Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-15-2011, 05:14 PM #43
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

xXBloodLustACXx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusylver View Post
Wouldn't it work if the op could change the title them self? Once the item sells they change the title to sold/delete then a mod could simply delete the post.
Can you currently change titles after you post a thread? I'm assuming no based on your suggestion, but I've never actually tried.

I would advise against letting people change their titles just in case they try to pull some mischief... say, scam someone and then alter the thread entirely to get rid of all the evidence... same argument against letting users delete their own threads, I just don't think it's a good idea. However, a simple "SOLD" icon that appears next to the original thread name has no potential negative effects as far as I can see.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2011, 06:46 PM #44
L8r_H8r
Timers are ready

L8r_H8r supports our troops
L8r_H8r supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBloodLustACXx View Post
Can you currently change titles after you post a thread? I'm assuming no based on your suggestion, but I've never actually tried.

I would advise against letting people change their titles just in case they try to pull some mischief... say, scam someone and then alter the thread entirely to get rid of all the evidence... same argument against letting users delete their own threads, I just don't think it's a good idea. However, a simple "SOLD" icon that appears next to the original thread name has no potential negative effects as far as I can see.
That is exaclty why we're not allowed to edit our own titles.

Shocker Owners
L8r_H8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:38 AM #45
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
If you look at that picture, it is NOT the title that is in the drop down menu, but what looks to be where the item is being sold (US48, US50, CA, NA, UK, EUR, AUS, Asia, Global) then the options of Sold, Traded, Withdrawn. Basically, it would be like changing the title smilies. I don't see how changing that part could scam someone. If you changed it from NA to EUR and said you can't ship, then simple return of money would be in order. Not exactly like advertising it as mint, then changing it to used after the money is received.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:42 AM #46
viperashes
DON'T GIVE A ****

viperashes is Legendary
viperashes is attending Decay of Nations VII
I've actually found a simple solution to this. I frequent M4Carbine.net, which is a forum also written on vBulletin code. THe "BST" section there has a dropdown menu for WTB, WTS, WTS/WTT, WTT, and SOLD which is user editable.

The admin over there encourage people to leave the thread as is for reference of going prices for future buyers/sellers, and allow users of the Equipment Exchange aka BST, to edit the prefix on the thread.

The code is available within vBulletin, it's just a matter of implementing the change. I think it would produce positive results.

"**** it. You only live once. You can't take your money with you, so spend it on **** you want. You can't take your **** with you, so make sure you break it before you leave." - Me

Lefties make it looser
viperashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:03 AM #47
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBloodLustACXx View Post
So, my question is thus... what's with the hold-up?!

Mods, I know you can't do much more than move these suggestions along to those who operate the site, but why does it take so long to implement simple, useful changes?
This is one of the largest forums on the internet and it has tons of custom coding. We aren't on the latest version of vbulletin. We also have limited resources when implementing things like this so there's a long list of things ahead. Just have to be patient.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Kolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:14 AM #48
viperashes
DON'T GIVE A ****

viperashes is Legendary
It is a valid suggestion. There have been leaps and bounds in the overall streamlining of the site especially recently. I see big things in PbNations future, including this suggestion, but I agree, I'm sure there are far more significant things to worry about.

"**** it. You only live once. You can't take your money with you, so spend it on **** you want. You can't take your **** with you, so make sure you break it before you leave." - Me

Lefties make it looser
Old 07-18-2011, 11:07 AM #49
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
This is one of the largest forums on the internet and it has tons of custom coding. We aren't on the latest version of vbulletin. We also have limited resources when implementing things like this so there's a long list of things ahead. Just have to be patient.
Understandable. So this is something that will probably happen then?

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Naumoff42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:08 PM #50
Bunk3rKing
Shens!

Annual Supporting Member
Bunk3rKing plays in the PSP
Bunk3rKing owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bunk3rKing is a top reviewer
Bunk3rKing is Boss
very good idea
Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 PM #51
rivrfreak
Power is Precision

rivrfreak plays in the PSP
rivrfreak owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
rivrfreak supports Bob Gurnsey
rivrfreak supports our troops
What if they just made a post icon that says "sold" on it? Such as the arrow, winky face, question mark in a circle, & thumbs up post icons? Then it could be changed whenever and I think that's plenty heads up that the thread item is gone gone gone!

ChicagoAggressive
rivrfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:19 AM #52
viperashes
DON'T GIVE A ****

viperashes is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperashes View Post
I've actually found a simple solution to this. I frequent M4Carbine.net, which is a forum also written on vBulletin code. THe "BST" section there has a dropdown menu for WTB, WTS, WTS/WTT, WTT, and SOLD which is user editable.

The admin over there encourage people to leave the thread as is for reference of going prices for future buyers/sellers, and allow users of the Equipment Exchange aka BST, to edit the prefix on the thread.

The code is available within vBulletin, it's just a matter of implementing the change. I think it would produce positive results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
Be patient guys. There have already been plenty of suggestions. There are changes coming, I'm sure, but we all have to chill and be patient.

Lefties make it looser
Old 07-23-2011, 08:11 PM #53
jaey226

good idea
jaey226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:53 AM #54
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

bummmmmp.

DaLuxe Mob

Old 07-08-2012, 03:09 AM #55
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
not sure if anyone else offered this, but why not let the buyer activate the sold button?

Someone who buys the gun will go to the top of the thread and hit the sold button.

Seller has to then verify this.

If yes, then thread is locked.

If no, then thread's up, nothing changed.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:41 AM #56
Switch462
Two

Switch462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Switch462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
That is just an additional step. The seller would have to confirm it anyways so just leave it in the sellers hands. The buyer won't be effected by a thread left open anyways.

Alternatively/additionally, there could be a delete post option so that there is less clutter on search options and gives pbnation more space.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:03 AM #57
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

xXBloodLustACXx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
not sure if anyone else offered this, but why not let the buyer activate the sold button?

Someone who buys the gun will go to the top of the thread and hit the sold button.

Seller has to then verify this.

If yes, then thread is locked.

If no, then thread's up, nothing changed.
Here's how I'd do it.

Have the seller activate the sold button - at this point, the thread is displayed clearly as "PENDING."

Once the buyer receives the item, he activates the button and the thread is marked as "SOLD" and it becomes locked and archived. This cannot be undone without the assistance of a mod (just in case).

Only after both parties have done this can they leave feedback for each other. This ensures people will want to follow the procedure.

They should want to anyway, though - the seller should want to get the thread out of his hair and the buyer should want to make sure the item actually becomes his.

Plus, by archiving these threads immediately, the forum remains uncluttered and searches get faster.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:38 AM #58
jtcrowder49

jtcrowder49 is an NCPA player
jtcrowder49 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
jtcrowder49 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jtcrowder49 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Easy way to resolve this. When feedback is left by the buyer and seller, sold icon pops up. This would only be effective for single item threads though.

DO NOT DEAL WITH GUNDOPAINTBALL!!!!
jtcrowder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:32 PM #59
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcrowder49 View Post
Easy way to resolve this. When feedback is left by the buyer and seller, sold icon pops up. This would only be effective for single item threads though.
the automated problem is the each BST forum can have threads with multiple items in it (not just gearbag forum).
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:18 AM #60
severepaintball
Empire Mini

severepaintball is for the Gunfight
severepaintball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
really good idea
severepaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:32 PM #61
Nite_Reaper
BG Battalion

Nite_Reaper is playing at Living Legends V
Nite_Reaper has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Nite_Reaper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Nite_Reaper is attending Decay of Nations VI
Awesome Idea!

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for any amount, up to and including their life. - Unknown
Nite_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:03 PM #62
Scatlm
equilibrium

Whenever items are sold just go back to the listing and edit the price to say "SOLD" in red n bolded. Problem solved.
Scatlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:48 PM #63
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatlm View Post
Whenever items are sold just go back to the listing and edit the price to say "SOLD" in red n bolded. Problem solved.
No, the problem isn't solved. The whole point of this is to make it easier for interested buyers to see that the item is already sold without clicking into the thread. Simply changing the price wouldn't change anything.

I'd like to hear from a mod about this again. It can't be that hard to implement a new icon into the system

DaLuxe Mob