Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-30-2011, 07:17 PM #1
Frikasee_J

Promaster solenoid trouble.

Just when I thought I had it all worked out. She's come a long way from being in the garbage pile, just a bit further and she'll be awesome. I'll keep it short. Everything is fixed except for a leak out of the solenoid. The air comes out of hole 5. A lot of air. The gun fires and everything, just with a huge leak. I'm scouring the internet and asking around, but I'm betting a lot of you know this gun/noid better than I do, and perhaps one of you has the answer. If so, please let me know.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2011, 07:49 PM #2
Viper588

has been a member for 10 years
not sure which hole is which but have you tried turning th LPR down? If the LPR is too high it will vent out the noid. Also i would try posting this at www.icd-owners.com...much bigger ICD crowd there.
Viper588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:38 PM #3
hansolo8221

I had a solenoid that would do that. I believe it is because the solenoid piston is getting stuck in the wrong spot, so when you air it up it just vents. I disassembled mine and lubed the piston a little, seemed to take care of the problem. There is a guide stickied in the Promaster forum over on ICDO. Follow it carefully, there are a lot of incredibly tiny parts inside the solenoid that will get lost easily; if that happens your solenoid will be basically useless.
hansolo8221 is offline   Reply With Quote