Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2011, 03:58 PM #1
DonnCath

Video Review: Thunder B Sound Grenades

Just a quick bit I did on these, HIGHLY effective, especially in a building or something. I have not put smoke, bbs, or paint in these, but if you watch the review you will see why I am hesitant to.

http://forum.moatipaintball.com/inde...owtopic=182480
DonnCath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2011, 08:09 PM #2
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
clicked it said specified media does not exist. Got a direct link?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 AM #3
DonnCath

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...Grena des.mp4

Here's the link. Not sure whats wrong with the link.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 AM #4
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

still wasn't jiving for some reason. I clicked the view all in the album and scrolled down til I saw it. Looks interesting. I'm gonna google them now and see how much they run. I see they're somewhat cost effective. But I was curious, how does this compare to the Madbull stun grenade? Is this louder? Does the firing mechanism hold up to substantial abuse?

Last edited by stevebski : 04-27-2011 at 10:41 AM.
stevebski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:05 PM #5
JESTERTLS

Cool little product. Our team captain got some to try out. We found you gotta have the body and everything put together correctly or you get a seal leak and it wont blow. But when they do blow, it will scare the begezzers outta you if your not ready for it.

Oh, and since he had it blow up in his hand once by accident, they wont do any real damage. His hand was numb for ten or fifteen minutes thou.

I've been planning on getting me one of the players packs. Very cool little gizmo. Deffinetly want to try them with a powder charge.

EDIT: They are pretty cost effective. Fairly cheap for the grenade and extra bodies are pretty cheap. My favorite airsoft site has these for just under $40 and that with twelve bodies. And $16 for a twelve pack of replacement bodies. So they are fairly inexpensive.

Last edited by JESTERTLS : 04-28-2011 at 09:44 AM.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:56 PM #6
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

care to shoot me a PM with the link to that site or maybe the specific url for the page on that site?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 AM #7
JESTERTLS

PM sent. Now one thing to note, when I said you had to have it put together correctly, we screwed it up five times before we got it right and then it blew up in the commanders hand. But at least the body is still good, you just waist a 12 gram. I figure after you mess with them awhile its a bit easier to get right.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:59 PM #8
DonnCath

Yes, you absolutely have to ensure the integrity of the plastic bottles, as he said. I cant tell you how glad I am to hear you say you have had first hand experience with one going off in your hand. Because, every time I post a review on MCB, this is what happens...
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...-grenades.html

Old 05-03-2011, 04:31 PM #9
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnCath View Post
Yes, you absolutely have to ensure the integrity of the plastic bottles, as he said. I cant tell you how glad I am to hear you say you have had first hand experience with one going off in your hand. Because, every time I post a review on MCB, this is what happens...
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...-grenades.html
which is why this forum is superior in every way to mcarterbrown. we pride ourselves in being unsafe heathens.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 PM #10
Ramous
Pumper

Ramous is playing at Living Legends III
You people are crazy. These have no place in paintball, especially not recball. Thats all I'm gonna say.

To the poster above saying how it went off in his hand and it was "only" numb for 10 to 15 mins... How is that safe? You have no logic. Did your parents drop you on your head at a young age? Ill go back to that other site now.

Last edited by Ramous : 05-04-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:34 AM #11
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

Old 05-04-2011, 01:20 PM #12
JESTERTLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post
You people are crazy. These have no place in paintball, especially not recball. Thats all I'm gonna say.

To the poster above saying how it went off in his hand and it was "only" numb for 10 to 15 mins... How is that safe? You have no logic. Did your parents drop you on your head at a young age? Ill go back to that other site now.

You know I find this very interesting. People have often claimed that PBnation spawned the bad attitudes and trolls yet its someone from a "reputable" forum that comes to this thread and site and then trolls and flames it up. I apperciate your insult directed toward me as well. People that run around insulting other people on the internet (or the field) is what does not belong in paintball, rec ball or other wise.

I never said it went off in my hand, it went of in my team captain's hand. Safe..? It didnt cut him, it didnt remove any parts of his body. It left no marks or bruises. I've seen far more damage to hands from people getting shot with paintballs. Is there a potential to be injuried with the Thunder B? Sure. Its about on par with anything else in paintball. Smoke grenades can cause nasty burns. An air cannon round to the head can knock someone off their feet. I've seen kids with tons of welts from small minded idiots over shooting. Most people I know have scars from close shots. Seen plenty of ancle injuries and heat exhaustion. Even once someone with heart palpitations. Havent seen any injuries from these grenades yet thou. I can only relay what I have experienced with them. There may be people that have been hurt by them. Cant tell you as the time we've messed with them, that wasnt the case. Please share some actual experiences you've witnessed if they have done harm. I'd like to know about it myself.

Why does it not have a place in paintball? I mean an educated discussion instead of insults might do better for you. It makes a great distration device. I was around four or five feet away when one blew. It did not make my ears ring or fling any shrapnel at me. Deffinetly made me jump thou.

Anyway, here's a big congratulations for really representing "that other site".

Last edited by JESTERTLS : 05-04-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 PM #13
DonnCath

Sad that he had to demonstrate that by insulting you, Jester. I saw it before on MCB, and ignored it.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 PM #14
Ramous
Pumper

I'm not saying these have no use. And I honestly didn't mean to "bash", I'm not a troll I just think that these have no place in commercial paintball. The fact that you have to make sure they are perfectly setup to operate is a huge reason. Little kids shouldn't have flashbangs especially ones that if setup improperly could have bad results, and I have heard cases of these removing fingers (if used improperly but still, little kids, oblivious renters this could happen and be a disaster to any commercial field).

I can see these being alright in an outlaw setting with experienced users capable of setting up the equipment properly and knowing how to use them safely.

But no, I'm just a troll.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:51 AM #15
JESTERTLS

When someone that doesnt normally take part of conversations in a forum comes in for the point of insulting and flamming that = trolling. And yes we should be and are use to it being that we are on the Nation.

Now I dont think any of us have an issue with someone having a decenting opinion. I dont. I'll have to disagree with your opinion on this topic however. I would like to hear more about these incidents with people fingers getting blown off by these Thunder B Grenades.

Last edited by JESTERTLS : 05-05-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:02 PM #16
Ramous
Pumper

FYI I've been on PBN as long as I have been on Mcb, I'm far from a troll.

Heres one experience that was posted by a member on MCB:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress View Post
I've had those explode next to me in CQB airsoft indoors. You get use to it. Loud bang, ur ears ring a little, no worse than guns with short barrels and louders. They're really stupid after you get devirginized by the first one. It's just annoying after a while. I'd say they're more effective than a paint grenade at making people skitter away.

However; there's been an issue with them at the airsoft field I play at nowadays where you need to be 18+ to use them and MUST have gloves on. Some people had these things go off in their hand and it pretty much shredded their hand down to the bone or destroyed their gloves. Not the safest little things. I just cover my ears when there's one next to me and I can't run.

I wouldn't put stuff in there personally. They're kinda volatile as is.
Like I said, with experienced users its all good, but when you bring kids and idiots into the mix its a bad idea.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:34 PM #17
JESTERTLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post
FYI I've been on PBN as long as I have been on Mcb, I'm far from a troll.
And when was the last time you posted in the scenario forums?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:16 AM #18
DonnCath

Thats the same user on MCB who said it happened to someone, blah blah... come on, only people who have used these.

You'll notice my last post over there states how in a thread full of people making observations and derogatory statements, not one person had first hand experience.

Last edited by DonnCath : 05-06-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:19 AM #19
DonnCath

I'll post here what I'm not willing to take the time to post on MCB;

If you haven't held these, assembled them, and read the directions, then don't bother adding your opinion. For anyone with first hand user experience: Please enlighten us.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:28 AM #20
JESTERTLS

Thats one of the things with paintball and then internet forums as well. Most is hear say. I'm guilty of it at times myself.

That incident listed, I would be interested to find out more about it. And if it was this specific grenade. They've had ones like these before but with different plastic bodies. And then these have the other body as well, the pineapple body. Different bodies should blow differently and different body material will be more apt to do harm then other material.

I need to get me a set of these to do some testing with. I didnt look that close at the expended shell but the opening where it burst had the plastic turn white where its been stretched by the pressure before rupturing. Normally plastic like that becomes soft when its stretched. So I dont see that cutting someone. I may not be correct on that, I've been wrong before. (It was on a Tuesday). But no seriously, I'll probably order me a players pack and do some testing with them. I've been meaning to order them since our captain demo'ed them at our team meeting in Febuary.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:43 AM #21
Ramous
Pumper

I was gonna stay outta of this after my last post but come on guys, grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTERTLS View Post
And when was the last time you posted in the scenario forums?
Alright, seeing as your the king of PBN, this will be my last post here if you dont act childish when I leave.

Quote:
Thats the same user on MCB who said it happened to someone, blah blah... come on, only people who have used these.

You'll notice my last post over there states how in a thread full of people making observations and derogatory statements, not one person had first hand experience.
? There is a person over on MCB saying they have had both good and bad results with them, the bad was where some kid apparently got their hand shredded to the bone. You cant just ignore feedback because its negative and you don't agree with it, thats the point of a review... When you start doing that you loose all legitimacy in any sort of argument.

Quote:
I'll post here what I'm not willing to take the time to post on MCB;

If you haven't held these, assembled them, and read the directions, then don't bother adding your opinion. For anyone with first hand user experience: Please enlighten us.
Dont bother adding opinion? Again, grow up, this is the internet it is free speech, people are going to disagree with you, welcome to life. You cant just blatantly disregard something as in-factual or wrong because you disagree with it, thats just ignorant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTERTLS View Post
Thats one of the things with paintball and then internet forums as well. Most is hear say. I'm guilty of it at times myself.

That incident listed, I would be interested to find out more about it. And if it was this specific grenade. They've had ones like these before but with different plastic bodies. And then these have the other body as well, the pineapple body. Different bodies should blow differently and different body material will be more apt to do harm then other material..
The person on MCB says it is this grenade, again I have nothing against the grenade, Its when you start using at commercial fields it becomes a problem.

Last edited by Ramous : 05-07-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote