PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-05-2014, 08:28 PM #1
BorderPaintball2
Tater salad

BorderPaintball2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Made a tournament paintball team, need help with bunker names

Like title states, made a tournament paintball team with some of the local players at my field and a good amount have skill/potential but communication is not there due to lack of knowledge of bunker names.

We were use to just calling out back left, back center , back right. Instead of left aztec, home , d-2

I know it would help out alot if we knew the exact name of the bunkers to increase communication. So my question is there a place where I can get an image of a bunker with the bunker name so my team could study them?

Also any tips for a new team are welcomed as to running drills to increase communication which I believe is the only thing my team lacks.
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2014, 09:34 PM #2
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If none of your team knows the (I won't say correct since they are subjective) accepted terms for all the relative bunkers, why not have some fun with it and come up with your own names? It might confuse other teams you play against, which could be a plus.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:13 PM #3
BorderPaintball2
Tater salad

BorderPaintball2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
That is not a bad tip. Thanks
Old 10-07-2014, 08:55 AM #4
simonbarsinistr
NW paintball=DBS!

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
simonbarsinistr plays in the APPA D3 division
simonbarsinistr is Legendary
Instead of back left or back right, we'd usually count the back line from left to right. So 1, 2, 3, maybe 4 if there's four along the back line.
simonbarsinistr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:06 PM #5
Rambo is coming 4 u

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbarsinistr View Post
Instead of back left or back right, we'd usually count the back line from left to right. So 1, 2, 3, maybe 4 if there's four along the back line.
^ This is how my team did it, using numbers for first 2 rows of bunkers. Makes it very quick and easy for side line help to quickly call out the opposing team's positions.
Buckeye Ballaz Club #3
Rambo is coming 4 u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:13 PM #6
PB&S
Gerrard Wielder of Ego

Here is a method I used back in the day, not very fast, but easy to remember:

Look at the dial pad on a phone, 1-9. 1,2,3 are your opponent's back bunkers, 4,5,6 their mid, 7,8,9 is the half-way or "50". This divides the field into thirds. If a bunker falls between 1 and 2 it becomes 12 (twelve), 5 and 6 becomes 56 (fifty-six), 4 and 7 becomes 47 (forty-seven).

The positioning will not give you a precise location of a player, it is more an area. This will help you locate opposing players. You can yell "45 dorito!", and that will be an exact location.

For memory purposes print out the dial pad and stick it in on the back of everyone's hoppers.

Original Feedback

Last edited by PB&S : 10-17-2014 at 06:16 PM.
PB&S is offline   Reply With Quote