Old 11-14-2012, 10:20 AM #64
invertpball22
invertpball22

invertpball22 is playing at Living Legends III
invertpball22 supports Team VICIOUS
invertpball22 is for the Gunfight
invertpball22 supports Sherwood Forest
Make sure you know how to cheat because everyone there does it

IF ANYONE HAS A AN 08 EGO OR DM8 PM ME!!!
invertpball22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 11:15 AM #65
illikilla
Leo

illikilla plays in the PSP
illikilla plays in the APPA D4 division
illikilla supports DLX Technology
Feedback from Friday 11/09/12:

-- Off the bat LATE start! Field was setup for rec play I guess and the workers were changing it for Advanced Play. I don't have a problem with that, but if it eats into my time that is already shortened compared to last year, which was $30-35 for 4 hours and now basically same price for ONLY 2 hours, I do have a problem with that. This alone is a HUGE turn off.

++HUGE crowd plenty of people. Demand is there.

-- Employees not really working, but gearing up and playing with customers. I do not know how this makes sense as a business. There was no clear control of the crowd. Plenty of IDIOTS lifting their mask after points and no real reprimand for doing it. As an ADVANCED group all safety precautions should be understood and there should be ZERO Tolerance. The lifting masks thing really pissed me off because you have kids and I mean YOUNG kids coming over to watch after their soccer time excited to see the "cool" kids shooting at each other. And that is the example people give them? Unacceptable!!!

--- ORGANIZATION! By this I mean there needs to be some kind of organized system so that all the points are not some cluster F--- of 10v10 or 8v8. Last year I saw this place as a perfect supplement for team practice 5v5 and quick turn around times. I think something like they do in the NPPL Pro Division would work quite well to get people equal play time and keep the games in a more realistic format. The field is small enough already when they can not get the approval to do the full size field.

+++ AIR was filling to damn near 4500 all night. I think that is a major plus for many people using spoolies out there including me.

--- Something you have no control over. BUT some people had major attitude problems. If you seriously think you are some kind of GOD in reball then you need to seek mental help. AND if you are planning on attending these sessions and I am there you can take it to the bank that I will call you out on it. HARRISON COHEN is the person this is about. For some reason he thinks it is ok and makes him some kind of man to overshoot someone's hand when they are putting it out there to eliminate themselves. No it was not the normal overshoot where you barely see the hand come out. The hand was out and he deliberately kept shooting his hand and the other guy took it like a champ.

-+-+- Someone mentioned cheating. And that is going to happen. If you are going thinking people are not going to cheat then I am sorry to tell you that you are not going to be happy with the amount of cheating that goes on. I for one am ok with people cheating. If that is what you have to do to have some fun then by all means do it. IT WILL NOT MAKE YOU BETTER!!! By cheating you are doing yourself more of an injustice than the opposing player. You need to understand how you got shot and reflect on the mistake you made to increase your skill level. Watching people cheat is just plain HILARIOUS!!! So factor that in as part of an entertainment fee when attending these sessions.

So as you can see in my eyes there is plenty of room for improvement, but if this is going to be the new way of how things are ran for this facility then I will not be attending. Last year was a far better product as far as how things were ran than what I saw last week. I can only assume things may have been different with Spartan there but that should not be the case from a business standpoint.

illikilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 AM #66
veener79
eNVee

veener79 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
veener79 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Will say for the class before the Ref's are very good about the masks. Last week they made a kid sit out after giving him a warning.

Proud to call the Badlandz home
www.thebadlandz.com

Loving the paintball community and team I am on.
veener79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:38 AM #67
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
Tweaky owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Tweaky supports Team VICIOUS
Tweaky plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by illikilla View Post

-- Off the bat LATE start! Field was setup for rec play I guess and the workers were changing it for Advanced Play. I don't have a problem with that, but if it eats into my time that is already shortened compared to last year, which was $30-35 for 4 hours and now basically same price for ONLY 2 hours, I do have a problem with that. This alone is a HUGE turn off.

-- Employees not really working, but gearing up and playing with customers. I do not know how this makes sense as a business. There was no clear control of the crowd. Plenty of IDIOTS lifting their mask after points and no real reprimand for doing it. As an ADVANCED group all safety precautions should be understood and there should be ZERO Tolerance. The lifting masks thing really pissed me off because you have kids and I mean YOUNG kids coming over to watch after their soccer time excited to see the "cool" kids shooting at each other. And that is the example people give them? Unacceptable!!!

--- ORGANIZATION! By this I mean there needs to be some kind of organized system so that all the points are not some cluster F--- of 10v10 or 8v8. Last year I saw this place as a perfect supplement for team practice 5v5 and quick turn around times. I think something like they do in the NPPL Pro Division would work quite well to get people equal play time and keep the games in a more realistic format. The field is small enough already when they can not get the approval to do the full size field.

+++ AIR was filling to damn near 4500 all night. I think that is a major plus for many people using spoolies out there including me.

--- Something you have no control over. BUT some people had major attitude problems. If you seriously think you are some kind of GOD in reball then you need to seek mental help. AND if you are planning on attending these sessions and I am there you can take it to the bank that I will call you out on it. HARRISON COHEN is the person this is about. For some reason he thinks it is ok and makes him some kind of man to overshoot someone's hand when they are putting it out there to eliminate themselves. No it was not the normal overshoot where you barely see the hand come out. The hand was out and he deliberately kept shooting his hand and the other guy took it like a champ.

-+-+- Someone mentioned cheating. And that is going to happen. If you are going thinking people are not going to cheat then I am sorry to tell you that you are not going to be happy with the amount of cheating that goes on. I for one am ok with people cheating. If that is what you have to do to have some fun then by all means do it. IT WILL NOT MAKE YOU BETTER!!! By cheating you are doing yourself more of an injustice than the opposing player. You need to understand how you got shot and reflect on the mistake you made to increase your skill level. Watching people cheat is just plain HILARIOUS!!! So factor that in as part of an entertainment fee when attending these sessions.

So as you can see in my eyes there is plenty of room for improvement, but if this is going to be the new way of how things are ran for this facility then I will not be attending. Last year was a far better product as far as how things were ran than what I saw last week. I can only assume things may have been different with Spartan there but that should not be the case from a business standpoint.
I don't mind you calling me out over PAINTBALL NATION. But it is wierd that you will not say anything at the field. As far as over shooting, I have no reason to shoot someone in reball, personally using a gun that is shooting sub 240. When no one is yelling game over, I shoot at whatever I can see. You were right there and I didn't hear you say anything. "Game over". I do apologize for shooting whoever it was in the hand, but when you are ramping and pull the trigger twice, that's 6 balls that will be coming out of the gun. It was not malicious, in anyway and I do apologize.

And if you go on Facebook, Leo, you can see the video of the one on one, and what the hand looked like coming out of he bunker. No one yelled I'm out, or the game was over.

PS: we were the ones setting up the field for the advanced games, because it was super messed up from the beginner games.

Last edited by Tweaky : 11-14-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Tweaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:57 AM #68
illikilla
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaky View Post
I don't mind you calling me out over PAINTBALL NATION. But it is wierd that you will not say anything at the field. As far as over shooting, I have no reason to shoot someone in reball, personally using a gun that is shooting sub 240. When no one is yelling game over, I shoot at whatever I can see. You were right there and I didn't hear you say anything. "Game over". I do apologize for shooting whoever it was in the hand, but when you are ramping and pull the trigger twice, that's 6 balls that will be coming out of the gun. It was not malicious, in anyway and I do apologize.

And if you go on Facebook, Leo, you can see the video of the one on one, and what the hand looked like coming out of he bunker. No one yelled I'm out, or the game was over.
Honestly buddy. It might have played out a little different from your perspective. But I know what I saw and I know the attitude you had that night. I am not going to confront some kid with an arrogant attitude. I only see bad on top of bad coming from it. And you are right I was right there my focus was on you more than him during the one on one keeping people honest. I told you when it happened if that is how you want to do things then I will give you the same treatment. I said my piece and walked away. 240FPS reballs at close range to the hand is not the same as actual paint. He did not complain about it, but no matter who it is I stand up for all the players out there. If there is a video send me a link and I will take a gander.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 PM #69
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
Quote:
Honestly buddy. It might have played out a little different from your perspective. But I know what I saw and I know the attitude you had that night. I am not going to confront some kid with an arrogant attitude. I only see bad on top of bad coming from it. And you are right I was right there my focus was on you more than him during the one on one keeping people honest. I told you when it happened if that is how you want to do things then I will give you the same treatment. I said my piece and walked away. 240FPS reballs at close range to the hand is not the same as actual paint. He did not complain about it, but no matter who it is I stand up for all the players out there. If there is a video send me a link and I will take a gander.
What do you mean when you say how you would like to do things? Does that mean that I accidentally shot someone's arm, more than once, that you are going to overshoot me? On purpose?? I don't recall you saying anything and then walking away. I was joking around with friends of mine all night, no arrogance or anything, just joking around, I apologize if you have taken it personally. To me, it seems like you saw his hand out of the bunker, reguardless if you were looking at me the rest of the time. So if that was the case then you could have said game over, because apparently it was clear to you that he was out.

Last edited by Tweaky : 11-14-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 PM #70
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
I have no reason to over shoot any player ever, this was recball, at a reball field playing 10v10, lol what reason would I have to over shoot someone? In a 1v1 you are snap shooting, and whenever there is something that you can hit that is out of the bunker, you are most likely going to shoot it.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM #71
illikilla
Leo

This is my last post on this topic. One tip is gather your thoughts then make a post. Constantly editing makes responding cumbersome.

YES that is what I meant when I said if that is how you want to do things I will do the same. It was NOT an accidental overshooting because I know that happens all the time on ramping. You laid into him and he took it. I am positive you heard me say what I said and your response was I had 5 guys on me WOOOOOO! oh yea how did LSD do at cup? (arrogant tone!) I walked away. Why get into it and escalate the situation. You have every right to defend yourself and like we all know there are 3 sides to any story. I am not making or taking it personal if I had I would have laid into you from where I stood right next to you which apparently is no big deal its only reballs at 240FPS. as you would say LOL, right? It happened and its over.

You are young and even if you are not aware younger kids will look up to you carry your self as a role model at all times and set a good example.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 PM #72
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
I ref at a field, I am involved in paintball and with younger players. I do set an example and I know that many people look up to us. Sorry for editing my posts lol. My remarks only fueled by your cockiness towards your team. (I have no problem with LSD) Another one being "ill shoot you in the face". I don't really know what you are reffing to about the five guys thing? I might have said that about having many people against me, but that not being towards you in any way. And yes I was happy for winning the game, as far as setting a good example, I don't think that posting up here that you will obershoot me, for an accidental overshooting, is setting a good example. I'm not saying that shooting the recalls at that speed is no bit deal, it just seems kinda ludacris for anyone to really overshoot on purpose. I'm not here to call anyone out online, but I am sure that you and LSD played 100% perfect in all regards! Thank you for that, and I apologize for the mistake that I made.

Just seems like the original post that you made, was not necessary on this thread, that it was a direct call out to me. Which I would think that if you wouldn't say anything at the field, that you would send me a pm, or even a text considering you have a my number.

Last edited by Tweaky : 11-14-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:05 PM #73
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
As far as the overshooting is conserved, still a little curious as to why you didn't yell "game over". That question was not answered for me for some reason in the last post that you made?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:19 PM #74
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
Anyway, to the individual that I shot, I apologize for overshooting. It was not meant on purpose and not meant to be malicious. It was a heat of the moment thing, and was not sure if you were calling yourself out. Sorry for our discussion taking up this thread. What is over is over, and lets get the focus back on this Friday!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM #75
illikilla
Leo

So that you are satisfied about the "game over" over call. I am pretty sure most people would say a 1 on 1 and one of them stick their hand out to call themselves out does not require a yelling of game over. All eyes were watching to see who won. If I am the only one to voice what happened then so be it.

Not sure about my cockiness towards my team we did not even have a full line there. And I am sure I said I will shoot you in the face. Was that before or after the overshooting or was it when your mask was lifted? Great example as a ref. Me posting here that I will do in-kind as others do is no display of maturity or setting a good example. It is a display of do unto others or action/reaction or form of consequence. I do say the "shoot you in the face" thing a lot when people lift their mask no doubt about it. If one gets shot in the face they would perhaps not lift their mask again until they are in a safe zone. I would never do it, but one would think human nature would make the person think hmmmmm I got shot in the face before because I lifted my mask maybe I shouldn't do that again? I have no issue with it really it is your face your eyes do with them as you please. But as humans many younger ones have a monkey see monkey do kind of mentality. As soon as they see you lift your mask with no consequence then they do the same. If he can do I can do it too.

As it has been posted on here this whole reball thing is still on a trial basis it seems from the owners of that facility. So all it takes is one mistake and it is over for everyone. Even if I am not a fan of the current time frame and overcrowded games I fully support the growth and exposure potential this facility has to bring in new people to the sport.

I never once said the LSD guys there were perfect or never cheated. As I stated in my feedback post people are going to cheat. It is between them and their conscience.

If you think me calling you out on here is childish that is completely fine you are entitled to your opinion. But you do not need to keep texting me about it. And following everything you say with LOL or hahaha tells me its no big deal.

What is done is done and over. Time to move on and learn from these kind of situations. If you wish to feel malice towards me so be it. I stated my opinions and thoughts for all to see. I hold nothing against you and a new day brings a fresh start.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 PM #76
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
I am in complete agreement with you about monkey see monkey do. But if you are going to overshoot me and shoot me in the face, that's what the younger begginers are going to do. As far as the cockiness it was not only that night, including times before when we have conversed. But I think that calling me out was a problem that you have with the me and not needed to be put on this forum. The whole calling game over thing, is just that if you really don't want someone to get overshot, then you should prolly call the game over, but that's me, and that goes for every single game. Not just that instance. As far as everyone else, you were with, it's easier to call me out, as oppsed to Someone you were with and associated with. Just saying, I have no problems with you just don't appreciate how you went about this. Could have been done without posting on a public forum.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:55 PM #77
The_Leech
Tell me I'm pretty.

The_Leech is playing at Living Legends VI
The_Leech plays in the APPA beginner division
The_Leech has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The_Leech supports Empire
Quote:

Jeeze, sorry to hear that, buddy. Its a pity i've moved onto another career path or I wouldn't let that **** happen, and we all know spartan is all class as well. Hopefully this friday will be better and you will be happier. You've been a customer since I had originally pushed to start Team Practice, and I really valued your input.

I support the CHICAGO HERETICS
The_Leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 AM #78
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks for the feedback. I've been out of the state for a few weeks and Sean and Christoph have been holding it down. Its good to hear how things go when I am not around.
Quote:

-- Off the bat LATE start! Field was setup for rec play I guess and the workers were changing it for Advanced Play. I don't have a problem with that, but if it eats into my time that is already shortened compared to last year, which was $30-35 for 4 hours and now basically same price for ONLY 2 hours, I do have a problem with that. This alone is a HUGE turn off..
I'm with you on this. Sometimes we get a little behind if we have to anchor some bunkers (if they look good on set-up but even the regular open players are moving them, we have to make them illikilla proof), but your time is shorter and we try to maximize it. I don't know why anything would have to be changed outright (and I have some other suspicions, too.) but we'll be ready on time this Friday.
Quote:
++HUGE crowd plenty of people. Demand is there..
Yay!
Quote:
-- Employees not really working, but gearing up and playing with customers. I do not know how this makes sense as a business. There was no clear control of the crowd. Plenty of IDIOTS lifting their mask after points and no real reprimand for doing it.
I don't mind my refs playing once in a while if I have it held down and one side or the other needs balancing, but if the job isn't getting done we need to be reffing. I'll admit that I myself haven't always been Johnny on the spot with masks when it comes to team practice, between games, because I've figured that advanced players know what they are doing, but you make a good point about spectators (plus, accidents do happen!) so we'll be more diligent about making sure the field is "dead" before any masks come off. I assume masks were being lifted on a live field.
Quote:
--- ORGANIZATION! By this I mean there needs to be some kind of organized system so that all the points are not some cluster F--- of 10v10 or 8v8. Last year I saw this place as a perfect supplement for team practice 5v5 and quick turn around times. I think something like they do in the NPPL Pro Division would work quite well to get people equal play time and keep the games in a more realistic format. The field is small enough already when they can not get the approval to do the full size field..
This is ongoing and we're trying a few formats out. We're still trying to figure out the best format for advanced open. Do we run it like regular open where we play everyone up to 10 v 10? Do we limit it to 5 v 5 or 7 v 7 and make people lose some time sitting (this is a "is this team practice or advanced open?" question, and we're trying to see what everyone wants more (Or a hybrid?)). I'm not sure what you mean about how the NPPL Pro Division runs thier program, talk to me about this next time you're there. I think I know what you are talking about, but I want to make sure).
Quote:
+++ AIR was filling to damn near 4500 all night. I think that is a major plus for many people using spoolies out there including me..
Good to hear, you can thank Sean for that.
Quote:
--- Something you have no control over. BUT some people had major attitude problems.
Yeah, unless it comes down to fisticuffs, not much we can do. If someone is being such a tool that they are ruining everyones experience, I can ask them to leave, but I don't like making that kind of subjective call. A tool to me could be totally normal to you.
Quote:
-+-+- Someone mentioned cheating. And that is going to happen...IT WILL NOT MAKE YOU BETTER!!!
I hate cheaters, but unfortunately unless I see it happen, I can't make the call. I have reffed PSP and NPPL long enough to know that sometimes what I thought I saw I didn't see, and what I didn't see, happened. This really falls on the player to have integrity. I hate getting shot out as much as the next guy, but if I get shot, I have to call myself out. Without integrity, this all falls apart. I've also noticed from last year when it was team practice, the players really resent getting called out. It isn't as big a problem with this format, but for team practice I had to consider that, hey, this is your practice, if that is how you want to practice, then who am I to interfere? But with it being Advanced open I don't feel as much ambiguity.
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:42 PM #79
ihop1

ihop1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
My first experience was a good one.my only gripe would be the turf blades and fibers in the ball bins.there failed attempt to clean the debris off the balls is not good enough as it only cleans the balls on top and that's it.there's gotta be a more
Effective way to do it.another thing is they ran out of balls and had to take a 10 min intermission which wouldn't be bad if we had more then 2 hr play time.
ihop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 PM #80
jonni13paint
$$$ CPX $$$

jonni13paint plays in the PSP
jonni13paint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jonni13paint owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jonni13paint posts videos on PbNation
who is all going tomorrow ?
EMPIRE / KEE

THERE IS A FAT KID ON EVERY PAINTBALL TEAM. IF YOU ARE THAT FAT KID, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG
HK Army
jonni13paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:44 PM #81
veener79
eNVee

veener79 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
veener79 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I am out. Hope to get there next week.

Proud to call the Badlandz home
www.thebadlandz.com

Loving the paintball community and team I am on.
veener79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 PM #82
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihop1 View Post
My first experience was a good one.my only gripe would be the turf blades and fibers in the ball bins...there's gotta be a more
Effective way to do it.
We've been trying to figure out an efficient, cost-effective way to do that for months! If you have a suggestion, I'm listening!
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:07 PM #83
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Is this a grown man arguing with a kid? Over paintball? Seriously?

I only read part of it but there was a 1 v 1 going on, a guy waived his hand out of his "bunker" and did not say a single word, the other player shot his hand while ramping.

First, damn kid, thats a good shot, a waiving hand 6 times.

Second, seriously? people waive their ****ing hand all the time in recball. Its kind of like a, can you hit it, can ya, can ya thing.

Third, you threatened to overshoot him? Because 2 wrong do make a right?

So let me get this straight, you are laying into this kid like you're his father because of his mistakes that he openly admits were on accident. That he openly apologizes for.... but at the same time, you are "threatening" to do the same thing?

Kid, if you are a kid and under 18. Let your Dad know that a grown adult is harassing you. Take him to the field and introduce him to your father, then let your father work that *****.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:43 PM #84
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
I will be there tonight!!!
ReplyRegional Ups