Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-03-2014, 06:36 PM #1
K3wlerHD

Dorito Tips

Changing from a snake player to a dorito player now that we have a new amazing snake player on the team. Any tips?
K3wlerHD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2014, 06:46 PM #2
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
A good one is that it is pretty easy to get lazy hunkering down in a Dorito, but you should never sit on your butt or knees. I'm personally not on a team, but I play a lot of speedball, and no matter how much it burns to be squatting super low, it's worth it to have some extra maneuverability, as well as the ability to just launch to the next bunker without having to get up first.

Also, angle your hopper at the same angle as the Dorito is. That will help to keep your gun flush to the bunker, reducing the chances of cross field shots on you.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:24 PM #3
K3wlerHD

Thank you for the tips, Simi Baller, but I've never got lazing hunkering down in a dorito, nor have I ever sat on my butt or knees. haha. I also already knew about angling my hopper. lol, but seriously though, thanks for trying man! If you have any better tips to share, much would be appreciated!
Old 10-03-2014, 08:02 PM #4
tyskidmore3
Thats not my name

tyskidmore3 plays in the PSP
tyskidmore3 helped look for balloons
tyskidmore3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
tyskidmore3 supports DLX Technology
Dominate your tape and go down the field, always with your gun up. You can shoot your way into your next spot on the dorito side. When you go down the field with your gun up it allows you to get free kills from players not looking and sometimes you can clip the guy shooting at you as you move. Learn to play tight when there is a snake presence, one thing that makes a great dorito player is the ability to stay alive if you are getting pinched out by the snake player on the other team.
Exalt, Virtue Spire,Pbnation
Diamond Hill Paintball Park
tyskidmore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:12 PM #5
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3wlerHD View Post
Thank you for the tips, Simi Baller, but I've never got lazing hunkering down in a dorito, nor have I ever sat on my butt or knees. haha. I also already knew about angling my hopper. lol, but seriously though, thanks for trying man! If you have any better tips to share, much would be appreciated!
Haha I don't have much to give, just figured I'd point out what I've seen plenty of players at my field do wrong.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:20 AM #6
K3wlerHD

Last edited by K3wlerHD : 10-04-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:21 AM #7
K3wlerHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi Baller View Post

Haha I don't have much to give, just figured I'd point out what I've seen plenty of players at my field do wrong.
Haha alrighty! Again, thank you for trying to help, it means a lot!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:23 AM #8
K3wlerHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyskidmore3 View Post
Dominate your tape and go down the field, always with your gun up. You can shoot your way into your next spot on the dorito side. When you go down the field with your gun up it allows you to get free kills from players not looking and sometimes you can clip the guy shooting at you as you move. Learn to play tight when there is a snake presence, one thing that makes a great dorito player is the ability to stay alive if you are getting pinched out by the snake player on the other team.
Thank you!
Old 10-04-2014, 10:27 PM #9
Kirko017

Kirko017 plays in the PSP
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
Kirko017 plays in the APPA D4 division
Pretty common sense, but keep your hopper tucked in.
Don't get tunnel vision on their snake player.
Easy rule to follow is, if their snake guy is in S2, you should be in D2 or further. If he's in S3, you should be in D3, etc.. Don't let him get to S3, and trap you cross field at D1. Easy way to lose the game unless you can sink a lucky shot on him...
And the biggest mistake I see people don't do. Always run n gun to the dorito side, you never, ever, ever, ever, ever run gun down otb.

Last edited by Kirko017 : 10-04-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Kirko017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:02 PM #10
K3wlerHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirko017 View Post
Pretty common sense, but keep your hopper tucked in.
Don't get tunnel vision on their snake player.
Easy rule to follow is, if their snake guy is in S2, you should be in D2 or further. If he's in S3, you should be in D3, etc.. Don't let him get to S3, and trap you cross field at D1. Easy way to lose the game unless you can sink a lucky shot on him...
And the biggest mistake I see people don't do. Always run n gun to the dorito side, you never, ever, ever, ever, ever run gun down otb.
Haha thanks for the tips man! I already always run and gun to dorito side. I also already keep my hopper tucked in
Old 10-05-2014, 01:33 AM #11
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I typically play D-side when I play speedball (I'm a 60-40 split, woods to airball), and I swear most of the eliminations I get on my mirror is when they move up. Make sure when you move up you check everything thoroughly and have your back men keep your mirror laned.

Play tight and low, and make sure you know what part of you is exposed at all times.
Watch their snake, he can do some damage if you're not paying attention.
The back players usually can't lock you down in D1 and D2 too much if there's a big carwash or temple at the center 50, so you're fairly set for that, but keep your eyes open.

The key thing on D-side is not to let your vision get tunneled, like Kirko017 said. If you keep your eyes open and situational awareness, you can do a lot of damage from your side and still keep moving up without getting locked down.

Keep your fundamentals (I see you're good with "lazy-hopper syndrome" and playing low) and tack on an extra ounce of situational awareness and you'll be a boss.
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:48 AM #12
WhiteNMild

WhiteNMild owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dorito **** to work on...

Moving and shooting, in the Doritos you will be on your feet almost 100% of the time. Get great, not good, at moving and shooting.

Doritos are just like the snake, look at the layout, know what shots you have from where, you don't always have to be all up in the bunker. Stay alive also, Doritos tend to be an island for people, so you may be on your own more often than before.

Also, good drill. Have your other Dorito players start in d1, you do the same. It's a race to the 50, have a snake player on each s1 or s2 one balling you to keep you honest.

Lastly, work on communication, coming from the snake you typically couldn't see ****. Now you have a wider view of what's going and you'll need to be letting people know.

Good luck man.
WhiteNMild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:05 PM #13
davito

Well since you already know every tip you've received :-) I'll give you a few more that I bet you know
Shoot accurately. Practice snap shooting. Work on shooting with both hands equally.
I am now subscribing in case you get new tips that no one knows already
davito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:15 PM #14
Ryn_Droma

Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends VII
I also was a snake player that went to doritos, there isn't much different to know/learn/do. It's mostly the same skills, but with a better field of vision.

Look for those shots where you can back off the dorito and drop in on snake side's back player. I notice a lot of people are great at playing on the dorito bunker, but never consider playing 5 feet or so off of it. That said, don't be afraid to make sweet sweet love to that dorito.

Change your height position for snapping, low/mid/high. You have more options than a snake player, use them.

Keep your snake man alive, he's keeping you from being drilled in the side of the head by their snake player.

IMO, playing snake is often about being a sneaky little bastard that pops up where you don't expect. Playing doritos is about making fast moves up the field, often being seen to draw pressure off the snake which allows your snake player to make moves.

If you can't shoot with either hand already, learn it now.

There's no coaching on the dorito side, just your communication with your teammates to keep you informed. Also makes it easier to bump.
Ryn_Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:50 PM #15
floods
Ph 4:12

floods plays in the PSP
floods owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
floods plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryn_Droma View Post
There's no coaching on the dorito side, just your communication with your teammates to keep you informed. Also makes it easier to bump.
This is huge. Most snake players have a coach to "joystick" them along while their head is in the dirt, but communication on the d-side is much more important. Chemistry between you and your back is crucial, and you've got a lot more information to process quickly since you're relying on your back, center, and what you're seeing/feeling to make decisions.

Great call on playing off of your bunker in dead spots as well as getting lean back shots.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:39 PM #16
VSportsGuy

Annual Supporting Member
VSportsGuy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
VSportsGuy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
VSportsGuy supports DLX Technology
Most teams and layouts will play 2 on the d side. The front d-side player has the least amount of information of anyone on the field. The best piece of advice I can give is to make the #2 on the d-side your personal coach.

Set up a line of communication with him and have him constantly talking to you. If he's not talking to you, start asking him questions. "How many g's, where is their snake player". Information should be coming from the snake side or sideline coaches across the field to the d-back player, and then to you. Vice versa if you want to relay something to the snake side.

The two people on the d-side have to have the best communication on the team. Snake side players don't even have to speak with coaches in their ears all game.
VSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:16 AM #17
TrixLCDLuver
Gun Roller PB

TrixLCDLuver plays in the PSP
TrixLCDLuver plays in the APPA D5 division
#1 communication #2 gun always up #3 look for shots on the bump when possible
Philippians 4:13
TrixLCDLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:05 PM #18
PB&S
Gerrard Wielder of Ego

Lots of angles in and angles out. Tons of shooting lanes typically from a Dorito.

Original Feedback
PB&S is offline   Reply With Quote