Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Are you pleased with the cost of replacement parts for your Mini/Axe?
Yes, prices are good 15 57.69%
Sometimes depending on the part/s 9 34.62%
No, prices are bad 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 PM #1
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

dynamomark owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dynamomark supports our troops
Is Invert/Empire too money hungry?

anyone notice how invert/empire came out with a new lower transfer tube?
I guess the stock unit has proved to be just to fragile and not up to standards. So now they have a stainless steel one that you can buy. What a load of crap, this should be a free replacement part to owners with the old weak/faulty unit. They make a pos tube the cant stand up to the abuse of normal play and they now expect us to buy this replacement!
omg Im getting so tired of this crap.

I hate the fact that I have a gun I like and enjoy but when it breaks due to poor design I have to fork out my hard earned money to fix it.

Problems with the Mini
new transfer tube runs $25 old design $20
imo this part should be free, maybe even charge people for shipping but at least make it available.

Reg/ASA
reg/asa cost $50 for whole unit or the Relay costs $80
not serviceable at all, removal of gauge sometimes strips threads out of the asa making it unusable. here is a thought dont use red loctite on the gauge and/or make just the reg/asa body available for a reasonable cost to owners, NOT $50. WTF we (owners) spent $300ish on the gun please make the cost of fixing it reasonable not 1/6th of the total cost. really the reg/asa cost 1/6th of the cost of the gun. CRAZY

Is it to much to ask for ALL paintball manufacturers to stand by their products as we enthusiast and player do. We buy, use, and promote these product more the the manufactures do and it seems to me that all we get in return for our loyalty and money is a big giant shaft up our rear end from big business.

please everyone that sees this that happen to own a Mini/Axe do as i will and contact Invert/Empire and voice your distaste.

][nvert Mini / Infinity Legend / ICD B2K4 w/ pds / Tippmann A5 / 2011 Mokal Aura / Spyder Advancer / GI Micro50 / Spyder Imagine / WGP Outkast Pump / WGP Prostock / DP E1 / Azodin Kaos
dynamomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 PM #2
Edonis13

I think you're over reacting a bit.
Edonis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:56 PM #3
Bloodymurder

Annual Supporting Member
Bloodymurder supports Empire
KEE gives a LOT of stuff away for free. A lot. Most of the time they won't even ask you for a receipt or anything.

If something is really wrong with it that's not a user error, and sometimes even if it is, they do stand behind their stuff.

Albion College Lacrosse
Bloodymurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:48 AM #4
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

My main gripe with them is the use of loctite on parts that should be replaceable by the user like the air gauge. I had to buy a new reg/asa because removal of the faulty stock gauge resulted in stripped threads. So a simple $10 fix that I didnt mind covering turned into a much larger cost for me at no fault of my own. Im sure many other Mini owners have had the same problem. What about the feedneck threads, I would really love to have the Empire Nano feedneck that they offer as an upgrade but I just dont want to risk the stripping of the threads because of loctite. They didnt replace my reg/asa so i doubt the will replace my gun body if something bad happened to it.

][nvert Mini / Infinity Legend / ICD B2K4 w/ pds / Tippmann A5 / 2011 Mokal Aura / Spyder Advancer / GI Micro50 / Spyder Imagine / WGP Outkast Pump / WGP Prostock / DP E1 / Azodin Kaos
Old 04-29-2011, 04:59 AM #5
TheEnglishGuy

I agree that their over-use of red loctite is something we should complain about and I believe that from their recent experience with the Axe Feedneck, they will be/have made changes in that regard. I don't however agree that they should be giving every upgrade they design away for free, especially when I'm sure that the cost involved would likely bankrupt them.

Kee/Empire/Invert have been very good at replacing broken parts for me for free under warranty and I have no complaints about their service. While I'd likely feel frustrated/upset by having to spend money on an improved part, most of the time they've invested time and money in designing/improving/manufacturing that part and deserve to make some money for their efforts.

If you're concerned about installing the nano feedneck, you should definitely contact them up front and I'm sure they'd be willing for you to send in your frame and they would do it for you. I was one who had the red loctite issue and damaged my frame (which they kindly replaced for free), I'm sure they'd much rather help you with the installation than have to continue replacing expensive frame's.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:43 AM #6
Capt'n Crunch
Bonus Balled Toucan Sam

Yeah, they need to dump every bottle of red loctite in the factory

I agree I though I think with the axe issue they may have learned that lesson. In general however I think they are a great company. Of all the companies out there, I think you really get the most for your cash when buying a marker from Empire/Kee. They seem to try to pack them with a lot of features and stay on the cutting edge even while trying to make use of established technology.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:30 PM #7
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnglishGuy View Post
I don't however agree that they should be giving every upgrade they design away for free, especially when I'm sure that the cost involved would likely bankrupt them.

English
I agree that "upgrades" should be paid for by the owner/customer but when problems in design and part failures lead to a "redesigned" part they should replace it for free. Im not talking about boards with updates or upgrade parts like the Relay, Nano feedneck, or ball bearing triggers.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:00 PM #8
fattestfatboy
CenterMass II

fattestfatboy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
every gun offers upgrades from stock parts, and thier never going to be free. Same with cars upgrades are never free, a recall will be. So if your gun has a possibility of blowing up on the field im sure KEE would then replace the faulty parts for FREE, other wise out of pocket. Your buying a $300 gun, you cant expect it to have all the perfections of a $1000+ gun. And a reg+asa on average is $60-70+$15-$30, so thats not a overly priced item.

Back when I started out $300 got me a spyder amg with a plastic feedneck, i dont think on/offs existed yet, blowback design body and probably top bps of 10-12.

edit: get an axe, pretty much solved all the issues you just mentioned with a mini.

My Feedback
fattestfatboy is offline   Reply With Quote