Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-27-2010, 11:11 AM #1
Alamo PB

Sponsor ideas?

I'm looking for ideas about sponsors so what kinds of companies (more specificly local buisnesses) sponsor your team? I know the details of most sponsor deals are confidential so I'm not looking for specific dollar amounts or stuff like that. But what kinds of local buisnesses (obviously not paintball related) do you work with that helps your team either finantialy or in some other way? I run a field and a team, our team is supported by the field by giving discounts to players if they perform a monthly minimum work time for the field, this can be reffing, working on the playing fields, or even pumping bunkers before practice. We also have a local restaurant sponsor for cash. Our other sponsors (txgraphics.com and Furious barrels) offer the team discounts on their products. I'm not looking for totaly free stuff, but just some ideas of who might be willing to work with paintball teams.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:14 AM #2
killathrilla

I would say your best bet with local sponsers would be a local buisness that someone on your team knows the owner.
killathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:55 PM #3
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Scenarios are a good place to look for paintball related companies. At a lot of scenarios (at all of mine here in SE Texas actually) companies send reps to kind of be a public face of the company. At my field the owner of Save Phace comes out regularly to sell stuff and shoot the **** with the people there and thats how we picked them up as a sponsor.

Dont be afraid to go up and talk to people AND remember to be persistent. Most people will view that as motivation and it will make them more likely to help you out. If they say no to sponsorships ask them if they would be willing to give you some hats, t-shirts, keychains, posters, bumper stickers, etc to hand out at the next big game with some kind of promo on them so they will be able to see just how much business you will be able to bring them. Then maybe in a few months when a bunch of people have come in using your code they will be a little more likely to help you out because they know it is mutually beneficial.

Last edited by smokeage : 02-27-2010 at 01:01 PM.
smokeage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:15 PM #4
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Non-paintball sponsorships for lower division teams usually come from personal connections. In other words, someone on the team knows or is related to the business owner. You'll be hard pressed to find a local business willing to give you money in this economy if you do not have an existing connection with them.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:02 PM #5
igotblueballs93

You have to let the companies know how the sponsership will benefit them. If you can convince them that you will expose their name to enough people in their target market to make it worthwhile for them, then they will consider sponsering you.
igotblueballs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:07 AM #6
Maximum
Xfactor paintball park

Maximum owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Maximum supports Pev's Paintball
Maximum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Maximum has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Maguinpb is sponsoring teams in need to promote their new site.
If you are interested contact maguinpb@yahoo.com
Maximum is offline   Reply With Quote