Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 AM #1
sups777

Trouble With Regulator...

I have a nice looking Eos in my hot little hands and am having problems with the regulator. If I pressure up the gun to between 200 and 220 psi it works, but I can't open the asa all the way for if the gun pressures up past 220 it stops working. Since there isn't enough air flow to keep the marker firing rapidly (due to the fact that I can't open the asa all the way) it peters out until I stop firing and allow the pressure to reach that "sweet spot" of 200 to 220 psi. My regulator is not regulating. I plugged my friends ego's reg into the Eos and it fires like a champ. What do I need to replace in this Eos to get the thing working properly? I don't want to just get a whole new reg. I want to fix the one that matches the gun...any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
sups777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2011, 03:04 AM #2
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

sumsemperfi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sumsemperfi has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just clean and lube ur reg. Or maybe rebuild it with all new orings and see what happens.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:50 AM #3
sups777

Now what?

I finally found some time to take the regulator apart. I replaced all the the o-rings and lubed it up...now it seems as though it will hardly let any air in at all.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 AM #4
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

Make sure the pin in the on/off isn't blocking the air coming from the tank. Try turning it about a quarter to half a turn. Maybe it's the tank and not your reg?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 AM #5
sups777

Boy...the tank works with every other gun I have. How could the pin be blocking the air?

Any time I air up the gun I always do it slowly...I am sure it is better for the gun, but mainly because nothing drains a tank faster than a leaking gun and an asa that is all the way on!

I was kind of thinking along the same lines as you are...it seems before that the regulator was leaking...allowing too much air into the gun. Now (after the reg is tight again) it seems as though not enough air is getting into the gun. There seems to be a restriction somewhere.

I will check out the pins on both the asa and the tank. Thank you for taking the time to help me out with this. If you think of anything else please feel free to offer it. I welcome any advice. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:28 PM #6
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

it would be the pin in the asa blocking the air flow into it not really the pin on the tank.. have you happened to try another tank on the gun to rule that out? or even a new asa or new reg just to narrow it down?
Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 AM #7
sups777

I have put my friends reg off of his eos, and the gun worked great. That is as far as I have gotten. The asa is still the original smart parts asa...i have heard that they are not all that great. I will do some tinkering.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:53 PM #8
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

And also have u tried a new battery. Lol
Old 06-14-2011, 09:28 AM #9
sups777

No...I have not tried a new batt. :0 I can only hope that is all it is!