Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-25-2011, 06:37 PM #43
shiagun

I did played NCCS. Dirty Banditos sounds familiar. The good part back then was that we only have to pay $5 for both air and entry for team practices.

Michael Sanders #1 fan
SF EXPLICIT fan#1

ballerscafe.com/
shiagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2011, 07:32 PM #44
Bigdog1250

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiagun View Post
I did played NCCS. Dirty Banditos sounds familiar. The good part back then was that we only have to pay $5 for both air and entry for team practices.
Yea those were the days! That was a good tourney series for being local. I'm starting to get back into balling now that I'm out of school and hope to start playing some tourneys again. Love this sport
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1608795

FS: Geo 3 - Like New
Bigdog1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:11 PM #45
HumboldtReign
where the grass is green

HumboldtReign plays in the PSP
HumboldtReign plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by propaintballer1995 View Post
We need Airball fields not Urban. Thats whats wrong with escape is to long of a wait for the PSP field but with only 1 at PLAYLAND just makes it almost as bad
you are forgetting that most people who go to escape are beginners, and the majority of them prefer the urban field.

with 2 urban fields you can accomodate most, if not all the beginners, letting advanced play PSP more often. plus escape isnt well organized, which is partly to blame for the wait times in between games.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:20 PM #46
propaintballer1995

propaintballer1995 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtReign View Post
you are forgetting that most people who go to escape are beginners, and the majority of them prefer the urban field.

with 2 urban fields you can accomodate most, if not all the beginners, letting advanced play PSP more often. plus escape isnt well organized, which is partly to blame for the wait times in between games.
True, but what will really win people (including me) is better lighting. Because people are asking me to take pictures and they wonder why they don't come out, The lighting is terrible. low light = lower shutter speed = blurry/****ing picture
propaintballer1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:50 PM #47
Edonis13

Quote:
True, but what will really win people (including me) is better lighting. Because people are asking me to take pictures and they wonder why they don't come out, The lighting is terrible. low light = lower shutter speed = blurry/****ing picture
what lens are you trying to use indoors? get a lens with a lower aperture setting, increase your ISO, and bingo: better indoor/low light photos.
Edonis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 PM #48
propaintballer1995

Canon 28-90 USM im not sure the apperature and also a 55-250 4-5.6 IS

i have the ISO on high and i get the best results with the shutter speed at 1/30th and 1/40th. depends where on the field I am
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 PM #49
Edonis13

Quote:
Canon 28-90 USM im not sure the apperature and also a 55-250 4-5.6 IS

i have the ISO on high and i get the best results with the shutter speed at 1/30th and 1/40th. depends where on the field I am
yeah, both of your lenses only go down to an f-stop of 4. that doesnt help when you are trying to shoot indoors. just for your own info.
Edonis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:01 PM #50
propaintballer1995

well iv seen people with worse lenses getting better pics, its just the fact that the lighting is too dim
Old 04-26-2011, 10:50 PM #51
Eguidio

Eguidio plays in the PSP
Eguidio owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Eguidio plays in the APPA D3 division
I've been helping Ryan and the guys with construction, the lighting is ALOT better than escape. It has natural lighting that comes in through skylights plus the artificial lighting... Legit!
Eguidio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:00 PM #52
propaintballer1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eguidio View Post
I've been helping Ryan and the guys with construction, the lighting is ALOT better than escape. It has natural lighting that comes in through skylights plus the artificial lighting... Legit!
Thank you!
Old 04-26-2011, 11:15 PM #53
hofasho
G-What?!?!

Annual Supporting Member
hofasho supports DLX Technology
Quote:
its gunna be legit !!!
hofasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:28 PM #54
propaintballer1995

Well it's Ryan, anything that is His is Legit, exept 31st, everytime I go there some little chump always has to shoot me. Some short little fat kid and it's annoying, but other than that its all Good!
Old 04-26-2011, 11:35 PM #55
Celtic-Baller123
LIONS

my friend who got me into paintball played at kapp he has an og jersey and a pm5 hahah
Old 04-27-2011, 12:02 AM #56
Rinkor16

Rinkor16 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
That's gonna be sick!
Rinkor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:43 AM #57
Fraser314

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
I remember now.. and the GAP paint that was well priced.

I played on dirty banditos too.. just a bunch of high school friends. NCCS was the big leagues for all us 14/15 year olds. Your username looks familiar. If I recall, you played on whiplash? Maybe I'm wrong, but we used to talk to those guys on here and they were regulars out a kapp also.
Fraser314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:54 PM #58
shiagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser314 View Post
I remember now.. and the GAP paint that was well priced.

I played on dirty banditos too.. just a bunch of high school friends. NCCS was the big leagues for all us 14/15 year olds. Your username looks familiar. If I recall, you played on whiplash? Maybe I'm wrong, but we used to talk to those guys on here and they were regulars out a kapp also.
No we were beginner team back then. My team was Team Endless. Whiplash was a good team. NCCS allowed us to play tournament style pb where we do not have to travel far. THe competition was very intense. our team is full of friends and coworker and the same for many team. Extreme extractors, ESP, brotherhood, bad intenzion, mavericks. lots and lots of team unlike nowaday.
steven

Michael Sanders #1 fan
SF EXPLICIT fan#1

ballerscafe.com/
Old 04-27-2011, 03:36 PM #59
Fraser314

Quote:
No we were beginner team back then. My team was Team Endless. Whiplash was a good team. NCCS allowed us to play tournament style pb where we do not have to travel far. THe competition was very intense. our team is full of friends and coworker and the same for many team. Extreme extractors, ESP, brotherhood, bad intenzion, mavericks. lots and lots of team unlike nowaday.
steven
I remember all those teams, and a few good games against them. Funny how we remember all these little things. A few years back I was playing in XPSL and luke who used to be on ballistic and xsv infuence was playing on our team. We recalled a time when our teams played against each other back at NCCS (he was on Loki) and they called a 1 on 1 on him. It was some random game years before. I think NCCS was the highlight of our lives back when we were just starting. haha. We didn't do so well but had a blast nonetheless.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:53 PM #60
shiagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser314 View Post
I remember all those teams, and a few good games against them. Funny how we remember all these little things. A few years back I was playing in XPSL and luke who used to be on ballistic and xsv infuence was playing on our team. We recalled a time when our teams played against each other back at NCCS (he was on Loki) and they called a 1 on 1 on him. It was some random game years before. I think NCCS was the highlight of our lives back when we were just starting. haha. We didn't do so well but had a blast nonetheless.
Yeah I must have play against ballistic during practice since Kapp was their home field. I wonder what happened to all those Kapp factory players or ballistic players. They were considered future pro ballers back then.

Michael Sanders #1 fan
SF EXPLICIT fan#1

ballerscafe.com/
Old 04-28-2011, 07:01 AM #61
Fraser314

Quote:
Yeah I must have play against ballistic during practice since Kapp was their home field. I wonder what happened to all those Kapp factory players or ballistic players. They were considered future pro ballers back then.
A lot of them are. Most of the original Dynasty on Kapp factory for example, but I don't know who the whole team was (a little before my time). Momma's boy was another great norcal team back in the day.

Ballistic turned into XSV influence in 06 or 07 and continued to do really well in D2. After that I think some of them went to Pro Bushwackers, and now are on Blast. A few went to SCP Epic for a period as well, I think. Also, I think a few quit (like that kid Luke who guested with us - pretty sure he quit but I'm not sure about now).

Last edited by Fraser314 : 04-28-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:02 PM #62
shockacru

shockacru is a Supporting Member
shockacru is a Professional paintball player
Thanks for all the interest guys. you can check out some of our progress and happenings on our facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/PLAYLAND/213791815300527

website should be up soon: playland707.com

-As of now our space is 150%the sizer of any other indoor in northern California

-We will have 3 indoor fields, 1 NPPL and 2 urban fields- I do understand the want for experienced players to have more than 1 airball but with beginners on two other very different urban fields they will be playing the airball field alot less and giving the experienced players more time on the field. if you pre-madonnas can actually get geared up and on the field!

- We will hopefully opening outdoor fields this summer with a legal size nppl field with an outdoor air station, staging, and more urban fields ( hint: COD nuke town potential)

-Yes we will have airsoft and lasertag
-Yes we will have a full pro shop
-yes we will have leagues and tournaments
-yes we will have clinics
-yes weekday grind nights scheduled

-yes it will be more then anything we have seen in the bay

Ryan

San Francisco EXPLICIT

REGIM3-MOMMAS BOYS- Handsome Boy Modeling School
shockacru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:07 PM #63
Rinkor16

Rinkor16 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockacru View Post
Thanks for all the interest guys. you can check out some of our progress and happenings on our facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/PLAYLAND/213791815300527

website should be up soon: playland707.com

-As of now our space is 150%the sizer of any other indoor in northern California

-We will have 3 indoor fields, 1 NPPL and 2 urban fields- I do understand the want for experienced players to have more than 1 airball but with beginners on two other very different urban fields they will be playing the airball field alot less and giving the experienced players more time on the field. if you pre-madonnas can actually get geared up and on the field!

- We will hopefully opening outdoor fields this summer with a legal size nppl field with an outdoor air station, staging, and more urban fields ( hint: COD nuke town potential)

-Yes we will have airsoft and lasertag
-Yes we will have a full pro shop
-yes we will have leagues and tournaments
-yes we will have clinics
-yes weekday grind nights scheduled

-yes it will be more then anything we have seen in the bay

Ryan
So ****** stoked! It's gonna be sick.
Rinkor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups