PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-01-2011, 08:37 AM #1
b_larman
Armed Force ROK #11

b_larman supports Pev's Paintball
best area to live around ft riley

i will be pcs'ing to ft riley with my wife in a few months . we are coming from korea and curious if anyone could tell us the best areas to move to . any help would be appreciated
b_larman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2011, 09:14 PM #2
snoller
lurking in the background

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
snoller is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
snoller is Legendary
Manhattan is full of young college kids (K-State central) so rent is going to be higher than most other areas. Granted, there are some great apartment complexes and some brand new trailer parks (actually really nice ones) but they are all 20-30 min away from post. On the other side of Riley is Junction City, some nice places, but mostly the entire town is a **** hole. On post housing is nice, depending on your rank. Forsyth is a brand new neighborhood with gorgeous houses if your are E-5 or above. Other than that, most of the other neighborhoods are old and a bit crummy. I live in Colyer Manor, known as the "ghetto" of Riley, but in all honesty, I dont mind my house at all. Its a single story duplex that was once a triplex. Ill post some pics of where Im staying just so you can get a glimpse of what they consider "ghetto". Its a 3 bedroom, 2 full bath with fenced in back yard.

Hope this helps. If you have anymore questions about Riley or BRO, shoot me a PM.

p8ntball@ddict: If I had T-Mobile, you would be in my MyFaves
MR.JABM:Hi everyone, i'm snoller. I have an avatar changing addiction
Auctionjunkie!: If nothing else Scott you are passionate on your thoughts and topics. Kudos to you.
jdev: snoller, do you have the ability to make food that is not epic? or is everything you make just pretty epic?
TheMike: How do you take off a bra one handed? Theres too many styles of clasps, and I dont want to look like a fool in front of the woman..
snoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:40 AM #3
b_larman
Armed Force ROK #11

b_larman supports Pev's Paintball
thanks for the info. for what they call ghetto doesnt look too bad outside and the inside is really nice looking . whats the cost of living like around that area ?
b_larman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 AM #4
snoller
lurking in the background

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
snoller is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
snoller is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_larman View Post
thanks for the info. for what they call ghetto doesnt look too bad outside and the inside is really nice looking . whats the cost of living like around that area ?
Like I said before, Manhattan is outrageous because of the college kids with student loans. JC isnt too bad, but everything there is pretty ****ty.

p8ntball@ddict: If I had T-Mobile, you would be in my MyFaves
MR.JABM:Hi everyone, i'm snoller. I have an avatar changing addiction
Auctionjunkie!: If nothing else Scott you are passionate on your thoughts and topics. Kudos to you.
jdev: snoller, do you have the ability to make food that is not epic? or is everything you make just pretty epic?
TheMike: How do you take off a bra one handed? Theres too many styles of clasps, and I dont want to look like a fool in front of the woman..
snoller is offline   Reply With Quote