Community Focus

Old 05-12-2011, 10:13 PM #1
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Walmart Rec Grade Paint

I thought Walmart carried Visible Impact, but searching online I cannot find any at all. It looks like they are carrying or going to be carrying JT branded paint now. Looks like JT Recreational; JT Elite; and JT Tactical.

I know its wally-world paint, but anyone have any luck with any of these paints?

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 PM #2
noclue119
D3 to D4 in.... never

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 supports Team VICIOUS
noclue119 plays in the APPA D3 division
noclue119 supports Empire
get your paint at your local paintball shop. It will shoot better
noclue119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 PM #3
FatalFormality
This user is not active.

I've learned to not rely on the Wal-Mart website. It shows nothing compared to what they actually sell in my local store. You just have to go the your local store and see what they carry.

As far as luck with Visible Impact, no such of it. Visible Impact is a disgrace. It's very hard and doesn't break often. I get alot of bounces with this paint. Never tried JT before so I can't say anything about it.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:38 PM #4
G7Lemoore
Central Valley

G7Lemoore owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119
This is true, but to answer your question I have gotten that paint before and it shoot just fine through my geo. At $30 a case not bad for us rec ballers!

Try it out for a day see what you think!
G7Lemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:39 PM #5
dpoolmerc313

You get what you pay for. that being said if you dont have much room for paint in your budget and you are just going out to the field with friends the visible impact will work. i have friends who use it since we just play casually most of the time and its no tourney paint but it gives them something to shoot at other players. also havent seen much in the way of it breaking in gun which is a plus i suppose.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:42 PM #6
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
I would without a doubt love to support my local shop and get some WPN or Formula 13, even RPS Stingers which I have a little less than a case and a half now.

I go to school at the University of Akron and that's my usual shop, they take care of me very well and I would take my business there anytime before Walmart. Last time I was in though they were out of almost every case of paint. I'm home from school and the best shop I have within at least an hour is Walmart so my options are limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoolmerc313 View Post
You get what you pay for. that being said if you dont have much room for paint in your budget and you are just going out to the field with friends the visible impact will work. i have friends who use it since we just play casually most of the time and its no tourney paint but it gives them something to shoot at other players. also havent seen much in the way of it breaking in gun which is a plus i suppose.
Some reason certainly has to do with the budget especially for gas just to buy paint at a shop far away. I don't really have any local fields nearby since Professor Lumpy's Paintball Academy, my local field, closed, at least as far as I know. I'll be playing outlaw mostly and everyone else will be on the same page with paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G7Lemoore View Post
This is true, but to answer your question I have gotten that paint before and it shoot just fine through my geo. At $30 a case not bad for us rec ballers!

Try it out for a day see what you think!
I will do! Thank you.

Last edited by i8somepie : 05-12-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Avoiding Double Post and Triple Post
Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 PM #7
Slow Z Rally

I am an overnight stocker at a local walmart actually and can tell you the story on that paint. It is not a regular stocked item, we get random features of it coming in on our trucks and once it sells out, who knows when we will get it in again. As a matter of fact, our local wal-marts will no longer be carrying ANY paintball gear AFAIK due to the low sell rate, and that we sit on it for ages. As to the quality of visible impact, there are many returned boxes of it due to broken paint in the bags. I haven't shot it myself, I order my paint all from ANSgear or paintball-online and have yet to have a case with broken paint. Also, the 1000 count boxes of recon paint, well, lets just say those cases in my store are well over a year old. You can still go cheap by buying online and getting quality paint. I don't support my local shop because I don't care. I never play there and I never buy anything from them and they seem to get along just fine without me.
Slow Z Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:56 PM #8
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Z Rally View Post
I am an overnight stocker at a local walmart actually and can tell you the story on that paint. It is not a regular stocked item, we get random features of it coming in on our trucks and once it sells out, who knows when we will get it in again. As a matter of fact, our local wal-marts will no longer be carrying ANY paintball gear AFAIK due to the low sell rate, and that we sit on it for ages. As to the quality of visible impact, there are many returned boxes of it due to broken paint in the bags. I haven't shot it myself, I order my paint all from ANSgear or paintball-online and have yet to have a case with broken paint. Also, the 1000 count boxes of recon paint, well, lets just say those cases in my store are well over a year old. You can still go cheap by buying online and getting quality paint. I don't support my local shop because I don't care. I never play there and I never buy anything from them and they seem to get along just fine without me.

Aha! Truth lol. My eyes are opened. I've heard mixed reviews of paint, I just don't want to risk getting ancient busted paint.

Thank you for this. I know now to avoid Walmart. My dad works at a DC but I never knew. I'll probably just stock up online when ever I get low on stock. When I go back to school, I'll probably go to my shop though for convenience though.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:40 AM #9
res_

Its garbage paint.
res_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:50 AM #10
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by res_ View Post
Its garbage paint.
This. Not to mention most wal mart brands, (Stryker, and the infamous MonsterBalls), get banned at fields, since it's like shoooting marbles.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // PM6 // Angel Speed 05 FST
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:58 AM #11
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Being a paint snob, I shudder at having to buy Wal-Mart paint - but I've shot a few bags of Visible Impact this year and it hasn't been that bad. I've definitely shot much worse paint that I purchased at a sporting goods store - the kind of paint that flat-out ruins your day. (breaks in your hopper, gun, basically everywhere but on your opponents.)

The Vis Impact I've shot does bounce, but is actually fairly consistant and thus shoots pretty straight. And furthermore, it's not like it bounces all the time -- I've actually had some pretty good games with it.

What it comes down to is I either have to pay a rediculous price ($55/case) for slightly better paint at my local sporting goods store or buy Visible Impact. I have a couple bags of Marbs left that I use in my pump and as soon as that's used up I'm ordering all my paint from now on. You can support a local store if you want, but if they're not delivering a reasonable product for a reasonable price, then I say go online...

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:47 AM #12
Slow Z Rally

I just ordered 4 cases of RPS stinger for $160 from ansgear just last week. $40 a case is a pretty good price to me for something that is going to be better quality than what I have seen go through my store. And last I checked, the visible impact was $30 ($27 with my wally world discount), and I have no problem forking out an extra $10 for something I won't have to worry about. And when your local store is selling RPS premium for $80 a case, you can't blame a guy for going online.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:05 AM #13
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I just ordered 4 cases of RPS stinger for $160 from ansgear just last week. $40 a case is a pretty good price to me for something that is going to be better quality than what I have seen go through my store. And last I checked, the visible impact was $30 ($27 with my wally world discount), and I have no problem forking out an extra $10 for something I won't have to worry about. And when your local store is selling RPS premium for $80 a case, you can't blame a guy for going online.
I think punisherspb has stingers at 3 cases for 99.99 and free shipping on orders over 99. The batch I got was fresh and there were no busts. I don't blame you for going online. You have to look out for number 1 some times.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:28 AM #14
Slow Z Rally

Speaking of stingers, does anyone know if they are getting discontinued? When I tried to order a case from paintball-online not too long ago, they called me and told me that they had discontinued them and sent me a box of draxxus triumph (not my paint so i didnt care). Sorry to detract from the original post, but it seems like there are less and less cheap rec ball paints out there to buy anymore. Even ANS has a lot of blank pages now.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:54 AM #15
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Speaking of stingers, does anyone know if they are getting discontinued? When I tried to order a case from paintball-online not too long ago, they called me and told me that they had discontinued them and sent me a box of draxxus triumph (not my paint so i didnt care). Sorry to detract from the original post, but it seems like there are less and less cheap rec ball paints out there to buy anymore. Even ANS has a lot of blank pages now.
If it's true, this makes me sad.

If all the decent Rec grades go, I'll be using white box.

To bring it back on topic, has anyone used the JT paints I listed earlier? I know Monsoon was pretty decent.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:57 AM #16
cockerman1417
Blind kids hate you too

cockerman1417 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cockerman1417 posts videos on PbNation
cockerman1417 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cockerman1417 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Visible impact is more like cake icing fill, it will stick and a ***** to get it off.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:12 AM #17
Slow Z Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerman1417 View Post
Visible impact is more like cake icing fill, it will stick and a ***** to get it off.
All the better to prevent cheating? lol. I dunno, just never had good experiences with the wally world paint in the past. Anyone ever remember buying RPS superswirl back in the day from walmart? That takes me back to when I was only knee high to a grasshopper. Anyways, I was basically a chef and my Brass eagle blade was a whisk, and I was using it to make paint soup. Haha. Then once I upgraded to a different gun, I thought maybe the paint will shoot better, and it never did. So now I don't mind shelling out the extra cash to get more accuracy and less ball breaks therefore equating to a more efficient use of my money. Diablo heat and RPS stinger are my two fav's for just messing around.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:29 AM #18
nezimar

I bought some walmart paint last summer because I worked there and one of the regulars at the field asked all the regulars to come out to his house and play on his field. Long story short all the paint shot awesome out of my mini.... until I put it in ramp haha that was like half paint half soup, horrible clean up ><
nezimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:18 AM #19
Quacker

Quacker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The old Visible Impact was good stuff. I still see old stock every now and again, but it's so old I wouldn't touch it.

I was down on the new Visible Impact but I needed some test paint so I went to my local Wal-Mart and got a case of the rec and the tourney. 25 for the rec, 35 for the tourney. The rec stuff was surprisingly accurate. Not Ultra Evil good, but definitely playable. It does bounce a bit, but it isn't Monsterball bad. The Heat they use at the field bounces more, I believe. For 25/case, I think I'd call it a bargain. Of course, this was a very limited sample, but if it's representative, then it's not bad stuff.

The Tourney paint was brittle, no two ways about it. I could drop them from 5' and they would generally splat. Unfortunately, it wasn't very straight flying. Produced a lot more flyers from my Ego 8 than the Rec. It's not worth the extra 10.

Always open your paint before you buy. I've had Wal-Mart employees try to give me guff about it, but I'm not buying broken paintballs from anybody.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:51 PM #20
Pump_Action_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Always open your paint before you buy. I've had Wal-Mart employees try to give me guff about it, but I'm not buying broken paintballs from anybody.
Best thing you can do anywhere, even at a local paintball shop.

Our wally world used to sell Visible Impact, JT and Xball.
Of the three actually the JT and Xball were decent. Looking at the JT though it looked like garbage, miscoloured shell's and such...but it seemed to fly well, have good fill, and break on target like a good paint should.
Xball was the same, although a little harder, the occasional bounce seems to be more common.

Wally world in my town no longer sells paint so Canuck rubber now sell's Xball and Chronic. No paintball store to be had so I buy my paint online as well...
Pump_Action_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:51 PM #21
Flynch4g63

Granted my marker isn't anything special. I haven't had any issues with walmart paint. My store also keeps it stocked quite well.
Flynch4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote