PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-25-2011, 12:46 PM #1
ViciousSeries
www.ViciousSeries.com

ViciousSeries supports Team VICIOUS
2011 VICIOUS Series RaceTo Event #2 Iowa Open Premier Schedule & Info!!!

http://paintball-players.org/scores/...ule_255_0.html

The matches will remain RaceTo-5, but will now have a 10 minute game time. Teams will still be allowed 1 time out per match, which will be 30 seconds long.

A schedule for the Premier Division of the 2011 VICIOUS RaceTo Series can be found at the link above. We will be making some changes to this division for the remainder of the Series. Below is an explanation of how matches will work for the rest of the series.

There are 4 teams per group. The teams are (for example) 1, 2, 3, 4.

There are 2 pit areas, just like there are now. In one pit will be Team 1 and Team 3. In the other pit area will be Team 2 and Team 4.

It is very important that you limit what you bring into the pit area itself. Teams will still have a tent to stage out of like they did at the first event, so please leave all gear bags, chairs, etc in this staging area. Teams will need to make sure and fill all of their pods for a match in their staging area BEFORE they go into the pit area.

The first match-up for the group is between Team 1 and Team 2. These two teams take the field on their pit side. Teams will alternate sides every 3 points scored.

When the match begins, let us suppose that Team 1 wins the first point. After the start box referee signals that the flag hang is good, Teams 3 and 4 have 30 seconds to take the field at their respective start boxes. Once this 30 seconds is up, their first point will begin. Lets say that in this set, Team 4 wins. As soon as the start box referee signals that the flag hang in clean, Teams 1 and 2 have 30 seconds to get on the field in the correct start stations before their next point starts.

Play continues in this back and forth manner until one team reaches the 5 points, or game time expires.

Once a team's match is over, they have 2 minutes to leave the pit area and clear out their equipment from it. This is the reason it is very important that you only bring what is absolutely necessary into the pit with you, as well as making sure all of your pods are loaded BEFORE you get into the pit.

VICIOUS just returned from playing the Millennium Bitburg event in Germany where this format is how all of their events are run. All of the players that attended agree that it is a fantastic format for both the players and the fans. The format ran with no hitches and the players adjusted to it without any problems, and had no trouble getting their equipment out of the pit area in the time allotted.

ViciousSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2011, 04:00 PM #2
imberiman

?

So hows this all going to work for the switching back and fourth of the two teams in each pits scoreboard/timeclock. With this new format. Beings that there is only 30 seconds to get onto the field.

Also, beings there is only 30 seconds for a pod boy to grab pods, what if the other teams pod boys arent off the field within the 30 seconds. Do those teams get penalties or whats going on there.

Also what if teams 1/3 are playing and they run there match out of time within the first 3 or so points. Do teams 2/4 then still only have 30 seconds in between points or does it default back to the old 2 minutes?

These might of been answered somewhere else but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
Adam

I build Dm4/5/c flow plugs. In stock ready to ship.

I do custom machining and large runs. If you are looking to have a product machined/manufactured contact me.

AIMLESS FACTORY INSIDE.
imberiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:16 PM #3
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by imberiman View Post
So hows this all going to work for the switching back and fourth of the two teams in each pits scoreboard/timeclock. With this new format. Beings that there is only 30 seconds to get onto the field.

Also, beings there is only 30 seconds for a pod boy to grab pods, what if the other teams pod boys arent off the field within the 30 seconds. Do those teams get penalties or whats going on there.

Also what if teams 1/3 are playing and they run there match out of time within the first 3 or so points. Do teams 2/4 then still only have 30 seconds in between points or does it default back to the old 2 minutes?

These might of been answered somewhere else but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
Adam
Its very simple they have been doing this in Europe for over a year.
It the pod person is making a valid attempt to get off the field with out being a distraction there should be no penalty.
90 seconds

It is all very simple. We would not just make this up on the fly we went we watched we played and it was very cool. They have over a year of running this format and it works very well.

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote