Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2011, 12:46 AM #43
DEAk0n

I'm a parent of three young-guns and I'm very proud to say that I'm able to pay for all of their equipment. In this economy, anyone being able to pay for this sport is an accomplishment.

Write a program so simple that even an idiot can use it, and only idiots will use it.
DEAk0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2011, 01:02 AM #44
beastmode986

although i support you supporting your kids and your a good parent for doing so im 13 and buy all my gear and i think when the kids buy there own gear they appreciate it more just my 2 cents
beastmode986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:49 PM #45
dukops420

i was never endorsed by anybody to play paintball , i just loved to do it and fought everyday to go that weekend , when you get old enough to drive your self around you'll understand why " parents " don't want to deal with all the loose ends that come with paintball , it's not like there out there to play the game they just want to see you happy , so what evers going on , either paintball or don't , just don't expect some body to beg you to spend there money on sling paint at other people
dukops420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:44 PM #46
shpak10

shpak10 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
shpak10 supports Sherwood Forest
im 15 and bought all my gear which is a dm7 and a rotor whith events and a crossfire tank
shpak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:27 PM #47
NJKillaZ
LOL @ ur SWAG

NJKillaZ is playing at Living Legends V
NJKillaZ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NJKillaZ is for the Gunfight
NJKillaZ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Me and my YG team do carwashes almost every weekend. 10 bucks per car and do it near like a shop rite or someplace where tons of people go. Make sure it's also in a supportive town. That usually pays for paint and entrance fees. We shoot about 15 cases a practice and practice every Saturday. Yea sure, parents help out here and there but majority is us. Bake sales lemonade stands an crap. They all work. Just save it. And for yourself, work at your local field. Then you've got a way to save for gear and play. My parents pay for hotels and flights though.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:16 AM #48
flyrkid
T.R.O Paintball

Yes my parents make me pay for everything except field fee and gas to get there. If you feel a little short on cash, play pump! you don't have to buy a expensive hopper or huge hpa tank!

96.4% of teens would die if Abercrombie said it was "uncool" to breath. Put this in your sig if you would be one of the 3.6% that would die laughing.
flyrkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:57 AM #49
tigwldr
Chaos

Annual Supporting Member
tigwldr is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tigwldr is playing at Living Legends VII
My son and I both play. I pay for everything but we own a lot of land and several rental properties. When its time to cut grass or clean up and work on a property that someone moved out of I don't want to hear no pouting about it. He also better have good grades. He's 16 and has 1 year of school left before he moves off to college or military. I don't mind paying since since I can. Just do your part when its time. Piss me off and cry about working around the properties and see where that gets you.
tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:07 PM #50
Zman9398
APOCALYPSE

Zman9398 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zman9398 is for the Gunfight
Zman9398 posts videos on PbNation
Zman9398 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Zman9398 supports DLX Technology
i pay for all my gear i just bought my self an etek 2 w/ starframe, a 70/4500 stubby, a empire reloader b, valken crusade pants and jersey, and a new xsv 4+2+4 pack. i pay for everything. I'm 13
Zman9398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 PM #51
dude1it
Christopher R.

dude1it helped look for balloons
dude1it supports Team VICIOUS
dude1it is an NCPA player
dude1it is a top reviewer
dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
dude1it is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAk0n View Post
I'm a parent of three young-guns and I'm very proud to say that I'm able to pay for all of their equipment. In this economy, anyone being able to pay for this sport is an accomplishment.
Just hand your kids everything they want....

I worked my *** off to play paintball, I gave up so much just to play. It taught me to have drive and work for what I want, along with responsibility and sacrifice. I'm not a believer in just handing kids everything they want, they'll expect everything in life to come the same way.

Pittsburgh All American Heroes 2012
dude1it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 PM #52
shpak10

shpak10 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
shpak10 supports Sherwood Forest
i work for all my ****. work for what you get cause thats life.
shpak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:23 PM #53
kyleMO

I am 16, I pay for everything but I don't go often.
kyleMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 PM #54
described orange

described orange owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yep

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post80644617
described orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:34 PM #55
ohtwowagon

sadly paid over 600 in paintball with my own money =(
ohtwowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:08 AM #56
SeanBob
I Do Me

SeanBob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SeanBob plays in the APPA D4 division
SeanBob has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SeanBob has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
no one ever paid for my stuff my parents thought i was dumb for spending so much on paintball now im married and have kids too and i will not pay for stuff that of they will never learn to take care of themselfs
Old 12-02-2011, 02:23 PM #57
KookieMonster
Kookie or Nookie???

has been a member for 10 years
KookieMonster donated to help Peyton Trent
KookieMonster supports Bob Gurnsey
KookieMonster has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
sheesh, growing up I had to pay for everything. Only thing I didn't have to pay for was insurance on my parrents' cars for me to be able to drive them. I paid for gas and everything else. When I got my own car, I had to pay for it myself along with the insurance. When I started playing paintball, I had to pay for it all myself. 20 years later, I'm still paying for it all by myself. Well, my wife did get me a Shocktech NXT for our aniversary 3 years ago and 2 NOX kilo bolts. My oldest son is now 9 and talked about wanting to play. So I got him a good Shocker SFT setup and now he's scared to go play, go figure.
KookieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:35 PM #58
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
When I was a "young gun," I got my own part-time job to pay entirely for my paintball habit, and I only went to fields when I could bum a ride from friends or pay enough of someone's gas to get me there. Not only did my parents not foot the bill, I tended not to ask them to, nor did I expect them to.

Anyone with a parent that even helps pay for their paintballing should be immensely grateful to them.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:26 PM #59
TheHef

My dad pays for everything, I'm very lucky.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:43 PM #60
Matt.t

I'm 15 I started playing 2-3 times a week in the summer and during that time I had most of my games paid for. I've been paying for nearly all my playing days since September.
Matt.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:39 PM #61
Card09

i have always paid for my own stuff, ever since i was 13, once i turned 16 i had to pay for gas and car insurance too, although they did buy me a car. trust me though i know the feeling

My problem seems to be i cant save up long enough to buy something, if i get 40-50 dollars on top of what it takes to play it normally goes to a new sandana/pads/barrel/ whatever else haha.
Card09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:40 PM #62
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I pay for almost everything (All my gear, split paint). I'm 16 with a part time job, and when I go paintballing my dad will give me a small amount of money to cover costs (usually about $15.) This gets me into the field and maybe gets me a few tank fills. The rest (paint, gas, food) I pay for myself. So, once I move off to college, I'll pay for all my stuff, but for now I'm pretty much splitting. My dad plays paintball, too, so costs get cheaper when he goes, but usually I go with friends. The difference is, I don't expect a free ride. I'm not a spoiled child, and I bought every piece of gear I own, and I work my tail off for money for paint and air. So, don't expect a free ride! Your parents already feed you and do your laundry and who knows what else!
Noah

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:58 PM #63
Irish916
eThug

Irish916 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwldr View Post
My son and I both play. I pay for everything but we own a lot of land and several rental properties. When its time to cut grass or clean up and work on a property that someone moved out of I don't want to hear no pouting about it. He also better have good grades. He's 16 and has 1 year of school left before he moves off to college or military. I don't mind paying since since I can. Just do your part when its time. Piss me off and cry about working around the properties and see where that gets you.
Much like my dad. I got a part time job reffing when I was 15 and did the basic things expected of me at home. From there he helped me when I was short on money, drove me to practice, watched my tournaments from the sidelines, etc. Basically giving me a push to help myself but not letting me fall when I needed help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef View Post
My dad pays for everything, I'm very lucky.
Count your blessings. Make the most of this time. If I were you I get a solid set up and from that point put every dollar to paint to improve your playing skill.