PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2011, 01:04 PM #1
etipp98
LBJ=FGT

has been a member for 10 years
Critical RSF

Got a quick question. I recently purchased a RSF new from Critical and looked as if the slots in the bolt were milled after the bolt was anodized. Not really thinking about it, I just slapped the bolt in and lubed it. After the first day of play with it, I noticed the o-rings on the snatch pin that contact the slots inside the bolt were a little chewed up with black residue all over.

Do you guys think that I could polish/deburr the inside of the slots fairly easy, or should I contact Critical about this?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:19 PM #2
AustStar2007

If it is really jagged there maybe you should contact critical. Although, I wouldn't worry too much about the residue unless you start blowing orings. The rsf bolt is tighter than the stock bold and that is just the orings rubbing off. Mine would do it for a little bit, even with the stock bolt. When I would switch out the orings. It more than likely will be less previlant once you use it a few times.

Last edited by AustStar2007 : 04-24-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling
AustStar2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 AM #3
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Yep, as stated, this could just be o-ring wear due to the tight fit, which the RSF bolt is known for.

It would be odd for the slots to be cut after anodising, as this would then suggest that no de-burring/polishing were carried out after the slots were cut. Definitely something you might want to mention to Critical.

Do the slots actually feel rough to the touch? If they do, then I wouldn'y suggest fixing this yourself. You may just make matters worse. Talk to Critical.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 PM #4
Whitey818
Critical For LIFE

some of the bolts were not de burred properly have being machined and anodized we test all bolts prior to shipping to make sure they work properly that is why your was more then likely not anodized in the slots. If for whatever reason you change the orings and it continues to cut the orings you can contact us and we can get the bolt fixed for you.
Whitey818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:17 PM #5
etipp98
LBJ=FGT

has been a member for 10 years
I will throw a new set of o-rings on them and see what happens. Thanks for the responses.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:48 PM #6
Fallinher0
Taking Power Tokens

Annual Supporting Member
Fallinher0 donated to help Peyton Trent
Post some pics.