Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 PM #1
Texas_pump

Dumb question but?

Why is it that pump players have a ranking system with NPPL...or APPA when they dont even have different levels of competition. They are all looped into one. So if they get a lot of points and goto semi they may still have a high ranking. Is it just me or does that not make any sense in the grand scheme of things?
Texas_pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 AM #2
zmatrix
Szymon Wolowiec

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_pump View Post
Why is it that pump players have a ranking system with NPPL...or APPA when they dont even have different levels of competition. They are all looped into one. So if they get a lot of points and goto semi they may still have a high ranking. Is it just me or does that not make any sense in the grand scheme of things?
its definatley just you.

Correcting grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."

Dynamic Sponsored (Thanks Mike)

SIN-MATE
zmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:17 AM #3
Texas_pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmatrix View Post
its definatley just you.
Yeah thanks for the help, doesnt help with the whole concept of the post though
Old 04-26-2011, 06:45 AM #4
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
The pump division is an open division. That means that even Pro players can play in that division, so there really aren't different divisions of play when it comes to pump.

It makes sense to me that a pump players that has a lot of points, is ranked high even in semi play. They would still be a good player if they are winning the pump division.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:04 PM #5
Texas_pump

yeah thats what I am saying. Why does an open division have divisional rankings? And I am no D3 semi player, even though thats what my ranking puts me at. And I know other people ranked higher than D3 who play only pump.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:05 PM #6
[Angel][SCF]
Who Dares Plays

I might be wrong, but if a player was to go from pump to semi, theyd be ranked according to the amount of years of experience they already have, so you dont have someone with years of experience strolling into D4...?? thats the only reason i can think of to rank pump players.