PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-08-2016, 10:13 AM #1
PArdr

New-ish to Raleigh

Hey guys,

I've recently decided to pick paintball back up after a long hiatus (college, as usual) and am trying to find good places to play around Raleigh/Durham. So far I've been to play at Black River. Seemed like a good place to go (even though I only go to play 2 fields because of private parties). How's Gotcha and Xtreme? I'm probably 15 minutes from Gotcha, as opposed to an hour from BR, but I've gotten the sense its worth the trip.

I've always been a woodballs player and love playing scenarios. I'd eventually like to get into speedball as well though, so input from that angle is very welcome. I may need to pick up an envy or something first since I'm not sure my old WGP Trilogy is going to do the job.

Also, I'm looking at playing BR's scenario in October (I think) and Fulda Gap in November, so if there's any fellow scenario players out there, feel free to PM me! I'll also be playing BR's upcoming big game in Angiers.
PArdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2016, 10:49 AM #2
Twaltz628
n00b for 8 yrs & counting

Annual Supporting Member
Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Ninja Paintball
Twaltz628 supports Empire
Hey PArdr,
Black River is definitely busy this time of year due to all the private groups, it's hard to get steady play time as a walk on. It will start to slow down again a bit after the school year starts. You'll have better luck as a walk-on on Sundays.

The other fields, I haven't been to Xtreme Kombat since probably 2012. It was a fun field, worth trying out. I didn't like alternating with airsoft players for field time. Just didn't feel like much play time. If they changed that (which they might have and I'm sure a XK regular will chime in) then it is a great field for woodsball.

I've been to fields all across the state, but not gotcha. mainly on the words of others. It was never really known for woodsball, and I hear the speedball fields have gone done hill.However, the field is still in business, so I do wonder at times how bad it can be.

Other fields to check out are Real McCoy which I hear is still doing well, haven't been in years though. Also, a newer field towards Fayetteville called Black Ops Paintball, it may be the nicest facility I've been to yet. Only down side is the facility is so new that it needs a bit of time for the staff to work out the kinks. Lastly, there is Paintball central in Greensboro, its a bit of a drive, but if you find yourself out that way, it's worth checking out. It's about on par with Black river I'd say

Overall, Black River is my preferred field due to field quality, decent refs and distance. Just a bit busy during peak season. I've been there around this time of year where they had something like 200+ rental markers out... That's "big game" sizes.

Keep an eye out for Team Backlash, our home field is Black River in Angier and we'll be attending the October big game and Fulda Gap, as well as playing on misc. days as walk-ons. We're always happy to play with anyone who loves the sport!
Old 06-14-2016, 06:06 PM #3
GundogHitman
JUSTICE

GundogHitman plays in the PSP
GundogHitman owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
GundogHitman plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twaltz628 View Post
Hey PArdr,
Black River is definitely busy this time of year due to all the private groups, it's hard to get steady play time as a walk on. It will start to slow down again a bit after the school year starts. You'll have better luck as a walk-on on Sundays.

The other fields, I haven't been to Xtreme Kombat since probably 2012. It was a fun field, worth trying out. I didn't like alternating with airsoft players for field time. Just didn't feel like much play time. If they changed that (which they might have and I'm sure a XK regular will chime in) then it is a great field for woodsball.

I've been to fields all across the state, but not gotcha. mainly on the words of others. It was never really known for woodsball, and I hear the speedball fields have gone done hill.However, the field is still in business, so I do wonder at times how bad it can be.

Other fields to check out are Real McCoy which I hear is still doing well, haven't been in years though. Also, a newer field towards Fayetteville called Black Ops Paintball, it may be the nicest facility I've been to yet. Only down side is the facility is so new that it needs a bit of time for the staff to work out the kinks. Lastly, there is Paintball central in Greensboro, its a bit of a drive, but if you find yourself out that way, it's worth checking out. It's about on par with Black river I'd say

Overall, Black River is my preferred field due to field quality, decent refs and distance. Just a bit busy during peak season. I've been there around this time of year where they had something like 200+ rental markers out... That's "big game" sizes.

Keep an eye out for Team Backlash, our home field is Black River in Angier and we'll be attending the October big game and Fulda Gap, as well as playing on misc. days as walk-ons. We're always happy to play with anyone who loves the sport!
Pretty spot on heads up right there. I'll only add, as a XK regular that our field has changed drastically. We do share the field with Air soft on weekends. However, most days we play there is no longer any downtime. You play till you run out of paint or air, then walk back up to catch the next game. We also have a scenario team that started up last year. We have played the fall out event and con thien. We will be playing the walking dead, Fulda, and possibly the division as well.

This weekend our team will be destroying backlash on their home turf at BR.. so that may be the place you wanna go this weekend. Otherwise, definitely hit up XK.
GundogHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:44 AM #4
PArdr

Great input, thanks guys. I'll definitely have to get out to XK, as I've gone to BR a couple times now. I tried Gotcha in Youngsville and decided I will not be going back. As a matter of fact, I got to play with both your teams this past weekend at BR. It was a blast, even as a random walk on. I appreciate the sportsmanship as well as the mouthful of paint someone gave me!
PArdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:50 PM #5
bballa27920

has been a member for 10 years
bballa27920 supports Ninja Paintball
Hey man I'm new to the area too I have been going out to Black river on sundays and loving it if you are just wanting to play rec everytime i have been out there on saturdays there are like 50-100 renters. More of a chance of getting some speedball on sunday. Would highly recommend it.
bballa27920 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups