Old 04-03-2011, 06:20 PM #22
tniz

tniz owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tniz plays in the APPA D4 division
They need Catfish in the booth... that last flag hang was borderline short bus

"If a customer has an issue then we make it our business" ~~ Nicky T

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
If so, PM me, would like to buy it back
tniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:44 PM #23
lunacoma

I miss hearing Nicky T say "paintball massage" every time someone gets eliminated. He did a great job last year.
lunacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:00 PM #24
Doobie

Annual Supporting Member
Doobie is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Doobie supports our troops
Oh. My. God. Who trained that Color Guard? Hey, NPPL! Bring the West Point Color Guard or the Old Guard from Ft. Myer out there. I have seen better High School ROTC Color Guards. Ugh.

MASTER BLASTERS!
http://zodiacpb.com/
Honorary member of the 518 Brigade
http://fullclipusa.com
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:51 AM #25
hotdang

Matty and Todd is a good combo
hotdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:44 AM #26
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I had a great time watching the webcast for 8 hours yesterday

Hat's off to Matty, Todd, Chris, Rab and Nicky C who all excelled this weekend keeping things fresh and most of all promoting paintball to the masses!

Having commentated in the past it's a tougher gig than people think, especially when you factor in the length of time that you're commentating and the fact that you watch over 100 games on the same field layout, which although it assists with familiarity of possibilities etc, can easily get a little samey.

If someone like ESPN3 stays involved then i'd like to see at least some of the following happen:
- Coverage from all fields in the prelims. Really give an overview of the event and a chance for the lesser known teams to get their 15 seconds of fame.
- Ref cam. We need the ultimate to be mic'd up and willing to clarify calls directly after the game that they occured in.
- Feature segments. Let's explain to the viewers back home "what" a Pro's equipped consists of; what is a marker, what is a tank, what is a loader etc etc. The same could be applied to explain refs calls.
- More camera angles; the HB field layout played great so lets take advantage of that and at least get four corner cams up and running.
- Bunker cam: The paintball version of a zorb ball - get one of those crazy camera guys inside a bunker!!!!
- Stats person: sports fans LOVE the stats; lets get some confirmed kill counts attributed to players - player profiles etc etc.

All in all a great show and i'll definitely be tuning in, if i'm not there

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:34 AM #27
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
Since cussing is an issue with a lot of players, I don't see mic'ing up a ref possible, but I'm sure that depends on how sensitive the mic actually is. Either way, I agree with what you suggested, Nicky T. I was really wishing there was a dorito side camera.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:49 AM #28
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayforRelentless View Post
Since cussing is an issue with a lot of players, I don't see mic'ing up a ref possible, but I'm sure that depends on how sensitive the mic actually is. Either way, I agree with what you suggested, Nicky T. I was really wishing there was a dorito side camera.
If we have a webcast then a push to talk mic set-up on the head ref shouldn't be that much of a challenge

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 AM #29
tniz

tniz owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tniz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tniz plays in the APPA D4 division
My biggest problem with the webcast was the way the commentators could be heard while they had on the commercials or while they were doing sideline interviews. It was pretty bad when they would have players down there talking to Amy Scruggs, and you could hear Matty and Nicky Cuba laughing up in the booth about how she butchered their name.

"If a customer has an issue then we make it our business" ~~ Nicky T

Do you have a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
Do you know anyone with a custom milled '06 Pevs EGO with a Gruntbull Urban Digi-Camo Ano???
If so, PM me, would like to buy it back
tniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 AM #30
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
......If someone like ESPN3 stays involved then i'd like to see at least some of the following happen:.......
Missed ya a little on the cast.

Awesome ideas also, I think the PSP did some stuff a few years back where they had some pre-produced spots showing equipment, strategies, or explaining parts of the game. I don't know about a cameraman in a bunker though, I would rather see someone with a portable rig getting a few shots from the Dorito side.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:32 AM #31
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:

Hat's off to Matty, Todd, Chris, Rab and Nicky C who all excelled this weekend keeping things fresh and most of all promoting paintball to the masses!

Having commentated in the past it's a tougher gig than people think, especially when you factor in the length of time that you're commentating and the fact that you watch over 100 games on the same field layout, which although it assists with familiarity of possibilities etc, can easily get a little samey.

If someone like ESPN3 stays involved then i'd like to see at least some of the following happen:
- Coverage from all fields in the prelims. Really give an overview of the event and a chance for the lesser known teams to get their 15 seconds of fame.
- Ref cam. We need the ultimate to be mic'd up and willing to clarify calls directly after the game that they occured in.
- Feature segments. Let's explain to the viewers back home "what" a Pro's equipped consists of; what is a marker, what is a tank, what is a loader etc etc. The same could be applied to explain refs calls.
- More camera angles; the HB field layout played great so lets take advantage of that and at least get four corner cams up and running.
- Bunker cam: The paintball version of a zorb ball - get one of those crazy camera guys inside a bunker!!!!
- Stats person: sports fans LOVE the stats; lets get some confirmed kill counts attributed to players - player profiles etc etc.

I agree with every one of these ideas except for the 4 corner cams. Don't want to break 180 degree rule! But I love the ref mic. Just like an NFL Head Ref.

But, as Nicky well knows, each of his ideas has a cost involved, and success brings the means and opportunity to continue to add features which is why its important that we, as a community, pull together and put as many eyeballs on these broadcasts that we can. Be an ambassador and make your family and friends watch.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:49 AM #32
GreenStreetElite01
Dude, these are isotopes

GreenStreetElite01 plays in the PSP
GreenStreetElite01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GreenStreetElite01 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobie View Post
Oh. My. God. Who trained that Color Guard? Hey, NPPL! Bring the West Point Color Guard or the Old Guard from Ft. Myer out there. I have seen better High School ROTC Color Guards. Ugh.
Lol, I was watching this with my girlfriend and we were laughing at them the entire ten minutes they were fidgeting out there.

Great webcast though, I watched for hours through my Xbox so I was watching on a big screen rather than my laptop. Another big advantage was the new format speeding up the turnover between games. The "sets" kept things moving at a brisk pace, and as always Matty and his guest commentators were top notch.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:39 PM #33
fps_frank
just chill people

fps_frank owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fps_frank posts videos on PbNation
fps_frank is an NCPA player
fps_frank plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukassassin69 View Post
Add a little bit of Mr. Todd Martinez for a color commentator.
Honestly Todd had some great serious commentary and knew when he could throw in a bit of the short bus stuff. IMO Todd should be up there with Matty.

Russian Legion fan #1208
fps_frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:29 PM #34
Zinn
Aspiring gun whore

Zinn owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobie View Post
It was even worse seeing it in person.

Quote:

Watched the first two days on the ESPN3 webcast and was there for the Finals. to Matty & Co. Total agree with your points Nicky T.

As for the live commentators (non-ESPN3)...I could have done without the guy that sounded like Cheech Marin all day. It was so annoying hearing that guy. I would've left if not for the 1.5 hour drive to get there. I was missing the Matty & Co. commentary and hearing someone speak intelligently about paintaball.

Old school feedback thread

eBay Feedback
Zinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:52 PM #35
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
anyone one know who the annoying announcer was at the actual event?
contract*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:55 PM #36
Zinn
Aspiring gun whore

Zinn owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by contract*killa View Post
anyone one know who the annoying announcer was at the actual event?
The guy that sounded like Cheech? Think the red head guy from DC was calling him "Fig" or something like that. Those guys didn't even announce about half of the matches (who vs. who).

Old school feedback thread

eBay Feedback
Zinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 PM #37
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
Quote:

I definately agree with you!!
NPPL / ESPN, Keep up the good work, you're on the right track
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 PM #38
GrimReafer

GrimReafer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GrimReafer plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARBdaMan View Post
Lol I want to know who was controlling the "titles" for each player as they commentated with Marshall.

One of my favorites was.

Matty Marshall "2 Time world champion" vs. Scuba Steve Rabackoff "Retired player" LOL. Well I suppose when you walk away you can't take all of the titles with you-wait..Marshall aren't you retired?

I think Mr. announcer is sticking his hand in the title jar.
Lol, they had archie as achie on Friday. haha
2011 CFOA D5 Champions
2014 CFOA D4 Palmetto Open - 1st Place
Paintball Charleston - CFOA - RAZA - theChive
GrimReafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:03 AM #39
GrimReafer

GrimReafer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GrimReafer plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

Also, the NPPL should put together a kind of rule guide that they run in place of a commercial like every 15-30 mins.

ie- the ref signals and what they mean, info about the series(time, players, etc), maybe a ref interview tossed into the mix with the player interviews(we all know how crazy some of the refs out there are)

I liked the celebrity paintball games they did. Thought that was a great way to put someone that outsiders know into the game. Except maybe get Justin Bieber. At least there would be an extra 5000 15 year old girls running around. lol How much is spectator entry?
2011 CFOA D5 Champions
2014 CFOA D4 Palmetto Open - 1st Place
Paintball Charleston - CFOA - RAZA - theChive
GrimReafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:06 AM #40
John@MacDev

John@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
A skycam would be amazing! Could be a little questionable as far as giving away position, but that would be the end all be all. That and a couple parabolic mics for field audio. I just see this evolving into a very viable broadcast. Again, great job.

1-877-MACDEV1
support@macdev.net
John@MacDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:19 AM #41
Shock5
Shameless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinn View Post
The guy that sounded like Cheech? Think the red head guy from DC was calling him "Fig" or something like that. Those guys didn't even announce about half of the matches (who vs. who).
He was some "local surf legend". ****ing annoying as hell.
Shock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:41 AM #42
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReafer View Post
Also, the NPPL should put together a kind of rule guide that they run in place of a commercial like every 15-30 mins.

ie- the ref signals and what they mean, info about the series(time, players, etc), maybe a ref interview tossed into the mix with the player interviews(we all know how crazy some of the refs out there are)

I liked the celebrity paintball games they did. Thought that was a great way to put someone that outsiders know into the game. Except maybe get Justin Bieber. At least there would be an extra 5000 15 year old girls running around. lol How much is spectator entry?
I'd pay to shoot Bieber