if we find a place close, we would obv need to keep our gear down there w us

WTT Deadlywind 12in Carbon Fibur w/ full freak kit for a .688 Dye CF Boomy Back - PM if interested!

Old 07-20-2014, 12:43 AM #5
SARGE37
Cadet in Charge

SARGE37 plays in the PSP
SARGE37 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
SARGE37 is an NCPA player
SARGE37 plays in the APPA D5 division
See where Tennessee practices or if middle Tennessee still has a team see where they practice.

VMI Paintball
SARGE37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:54 PM #6
joker12187
Axis

UTK practices out of smokey mountain paintball on the weekends, and practice on campus during the week, indoors w reballs

Old 07-21-2014, 11:22 PM #7
XshockadoctaX
Rocky Top.

Annual Supporting Member
XshockadoctaX plays in the PSP
XshockadoctaX is an NCPA player
Joker, you can contact me. I'm in Australia for a study abroad but I'll be back in about a week so I can help you out then.
Kee
Club President
XshockadoctaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:36 PM #8
MConti
Marston

MConti owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
MConti supports DLX Technology
Joker that is great to hear that you are starting a club for your school. The more schools we have in the game the better. As far as storing your guns, it is probbably "illegal" to have them on your campus, but talk to your club sports director and see if you can find a work around. Ours basically said just to not flaunt them around, so as long as all of your players arn't running around the whole dorm practicing snap shots you should be fine.

Also a big tip, make sure to talk to your school about funding. Most schools want to diversify their sports and like being able to say they support their club teams. So find who ever runs the funding and talk to them, since their help can end up reallyyyy helping you guys

Clemson University Club Team