Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-19-2011, 05:12 PM #1
brickdoctor

change epiphany back to ion, anyone try?

I am so frustrated with my epip leaking all the time tried a new board (virtue) new barb on solionoid new epip hoses problem keeps comming back after a few games. So I thought if I could basically chang my epip to a Ion I can run it at lower pressure. any thoughts, I think all I need to change is the firing can and dougnut . is that correct? but will the larger firing can fit into the epip body. Please help very frustrating.
clamping feedneck
qev
red ion pro
tippmann 98 rt
brickdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:04 AM #2
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

sumsemperfi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sumsemperfi has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If I'm not mistaken only the inside of the firing can is milled out on the epiphany to allow the inserts. And since an epiphany can fit in an ion body yes it will fit. Not sure on the doughnut but they can be found cheap. I'm also thinking about doing this. Mainly if I ever buy a new body for mine.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:49 PM #3
brickdoctor

it did work , and I lowered the pressure to about 190 no leaks, I am going to fire it over a chrono but it looks to be firing same speed as my other marker. I hope this works just sick of leaks.
clamping feedneck
qev
red ion pro
tippmann 98 rt
brickdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 PM #4
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
the only diff between the Epi and Ion are the inserts , that makes the air chamer smaller , therefore, more preasure is needed to shoot same speed.
If you have a lighter bolt and a QEV you can even go 140-160 psi and shoot 285fps (without inserts of course)