PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 AM #1
loukyballer
502nd C.O.

has been a member for 10 years
Paintball Indiana's Big Game April 10

Back & rested after the 2 hour trip north to check out Paintball Indiana's Big Game series! I'd known about these for a couple of years, but due to scheduling & weather, we've never been able to make the trip up.

Well, this year, the planets aligned and I was able to mobilize the 502nd (Louisville's resident Rec/Scenario Team) to head north and check it out. I brought up a crew of 9. Weather dawned sunny and slightly breezy - a good sign!

First, thanks to Chris & all the staff at Paintball Indiana for putting on these events. You all do paintball proud & are a model for a well-run organization. The tank fills were great - 4500 every time. There was zero wait for air. Registration was smooth - your wife was churning through players at record speed. The field was nice and clean - partly due to mother nature and partly due to lots of work from the staff. The paint - well as it was a BYO event (big props here), we did - lots & lots of orange all-star - so I don't know how the field paint was, but I heard zero complaints about the field paint from anyone.

The game play was pretty intense after lunch. Teams were a bit unbalanced at first skill-wise and it was nice to see you pulled teams over to the other side to fix the problem. I was going to offer my crew to defect to Blue, but you took care of it before I had a chance to offer. The firefights after lunch were sustained and hard-fought. The battle lines flowed between the airball section and castle for 3 hours non-stop and it was quite a grand old time.

The only complaints I had were small - one flag station was hastily repaired after a player dove into it and later I went to draw it up to our color, but it was tied/knotted in place. And I noticed many players did not understand that gun/equipment hits count - sometimes including mask hits...

But overall, well done! We had a great time and it was definitely worth the trip up!

Lastly, thanks on behalf of Paintball Asylum for allowing us to hand out flyers for our "Go'N Postal" big game series!

SIDE NOTE: Who was the photographer that was shooting on-field during the day? Are those going to be posted somewhere?

Last edited by loukyballer : 04-11-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: added side note
loukyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2011, 01:56 AM #2
Desperado_Ghost
Professional Professional

Desperado_Ghost is playing at Living Legends V
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost posts videos on PbNation
Desperado_Ghost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
It was good play with you guys, even though I was on the recieving end lol. You guys are top notch on and off the field.

This is the second time I have played with Todd and the first time I played with the whole team. It was great having you guys out here.

I will be stopping by Asylum for the scenarios!