Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-06-2016, 10:55 AM #1
Oldimpy

Where to start?

So I have recently gotten back into paintball after an 8 year or so hiatus. I didn't have a gun and knew I was going to be sticking to getting back in now that I can afford to play so I went and bought a new shocker rsx. Gun is awesome. I mean really awesome. But I felt bad after a while playing with the rentals and ripping 20+Bps. I mean there were other guys with nice setups and whatnot but the refs were using us to even up teams and they seemed to not care about emptying there hopper and two pods within a few minutes of gameplay. Well I didn't want to be that kind of douche. So I decided I would get some kind of a mech to play with on days when I'm forced to play with renters only. At first I was think about cockers but wgp is out and I don't know how to do the timing and parts are going to be used and what not so it just seems like a bad choice. So then I was thinking automag and discovered that agd is still in business which is awesome. However I don't know where to start. I have tried my best to do research but looking at a lot of thread and what not lead to dead links or stuff that is no longer available. Basically I want to get an ule rt mag where I can play mech and not feel like a douche and yet be able to take care of any douches by utilizing the rt bounce effect. So are their any currently produced regulators out there that can reach the high pressure and recharge rates needed. Also would it be better to buy new from agd or save some money and buy used. I don't mind buying used if I can find replacement parts from agd but I don't know what a good model is that has cross compatible with valves and parts and what now. I found an rt pro for sale that looked pretty clean and had a max flo reg on it but I don't know if it is worth it at the price or not
Oldimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2016, 11:20 AM #2
demented pumper
AKA Superman

has been a member for 10 years
i tend to avoid the maxflow regs they had issues with the on/off valve and once the oring is nicked it will stay on. ninja makes a shp reg that can go up to 1200 psi.

it should be mentioned that the rt effect is a result of rt on/off pin length, tank out put pressure and how broken in the orings are.

i prefer to use a .740-.745 on/off pin length and a about a 850psi tank. once the pressures start getting higher it starts getting hard to control the bounce. the ult on/off is intended to make the trigger light but not rt. they can be troublesome for someone new to mags. they require more maintenance and are a bit quirky.

feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any specific questions.

AUTOMAG PARTS FOR SALE

Feedback

AO-Captian pinky
MCB- superman
demented pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 02:43 PM #3
Oldimpy

Well thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't think I can pm just yet as I don't have 5 posts yet and I'm not just going to make posts just to make posts and get my post count up so I can pm because that's annoying. So you think the max flo reg would not be wise. I didn't either but not for the on/off issues but mosrefor the fact that a steady supply of spare parts is not available and will eventually be nonexistent. I was thinking the ninja should be fine.

I obviously have no experience with mags but you say a pressure of 850? Everywhere else I read like on zak vetter and what not suggested higher pressures than that.

Also how are the mags that agd is putting out new now compared to older auto mags, or better wording for the question would be should I go new and get everything I want already set up or should I buy a used mag and fix her up or should I buy parts and build a mag.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:55 PM #4
demented pumper
AKA Superman

There is a big difference between flow rate and out put pressure. some regs have a higher flow rate at lower out put pressure. they are more efficient at regulating the air. personally i use crossfire regs even though the company is no longer producing tank regs etc. its worth it to me to rebuild them than it is to go with a ninja reg at 1200. i can swap the tanks between all of my markers and not have to worry about the pressure.

however if you plan to have a dedicated tank a ninja reg will be fine for you. you will have to break the marker in.

it really depends what you want. If you just want a brand new mag then get one. if you are looking for something a bit more custom then i recommend building one that is already built or contacting someone that can put them together.

the only thing you really need to watch out for is the classic rt mag. it uses a different style rail, valve, body etc. they are not interchangeable with other mags for the most part.

AUTOMAG PARTS FOR SALE

Feedback

AO-Captian pinky
MCB- superman
Old 11-06-2016, 05:18 PM #5
Oldimpy

Man you are exactly who I was hoping to have respond to this thread. So an older rt pro is interchangeable parts. I really like the looks of those but are they aluminum or stainless?
Old 11-06-2016, 06:37 PM #6
demented pumper
AKA Superman

the rt pro valve is mostly stainless with the regulator body being aluminum. They came from agd with a level 7 bolt and people often upgraded the bolt to level 10.

all twistlock bodies are steel.

AUTOMAG PARTS FOR SALE

Feedback

AO-Captian pinky
MCB- superman
Old 11-06-2016, 06:53 PM #7
Oldimpy

Ah thanks then for that bit of info. As you can see I really don't know all the differences. I would rather go with something cocker threaded so I can use my freak barrel already. Well I guess I will probably just go new then. I'm not really interested in a warp feed as it just seems like too much going on and also being another piece that can break that is not easily replaceable. Man I wish I would have thought about mags before I bought the shocker. It is a nice gun and all but kinda boring. In fact that is one of the things I that about all the new guns when I first started looking at getting back into paintball was how they all looked the same and did exactly the same stuff.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:55 PM #8
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
going_home supports Ninja Paintball
Get an RT Pro ULE with Xvalve, this is cocker threaded.

Automags.org is a good place to start in the buy sell trade, or here on PBN.

You can get a new one for around 550

http://www.airgundesigns.com/category-s/162.htm

So a used one 350 to 450.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:12 PM #9
deepworker

Annual Supporting Member
deepworker supports our troops
The Tac one is also a good choice for what you are looking for.

I have been playing with mine for the last 7 or 8 years with on issues and it is cocker threaded.
deepworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:59 PM #10
urban22

Just wanted to say that I'm also new to AGD markers and found this thread very helpful! Thanks