Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-19-2011, 11:38 PM #1
henry2229

another problem

As I fixed one issue I ran into another, my lpr is backed out and my cp reg is zeroed out and now when i turn my air on and turn my cp reg so my gauge will read 250 my gun starts leaking as soon my needle starts to move, the leak increasing as I move the needle up, It seems like its coming from my noid but im not to sure as I can't feel any air coming from anywheres and my hose's look like they are well connected. Any help? Thanks.
henry2229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2011, 08:25 AM #2
TheArtist

make sure you turn it up enough to cock the gun, leaks can occur at to low of pressure to seal. Also the hammer could be pushing the valve.
TheArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:34 AM #3
henry2229

When I turn it up enough to cock the gun the gauge still reads zero though, and I don't know much about this gun, what would I have to do to fix if the hammer is pushing the seal? Thanks.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:06 PM #4
krupasjeans
happy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry2229 View Post
When I turn it up enough to cock the gun the gauge still reads zero though, and I don't know much about this gun, what would I have to do to fix if the hammer is pushing the seal? Thanks.
Okay, so you CAN get the bolt to cock back if you "turn it up enough". So what are you turning up? The HPR?
If you are increasing pressure on the HPR (screwing out/unscrewing the screw on a CP reg) and the gauge is still at zero then your gauge may be bad.
Also, if your LPR is backed out all the way (unscrewed) and the bolt is cocking back when you increase the HPR pressure then it may suggest you rebuilt your LPR incorrectly or you need a new LPR seal because it may be creeping (leaking through internally).
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:21 AM #5
TheArtist

Back out the LPR until threads show. Crank up HPR to about 150, turn in LPR until it cocks. If it still leaks, where does it leak.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:29 PM #6
henry2229

With my lpr backed out, and turning my hpr up to 150 should my gun not be ab le to cock back until I twist my lpr in?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:24 PM #7
krupasjeans
happy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry2229 View Post
With my lpr backed out, and turning my hpr up to 150 should my gun not be ab le to cock back until I twist my lpr in?
Theoretically, yes. Your bolt shouldn't cock back until you turn up your LPR pressure.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:59 AM #8
henry2229

Well my bolt is cocking back when I turn my hpr up and my lpr is backed out and has threads showing, and there is a big constant leak coming out the centre hole on my lpr, screwing my lpr in does not fix the leak
Old 04-22-2011, 07:56 AM #9
TheArtist

Now we are getting somewhere. I would take off the whole lpr.Take apart the lpr and replace the o15 UR o-ring. Regrease with super lube. Go to the other side and unscrew the alum piece, carefull not to lose the spring. At the top you will see a clear seal, take it out, clean it, and put it back in opposite of what they way it came out. ( the brass cup after a while puts a small impression on the seal, flipping it will give you a fresh flat surface. When you screw in the cup housing, put a small amount of blue locktite on the threads. Only screw in the cup housing until it seats and slightly more, so not to squish the cup seal. Also go to the ICD site and look at the promaster manual. Good Luck.