PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:59 PM #85
saunders182

saunders182 supports Team VICIOUS
Considering forking over the 250 to buy a nightkast pump from paintball gateway.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4297945
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2011, 11:51 PM #86
ravinaznracer
TK TRAN

Annual Supporting Member
ravinaznracer is playing at Living Legends VI
ravinaznracer supports Team VICIOUS
ravinaznracer supports Sherwood Forest
ravinaznracer plays in the APPA D4 division
ravinaznracer is attending Decay of Nations VI
ravinaznracer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders182 View Post
Considering forking over the 250 to buy a nightkast pump from paintball gateway.
do you think its worth it... doesnt it come with the econo pump kit? i rather just grab some mech on here and buy a nice ccm delexe kit and throw it on there...
Old 05-07-2011, 12:19 AM #87
Mars47
The Right To Arm Bears

Annual Supporting Member
Mars47 donated to help Peyton Trent
Mars47 supports Bob Gurnsey
Mars47 supports our troops
Mars47 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Mars47 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1m0 View Post
out of all of the markers ive had its etween the g6r and the luxe. g6r is soo much lighter but the luxe shoots alot smoother imo. idk. geo2 is inthe mail though.
Get a Creed

Oh snap, brought it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillyairplane View Post
I shot over a case with my cocker alone on saturday... I was using an Apex barrel and was just mowing down people behind trees and in trenches. Shot 5 pods with it every game
Your pump?

Quote:
My hatred for Planet Eclipse came from my own experience with them.. But by all means if you want a gun that kicks so hard it'll give you a sore shoulder the next day, and that's so loud you can let everyone know where you are at all times, by all means.. pick yourself up an Ego. If you want a really nice shooting poppet that is smooth, quietish, and backed by great customer service, pick up a G6R. BUT if you want an insanely quiet, smooth, no kick at all, killing machine, pick yourself up a Luxe
You wanna talk about kick? Have you shot a ****ing bladed cocker?

Two words Colby.

Herp derp.

Quote:
Colby if your shoulder hurts after a day of playing with a ego maybe you should re-evaluate who's on their menstrual cycle.... But yea I liked my etek 3 and robbies ego 10. Both shot great. I just can't afford a 1200 gun right now. Wanted to give bob long a chance and so far it's been very nice. Really want to get a CCM series 5 though... Saving up for one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinaznracer View Post
but here is my 2 cents... everyone have known that I have been a PE fan since the beginning and my team back in St. Louis we always shot PE guns... started with the 07, then 08, then the sl94... thats when i moved to WA. THe PE guns always shot great and never had the issues at all and very reliable. I would agree that the older egos were loud and had kick and always made a cracking sound. I never noticed this because ive always shot them and nothign else. Then i have also been around the DM's when my team shot egos... always had a dm as a back up and those things are smooth as butter. But as most have known i asked around on here a lot about what gun i should have gotten and I ended up getting a luxe and guess what, it is hands down my most favorite gun out of all that I have shot. THe luxe is quiet, smooth, and feels natural to run and gun with it. I am always a PE fan and will be forever but once you shoot a luxe you will feel the difference and you will understand colby's reasoning. But to be honest i would love to have an ego as a back up though since they will never fail. But for now my luxe stands on top and thats my story...

and here is an example of how they sound while you play and you can say there is minimum amount of kick to where you cant even tell there is any... oh yea turn it up to 720p also please lol... oh yea so i didnt want to be a dick and over shoot so you will always here me stopping or one balling throughout the video... just cus i dont want to be that guy
It looks like you fell down at 00.06.

I went from e2 cocker to pm5 to ego5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntcheck101 View Post
Damn invest in some grass!! Hard to get good practice in on that surface
Meh. Or kneepads.

Quote:
The kick thing was dramatic.. and it was to prove a point... whysoserious?

So anyways..
As far as back-ups go, I once thought having an Ego would be a good investment.. Even the most careless user can have an Ego and it works just fine... But ever since the release of the G6R, I figure, if i'm going to spend that much on an Ego, might as well get a G6R... I've been a Timmy fan since me and my brother bought a classic Timmy the same month they came out. I have 3 Timmies and 1 Victory.. and I never have complains about Bob Long guns. The thing I like about Luxe as opposed to an Ego, is they don't have to come out with a new one every year.. as you stated the "newer ones" aren't loud... They made one Luxe, three or so years ago, and it hasn't needed to change since. When they did end up releasing a new one, what changed? what needed to be changed? some screws in the eye covers.. big woop. Honestly I don't see a difference in any Planet Eclipse poppet guns... the Eteks.. Egos... Sl94s... and so on and so fourth.. if someone could explain it to me, I would much appreciate it though
Weight. Small features...IMHO the Ego7 is the best gun on the market currently. When you compare the weight/performance to cost ratio...its pretty ****ing cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedeepdorito View Post
its actually a nice feild didn't know paintball was suposed to feel like puppys and kittys lol its not turf but wait psps will look like that after a while because its wear if its grass it will die eventually and turf ain't cheap
I like playing on puppies and kitties

Quote:
PSP has one bad side, which for now is the dorito side.. the grass that's there has been holding on like a champ. There is plans in the works to swap the airball field and the urban field, and reseed the what is now, the urban field. Which I guess is happening sometime this summer... which would be epic.

And the urban field is also level.. which is a +
That'd be cool. I dont have a problem with psp's field...except you can't park next to the field anymore...but I understand why, im just butthurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinaznracer View Post
hhaha im a broke baller cant afford a g6r as a backup... i gotta go with a 250 dollar ego7 lol since they are once of my fav egos to shoot anyways... but i have shot tylers g6r and would love to have one as a back up but no money... lol.. to be honest to answer your question colby there isnt much difference... the etek seem to just be the ego but with designs 2 years ago from an ego if you know what i mean... liek when the etek2 came out, the ego8 was already out and the eteck2 looked similar to a ego6 with different milling and the sl is just a upped version of an ego with some better internals supposeity... i dont feel a difference but thats what ive learned from the midwest... but there isnt much difference they all shoot about the same anyways... but thats why i got a luxe when you told me about the "they dont come out with a new one every year and the only reason a new one came out after 3 years are just improvements from the first one that needed to be done like the eye screws" thats pretty much it and sold me on an luxe
Theres not much of a difference besides weight, milling, slight changes to internals.

Quote:
This is a valid point. The ego 11 next year will be 800. My G6r next year will still hold it's resale value (Even though I'm not planning on selling it.) I also like the fact bob long guns are made in the USA. It's all personal preference. I like my G6R. Does it shoot as well as a ego 11? In my opinion yes dependant on how the markers are set up. To some people the ego might have the edge in smoothness. Is it worth a extra 400? No. Not in my head at least.

Ps I always liked the luxe. Mine was just a lemon and now I want my cocker playing days back. I would like to get one in the future though.
I like the geo > marq. (even though I loved having the unique gun)
Ego > timmy.
DM > Smart parts
I dont even really class those "one hit wonder" companies...(macdev, DLX, Vanguard, Hostile, AKA, DP, Empire...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedeepdorito View Post
thats right they are gonna stwitch its just the grass there is so tuff. op never had grass it would just wash away if they tried will all the rain.
Maybe OP should try some "tuff grass" lulz.

(not a shot on OP, but a shot on the poster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeninwit1shot View Post
How many of you have actually been around since the 2k2 timmies? or since the first Ego.... Planet Eclipse, has been a phenomenal company, In its customer service, its Gun quality, and there stretch to achieve there goals... They aimed to get the Fastest gun out... they reached it... now they are dropping speed for smooth and quiet... personally I have seen PE, be great guns... compared to the Luxe, they are of lower amazingness..

personally Bob Long guns are great, but Bob is innovative and new!!! hes been around for ever but, he is creating new ideas, and new things to reach new levels... Do i think his guns are excellent... yes! but... g6rs, were backordered... and things just take longer for him to get things out... still some of the best shooting guns out...

Luxe, well think about it...

Personally I think in terms of greatness

Luxe
Geo2
G6r
Ego10
Revenge V2 cocker
AKA valhallen viking
IM3
Shocker
I am Spartacus. I mean, I have. I had to make a choice...bladed cocker or 2k2 timmy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1m0 View Post
i had a wgp 2000 cocker? lol back when i was in school before i quit. 2k2 were the tits. im thinking of picking up a 2k5 if i can find a good condition one.
I have a friend who has a 2k5 cocker hes trying to build...I bet if you're serious...he'd finish it and sell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntbllhero View Post
You don't have to wear a pt belt, just reflective material....my jacket has reflective piping on it, and i kept an arm band reflector in my back seat.
that was so two days ago.

Quote:
Woah there. Nightkast = drilled. outkast = undrilled.

I happen to have an Outkast pump I recently acquired....that has a price on it...you should text me for that price.

And for you, my friend, good deal.

And this is what happens when I take a nap for 6 hours...
Old 05-07-2011, 12:28 AM #88
Chillyairplane

Chillyairplane supports DLX Technology
God I love Trevor always coming back with the 500 quotes.. i'm not going to do that, so if you said anything to me in the past 8 hours, i'll respond here.

I'm not sure when\how the swapping of the fields is going to go down, apparently they'll be planting seed during summer when it stops raining every day, and swapping the airball and urban fields, so that the airball field is wider, and flat, instead of small, and un-level.

Yes, Mooch, I was around for 2k2 Timmies, and long before that. When Planet Eclipse dropped with the Ego 5 I still would have preferred to use a Timmy.. I remember back when it was ONLY Angel vs Timmy, and BEFORE that, Automag VS Cocker. Eclipse started out making E-grip frames for cockers, and they were terrible. Cockers didn't have eyes so they were blenders. Shortly after.. eyes were introduced into cockers and later changed that all.. and then somehow it developed into the Ego.

I simply just love Bob Long guns, always have. the Luxe has managed to top my love even more.

Trevor, not with my pump, with my actual Evolution mech cocker.. you remember i... oh wait.. you were drunk that morning.

Sorry i'm not cool enough to quote everybody, don't feel like it.

By the way, the best gun of all time, and will always be the best... the 2k2 Species Alien Intimidator. /discussion.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:31 AM #89
Pr1m0
Givin' um the Switch

Annual Supporting Member
Pr1m0 plays in the PSP
Pr1m0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Pr1m0 supports DLX Technology
colby 2k2 timmy vs angel vs imp vs evil omen? old school is old school

Has Anyone Seen My Nods?
Probably the only Active SF guy still competing in Paintball -__-
Old 05-07-2011, 12:34 AM #90
Mars47
The Right To Arm Bears

Annual Supporting Member
Mars47 is Boss
Quote:
God I love Trevor always coming back with the 500 quotes.. i'm not going to do that, so if you said anything to me in the past 8 hours, i'll respond here.

I'm not sure when\how the swapping of the fields is going to go down, apparently they'll be planting seed during summer when it stops raining every day, and swapping the airball and urban fields, so that the airball field is wider, and flat, instead of small, and un-level.

Yes, Mooch, I was around for 2k2 Timmies, and long before that. When Planet Eclipse dropped with the Ego 5 I still would have preferred to use a Timmy.. I remember back when it was ONLY Angel vs Timmy, and BEFORE that, Automag VS Cocker. Eclipse started out making E-grip frames for cockers, and they were terrible. Cockers didn't have eyes so they were blenders. Shortly after.. eyes were introduced into cockers and later changed that all.. and then somehow it developed into the Ego.

I simply just love Bob Long guns, always have. the Luxe has managed to top my love even more.

Trevor, not with my pump, with my actual Evolution mech cocker.. you remember i... oh wait.. you were drunk that morning.

Sorry i'm not cool enough to quote everybody, don't feel like it.

By the way, the best gun of all time, and will always be the best... the 2k2 Species Alien Intimidator. /discussion.
I wasn't around for the Mags.
Oh yeah, didn't i time it?
I will forever be a cocker rocker. next time I play (no comments colby) its gonna be the cocker thats getting used.

Ya'll prolly are gonna find it sad that my Geo actually is my cockers backup.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:39 AM #91
Chillyairplane

I'm pretty sure the Omen never made it's way up to the tournament level.. I do remember a few teams rocking Impulses before shockers came out. but as soon as Shockers dropped... everyone wanted one. Still for the longest time it always seemed to be Timmy vs Angel. And to see Bob long still be on top for so many years is great I mean, they were the original, poppet, electro-pneumatic, vision-equipped paintball guns. I still have my classic Timmy. Had it since it was just "The Intimidator".

Trevor I WOULD Have rocked a cocker pump if you would have let me borrow one you fool I was rocking an Apex barrel on my cocker all day saturday and it was nuttttttts.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:45 AM #92
Mars47
The Right To Arm Bears

Annual Supporting Member
Mars47 is Boss
If I'm not mistaken...didn't Bob long come up with the original cocker design?

I would've you shouldve asked sooner.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:54 AM #93
Chillyairplane

Yea there was a Bob Long autococker too, if i'm not mistaken it was released somewhere around 97-98? I saw someone selling one on here one day, and almost bought it... but he knew what he had and wanted way too much for it.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:55 AM #94
Mars47
The Right To Arm Bears

Annual Supporting Member
Mars47 is Boss
I know there was a BL cocker...but I was thinking Bob Long and Budd Orr teamed up to create the cocker or something...idk, I'll have to look it up

like the ACTUAL design of the cocker. (absolutely genius IMO)

Edit: I was getting Bob Long mixed up with Glenn Palmer.

according to Wikipedia (whos always right despite what teachers/professors say): In late 1986, Bud Orr created the original Sniper pump marker by carving the works of a standard Sheridan PGP into an aluminum block that would accept a longer barrel. The Sniper was operated in a manner similar to pump-action shotguns in that it had to be manually recocked after each shot to load the next round. In 1987, Orr founded Worr Game Products to sell the products he was developing, and by 1988 he was running the business full-time. In order to stay competitive with the rising popularity of semiautomatic markers in the late 1980s, Orr added a pneumatic system onto the Sniper. The pneumatics automatically re-cocked the marker after each shot, and in 1989 the Autococker was born.[2] There is a lot of controversy as to whether the design was stolen from Glenn Palmer (who has repeatedly and publicly made and defended this claim and has given a detailed accounting of the circumstances) or was actually Bud's innovation.

To read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autococker

Last edited by Mars47 : 05-07-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:03 AM #95
Chillyairplane

There was a BL cocker... it was right fed, and had some purple ish anno looking to it... I'm going to try and find that thread. He made it around the same time he was playing for the original Ironmen if i'm not mistaken.

Edit: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ob+long+cocker

bam

Last edited by Chillyairplane : 05-07-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:09 AM #96
Mars47
The Right To Arm Bears

Annual Supporting Member
Mars47 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars47 View Post
I know there was a BL cocker...but I was thinking Bob Long and Budd Orr teamed up to create the cocker or something...idk, I'll have to look it up

like the ACTUAL design of the cocker. (absolutely genius IMO)

Edit: I was getting Bob Long mixed up with Glenn Palmer.

according to Wikipedia (whos always right despite what teachers/professors say): In late 1986, Bud Orr created the original Sniper pump marker by carving the works of a standard Sheridan PGP into an aluminum block that would accept a longer barrel. The Sniper was operated in a manner similar to pump-action shotguns in that it had to be manually recocked after each shot to load the next round. In 1987, Orr founded Worr Game Products to sell the products he was developing, and by 1988 he was running the business full-time. In order to stay competitive with the rising popularity of semiautomatic markers in the late 1980s, Orr added a pneumatic system onto the Sniper. The pneumatics automatically re-cocked the marker after each shot, and in 1989 the Autococker was born.[2] There is a lot of controversy as to whether the design was stolen from Glenn Palmer (who has repeatedly and publicly made and defended this claim and has given a detailed accounting of the circumstances) or was actually Bud's innovation.

To read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autococker
Quote:
There was a BL cocker... it was right fed, and had some purple ish anno looking to it... I'm going to try and find that thread. He made it around the same time he was playing for the original Ironmen if i'm not mistaken.

Edit: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ob+long+cocker

bam
uhhh...read?

Derp.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:12 AM #97
Mars47
The Right To Arm Bears

Annual Supporting Member
Mars47 is Boss
What I tried to say...I got Bob Long and Glenn Palmer switched up in my mind. I thought it was Bob Long who Budd Orr "stole" the design from. I wasn't trying to say there wasn't a Bob Long cocker.

I dont know how to make it any clearer.

bam
Old 05-07-2011, 01:16 AM #98
Chillyairplane

Read it wrong.. I thought you said Bob long stole the Palmer dude or something ... some people get tired and insert words where they don't go, fool!

WGP did make great cockers back in the day though.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:22 AM #99
Mars47
The Right To Arm Bears

Annual Supporting Member
Mars47 is Boss
Agreed.

I'd like to pick up an old Karni.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:27 AM #100
kneedeepdorito
Im Running To The Money

kneedeepdorito owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
this thread is so active omg lol he posted like 14087507 quotes lmfao....
Old 05-07-2011, 01:28 AM #101
Mars47
The Right To Arm Bears

Annual Supporting Member
Mars47 is Boss
Old 05-07-2011, 01:32 AM #102
Chillyairplane

If Trevor didn't post here I wouldn't either.. he brings life to this poor thread.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:36 AM #103
Mars47
The Right To Arm Bears

Annual Supporting Member
Mars47 is Boss
Awww
Old 05-07-2011, 01:48 AM #104
joshlikespaintball