Softie68
Dan Hines makes me moist

Softie68 plays in the PSP
Softie68 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Softie68 supports Team VICIOUS
Softie68 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Productions View Post
Last year there were brackets. It all depends on the event so I can not say which it was, It could have been 2 brackets and top 4 advanced, it could have been 3 brackets and been top 2 from each and 2 wild cards. I dont know because I would need to see the particular event to tell you exactly.

The system was top 3 teams from each bracket from this weekends past event. The 10th place team was 4th in their bracket. So that is why they did not advance. Again, I will try to have Reahl come in here and explain. He is better at explaining it.
I totally understand the system you used. But my only thing is that you said you used psp rules which I showed and obviously it wasn't. Also I might suggest adding playoff structure to you rule book. It would help prevent issues like this
Overlook Project Zero
Softie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2011, 02:26 PM #23
RaZa-Ollie
New Jersey

RaZa-Ollie plays in the PSP
RaZa-Ollie plays in the APPA D4 division
This thread got completely off topic LOL.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 PM #24
dymium
Joe R.

Annual Supporting Member
dymium is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
dymium plays in the PSP
dymium is an NCPA player
dymium plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softie68 View Post
I totally understand the system you used. But my only thing is that you said you used psp rules which I showed and obviously it wasn't. Also I might suggest adding playoff structure to you rule book. It would help prevent issues like this
PSP rules do cover how you advance teams on a bracket system. Section 7.5 that you pointed out covers how many total teams should advance to playoffs based on the division size. Sections 7.1 and 7.2 (most specifically, 7.2.3) provide that teams are set up into brackets, and that the same number of teams should advance in each bracket. When you can't advance an even number of teams per bracket to fulfill the amounts given in 7.5, you use wildcards to make up the difference.

Specifically concerning D4/D5 RaceTo-2, we advanced 12 teams. The top team from each of the 4 prelim brackets receive a bye to the quarter-finals, and the remaining 8 teams played off in ocho-finals. Winners from ocho-finals played teams in quarterfinals. The winners of each quarterfinals match played in semifinals, and the winners from semifinals played for 1st and 2nd, while the losing teams from semifinals played for 3rd and 4th.

Specifically concerning the M.I.L.F Hunters Red line, they finished fourth in their bracket. The tiebreaker order is set forth in Section 5.2.3 for the prelims.

Joe

Last edited by dymium : 04-20-2011 at 03:07 PM.
dymium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:01 PM #25
Softie68
Dan Hines makes me moist

Softie68 plays in the PSP
Softie68 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Softie68 supports Team VICIOUS
Softie68 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dymium View Post
PSP rules do cover how you advance teams on a bracket system. Section 7.5 that you pointed out covers how many total teams should advance to playoffs based on the division size. Sections 7.1 and 7.2 (most specifically, 7.2.3) provide that teams are set up into brackets, and that the same number of teams should advance in each bracket. When you can't advance an even number of teams per bracket to fulfill the amounts given in 7.5, you use wildcards to make up the difference.

Specifically concerning D4/D5 RaceTo-2, we advanced 12 teams. The top team from each of the 4 prelim brackets receive a bye to the quarter-finals, and the remaining 8 teams played off in ocho-finals. Winners from ocho-finals played teams in quarterfinals. The winners of each quarterfinals match played in semifinals, and the winners from semifinals played for 1st and 2nd, while the losing teams from semifinals played for 3rd and 4th.

Specifically concerning the M.I.L.F Hunters Red line, they finished fourth in their bracket. The tiebreaker order is set forth in Section 5.2.3 for the prelims.

Joe

7.5.5.3. In divisions of 21 to 30 teams, the top 12 teams will advance

which means that the top 12 advance period if the number of teams isnts divisable then you add in the wildcards which would mean more teams will be added to make it even out.
Overlook Project Zero
Softie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:31 PM #26
dymium
Joe R.

Annual Supporting Member
dymium plays in the PSP
dymium is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softie68 View Post
7.5.5.3. In divisions of 21 to 30 teams, the top 12 teams will advance

which means that the top 12 advance period if the number of teams isnts divisable then you add in the wildcards which would mean more teams will be added to make it even out.
Again, please read sections 7.1 and 7.2 from the rulebook, in their entirety. Section 7.5 provides the total number of teams that should advance. Sections 7.1 and 7.2 describe how those teams are determined.

Though the wildcard portion doesn't apply to this specific case, I'll re-explain it. Say you have a division with 25 teams. This means you have five brackets of five and are supposed to advance 12 teams. Since you can't divide 12 by 5 evenly, you take the top two teams from each bracket (10 teams). The remaining 2 spots are filled by wildcards.

Joe
Old 04-20-2011, 06:00 PM #27
notrops99
$sporticus

I know my two cents prob. isnt wanted but can i make a suggestion? I completely understand how and why what teams made the finals and didnt. The only thing i suggest is that in the beginning of the day you should be informed of which teams are in your bracket so you and your team knows who they have to beat out in order to get in.. just a suggestion .. I think that would clear up a lot of this mess for those that refuse to comprehend the breakdown.

LNIB AXE AND GOODIES FOR SALE!!! LOOK HERE!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post71381175
notrops99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:24 PM #28
bigntastyeclipse08
Kingkongpb.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrops99 View Post
I know my two cents prob. isnt wanted but can i make a suggestion? I completely understand how and why what teams made the finals and didnt. The only thing i suggest is that in the beginning of the day you should be informed of which teams are in your bracket so you and your team knows who they have to beat out in order to get in.. just a suggestion .. I think that would clear up a lot of this mess for those that refuse to comprehend the breakdown.
The teams you play are the teams in your bracket except for one. In my opinion, win all your games, then you win the tournament. Win four prelim games, then you move on. Also would'nt being placed lower be a better thing after the tournament because you get less appa points so you can play longer in that specific division? I can understand teams are upset because they should have been in the ocho and quarter finals if they took an overall seeding of teams, not just who is in your specific bracket.
bigntastyeclipse08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:33 PM #29
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
The problem is not a matter of the points for the placing, it is of missing out on advancing your placing to possibly the finals.

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
swedishfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:46 PM #30
dymium
Joe R.

Annual Supporting Member
dymium plays in the PSP
dymium is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by notrops99 View Post
For the next event, I can work with Cyndi to make sure we have this information available.

Additionally, as bigntastyeclipse08 pointed out, there are 5 or 6 teams in a bracket (on rare occasions we will vary from that; these occasions are found in Appendix A of the rulebook). Brackets for this past event could be found here:
http://www.paintball-players.org/sco.../brackets.html
and were also indicated by the different shading on the scoreboard page.

Joe