PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-21-2011, 01:59 PM #1
lowst1

lowst1 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Maintenance for the Mini

I recently went out to local field and played, bad move I am now addicted. I had so much fun I bought a mini and the rest of the set up to start playing regularly. I have hunted my whole life and take very good care of my firearms and really surprised when I saw in the manual DO NOT USE OILS OF ANY KIND. Essentally my question rest with general maintenance of the gun and mask. Do I put grease on threads of barrell? Only grease on O-rings? Can I wash mask off with water? Thank you for your help
lowst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2011, 02:25 PM #2
ToBeUsedToBE
Terrence Morton

ToBeUsedToBE is for the Gunfight
ToBeUsedToBE plays in the APPA beginner division
ToBeUsedToBE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
read the manual and lube what it tells you to. bolt, regulator, etc. any dow33 lube works. and what mask do you have?
for the people who are still alive
ToBeUsedToBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:08 PM #3
burnttoast
Not the one from PbReview

burnttoast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
burnttoast supports Sherwood Forest
If you know how to take the lens out of your mask (it should be in the manual) you can wash it with water. Just dry it off with a cotton towel. Heck, you can wash the whole mask under water and just let it dry, but I'd take out the lens to get all the paint that may be in the cracks. Just don't let it sit on your mask overnight. You'll find that your lens will degrade faster.

As for the mini, Don't put grease on the barrel threads. Unscrew the bolt assembly with the back screw. (Not the one you adjust the velocity with, the one on the back that secures the gripframe to the gun.) Also, make sure the marker is off and degassed and there is no ball in the breech. I know that seems obvious but this is the internet, and you can't assume anything. Take out the bolt assembly, remove the spring, take off the bolt, and then put like dow 55 on the orings of the bolt guide and the bolt. I have this stuff called shocktech gun butta and it works pretty well. That's all you will really have to do as far as I know, just lube all the orings. The reason you can't put gun oils on it is that some aren't designed for orings.
burnttoast is offline   Reply With Quote