PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-29-2011, 07:25 AM #1
Reef 223

Reef 223 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Reef 223 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Gearbags

I'm currently about to get into the tournament scene. The only thing I don't have though is a gearbag. Right now to carry most of my stuff I use a proto saber backpack which can hold everything in it but my pack and clothes. Which makes it a pain having to walk back and forth to my car 2-3 times when getting to the field or leaving.

I know a gearbag would be good since I would be able to conveniently keep all my gear in one spot. Yet, the things I question are they really worth it due to the price? Cause $165 is a lot of money on a bag. Then also I just carry the bare essentials, so I wouldn't need a real big one, but all these ones today are huge, you could fit people in them. Then also it seems like whenever someone sees a gearbag it's like an open invitation to say "hey come and steal my stuff".

So really are gearbags worth it?

Would I just be better off getting a larger backpack?

What would Be best in my situation?
Reef 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 PM #2
notsumkid

notsumkid plays in the PSP
notsumkid plays in the APPA D4 division
Either find a cheap medium size bag like the dye explorer or get kewp your backpack nd gwt a small bag for clothes. I sold my big gearbag nd got a back pack that holds everything then i throw my clothes in a small empire duffel bag so i carry two things but its managable
3rd place CFPS Series 2011
NT Owners United
notsumkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:20 AM #3
manwee
Explosive Kittens

manwee supports Team VICIOUS
i fit all of me but my arms and sholders into my gearbag If your getting into the tourney scene youll want to get a gear bag because youll eventually have lots and lots of stuff. Also if your paranoid about getting ur stuff stolen put and lock on it. I know the proto bags all have slots in the zips for locks, but I wouldnt know about having stuff stolen.

"Are they my balls all over your face?"
Karma Police 12 - "OMG IT has the worlds first ever SLPR (super-low pressure lpr) cause its gonna run at negative psi. worlds first ever anti-matter marker."
SquareDorito,"I shoot and it's going right at them, then the wind comes in and is like LOL JK!!"
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
lucasicool is my best friend. I call him Rocky
manwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 AM #4
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
PE has that more compact gearbag. But I'd still recommend getting a Lowland sized bag. As people said you'll eventually probably end up with some extra stuff to take to the field.

Typically I carry a large bag such as the PE bag (only I have a redz bag) and then I use a draw string Crossfire "pod" bag for my clothes.

PE has a decent backpack you can carry about 1 setup with, minus clothes. Virtue has a new bag out thats pretty nice but its smaller then the PE bag.. Though it has a solar panel and all the plugs so you can charge any marker or ipod with it.

As far as having things stolen... Like Manwee said, most zippers usually have slots for locks, which can be purchased for 5-10$ on amazon. Those can lock each compartment individually. Bags like the PE bags have actual slots built into them so you can put bike style locks through the bag itself and then lock it to an object such as a table. Theres a thread in the "Other equipment" forum about "how to prevent your stuff from being stolen for under 20$" or something like that. Check it out.

Btw. The paintball specific backpacks are pretty expensive. Usually $120+. So those may not be the best option. You could probably find a military styled backpack thats much bigger for cheaper. I know Camelbak makes a couple of backpacks that are huge.

Also note that there are less expensive options for getting gearbags. I've seen several good condition recent model PE bags go for 60-100$ on PBN. You can also look at something like the "bodybag" (look under the other equipment forum for more specifics on bags. Lot of people have asked for recommendations). The bodybag is a significantly less expensive paintball gearbag than other options.

Looking for some Gats?

Last edited by Japy : 05-19-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:35 PM #5
Dtaylor1166

Gear Bags

I am looking for a gear bag new or used anyone have any for sale or know where i can get one for cheap?
Thanks
Dave
Dtaylor1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:56 PM #6
C-Swag

I just use a regular nike sports bag to hold all my gear, it's freakishly big.
C-Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:36 PM #7
Bake1tEazy
That's How We Do

Bake1tEazy is playing at Living Legends VI
Bake1tEazy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Bake1tEazy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bake1tEazy supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Swag View Post
I just use a regular nike sports bag to hold all my gear, it's freakishly big.
As do I. I am not a fan of spending a ton of money on a gear bag so I went to Sports Authority and bought the largest bag I could find. I definitely didn't spend $120+ and it holds almost all of my gear
Old 05-24-2011, 04:45 PM #8
dontflamemeplox

dontflamemeplox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i use a cheap and huge jeep suitcase that was 40 bucks at sams

swaffle-what do you not understand? it is the hitting of a man in the face with your p***s
dontflamemeplox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:01 PM #9
The_Fresh
Trollin' the trolls.

Annual Supporting Member
The_Fresh plays in the PSP
The_Fresh plays in the APPA D4 division
The_Fresh has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The_Fresh supports DLX Technology
The_Fresh supports Empire
this forum has insane amount of gear bags cheap. check the for sale section
Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 PM #10
Goulatino

In my opinion buy a new sports bag they are just as good and a lot cheaper than the name brand paintball bags. Also I see all these kids now going to the hockey arena with wheels on their bags. What is this? When I was a kid I had to carry my own bag. Now I see it a lot in paintball and I understand because the gear is heavier.. but that's another argument. I guess I am just a hater of the bags with wheels... seems like we are getting lazy
Goulatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:50 AM #11
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
check out the new proto gear bag. Excellent value. I like it more than my last NXE bag which was awesome.