Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 11:48 AM #22
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer
 
monkeyballer099639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Redlands
Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_junkie187 View Post
And by the way, seeing as orgrown7 has typed everything in bold I cant help but assume he is actually Samuel L Jackson and yelling everything is just how he talks...
Haha!
__________________
IE Resistance
FUGO Pump


Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2011, 12:05 PM #23
pepformance
Pepper
 
pepformance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Peoria, IL / Columbia,MO
pepformance plays in the PSP
pepformance donated to help Peyton Trent
pepformance posts videos on PbNation
pepformance plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYTUCSON@DP View Post
http://www.propaintball.com/2011/03/...aintball-guns/

whether it be true or a rumor no less , i already defy this retarded proposal.i refuse to pay to have my tournement ready out of the box marker turn into a non legal tourney marker, especially when the marker is hundreds of $$$. nppl should just require a new nppl mode of fire thats capped at 15 and enforce it with radar guns, like 15 bps for example. just another way for the league and board manufacturer to **** us over for money. let me guess, chuck hendsh worked a deal with virtue , virtue will get tons of money for the newly required chip and the league president will get a percentage of each chip from virtue?

anyways , i can hit insane speeds on a g6r and victory , totally legal with my fingers, and i should be able to enjoy that factor because thats what i love doing , rippin faces to shreds. so post in here if you dont support this **** and want it shot out of the water. even if its just a rumor or pilot trial for hb , if enough of us post in opposition maybe they will get the hint to forget that **** dust in the wind
So many inaccurancys in your statement I gave up reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etannate777 View Post
What's to worry. If your fingers can hit the 15 bps cap legally, you shouldn't be worrying. Unless you're cheating
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsportracing View Post
I believe you are getting some things confused and ranting about two different issues. NPPL 2011 rules are now capped at 15bps in order to be compliant with insurance. Without insurance there wouldnt be paintball tournaments. Most markers that are used in tournament play can easily be capped at 15bps, so no issue there. They are coming up with a way to tell if someone is going over the 15bps rule. Either you just dont understand whats going on or you want to be a cheater? i think its great they are threatening to enforce the rules.
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgrown7 View Post
Have any of you thought about the "What if it were your marker" scenario??

Here is a hypothetical,

For whatever reason, the marker you were using was working just fine, untill a couple hours after the new device was installed by the Virtue technician. Tech says your board is fried.......... No one knows who's fault it is or what caused the malfunction.

How do you react??
Because a chip that records data in circuit is somehow going to fry your board? That defys most electrical theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
Does anyone know if they have released any photos of these board and how they sync with your current board? Virtue said that they have been used by Legion and Damage before and I am curious how they connect them to our guns.
no... because there is no new board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFlo87 View Post
Good lord.... how many pro players are in this thread complaining... C mon everybody is getting worked at something that as of yet isnt even targeted at ya. take a few deep breaths.. let the keyboard warrior in ya calm down and see how HB goes. itll all be fine..
Exactly, typical nation *****ing by people it does not affect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverclan View Post
I agree with Bobby, **** getting some bull**** soldered into my gun.

You tards go right ahead and let NPPL put one in your butt.
This makes me want to smash my face into my keyboard... I have no idea what getting anything soldered into your gun has anything to do with this article at all.

Its getting to the point where I cant read anything on here anymore without wanting to quit paintball just to get away from the ignorance.
pepformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:32 PM #24
sliverclan
Reppin Da 505
 
sliverclan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NMT Library
 has been a member for 10 years
sliverclan plays in the PSP
sliverclan plays in the APPA D1 division
Taken from Propb.com

"A second issue is gun performance–a third party transmitter will be piggy-backed onto the existing marker wiring that relies on the gun’s power source to transmit–with some marker’s wiring harnesses that don’t allow for the easy-addition of these transmitters (requiring soldering and the expertise of a trained technician to install it). If the wiring harness or solder joint fails, is it the sole responsibility of the installation or chip manufacturer? When the connection between the board and the solenoid fails, the marker is un-fixable on the field–and thus, you’re playing a man down. Who is liable for these losses?"

maybe you should learn how to read.
__________________
Duke City Coalition
Empire
FTJ Construction
911andcigs.com
NMPB
LISTEN TO WU-TANG
sliverclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:54 PM #25
KidInfamous
There can only be One
 
KidInfamous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Annual Supporting Member
KidInfamous plays in the PSP
KidInfamous donated to help Peyton Trent
KidInfamous supports Team VICIOUS
KidInfamous posts videos on PbNation
KidInfamous is a top reviewer
KidInfamous is Legendary
KidInfamous is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgrown7 View Post
It would appear KidInfamous does not.!.!

All I did was purpose a hypothetical. I guess I should have said "What if your SOLENOID go's down while the device is attached??"

But according to KidInfamous it would seem professional technicians never make mistakes. I for one am glad to know they are superhuman.

I doubt any Pro player who doesn't have to pay for his markers has a problem with the device. However, if KidInfamous had sat down and read my first post in here, where I asked "What happens when it moves down the ranks and they expect the blue collar player to allow some local tech to put an interface into his $1500 marker".

There is the real question..... I couldn't give a rip what the pro's are doing this weekend or next event, I play pump most of the time anyway. All I have been saying is if it moves down the ranks... I wouldn't want some local tech putting anything onto my Bob Long Victory's solenoid, not without some kind of guarantee that if it/he screws up my solenoid I am not liable. That is my point, who guarantees the markers computability with the device, or do the sponsors/players take the all the risk???
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverclan View Post
I agree with Bobby, **** getting some bull**** soldered into my gun.





You tards go right ahead and let NPPL put one in your butt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepformance View Post
So many inaccurancys in your statement I gave up reading it.



That



.



Because a chip that records data in circuit is somehow going to fry your board? That defys most electrical theory.



no... because there is no new board



Exactly, typical nation *****ing by people it does not affect



This makes me want to smash my face into my keyboard... I have no idea what getting anything soldered into your gun has anything to do with this article at all.

Its getting to the point where I cant read anything on here anymore without wanting to quit paintball just to get away from the ignorance.



Actually I did read what u posted but u contradict yourself. If u go to garage and they put a new set of tires on your car and you drive two miles up the road and your front tires fall off. That garage can't say oh well its not our fault.
I have been in the electronics industry for 5+ years and the rating on a transmit chip they are putting in wont damage ur gun. Do you remember the rf chip for the pulse how there were wires that allowed you to plug it and the noid into your board its gonna be like that. Also you talk about it frying the board. Its a transmit only chip and a weak one that only turns on when a signal pulse is sent to the noids making it nearly impossible to fry it. The current drain I think they said between 20 and 30 miliampes. That's a tiny draw that could barely harm the board. Plus im sure your not a pro and doubt you play nppl so you don't have to worry. And I expect that if by some miracle of zeus the rf chip fried the board then they would get you a new board free. But again only the pros will be using the chips currently. I would like to see a chip that can read what mode the gun is in
__________________
2011 USPA CHAMPIONS
sumorai: "I'm taking my xball and going home."
LUXEMOB
ASMC
Erie LandSharks
PittsburghAllAmericanHeroes
Youtube Channel CLICK IT!
Macdev Militia

Last edited by KidInfamous : 03-30-2011 at 03:04 PM.
KidInfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:12 PM #26
[Angel][SCF]
Who Dares Plays
 
[Angel][SCF]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoCal
if you guys read the virtue article, it says theyve tested it in various guns for pro teams during tournament play and havnt had a single problem with it. and from testing it appears to be unable to "fry your board" or damage your gun or reduce performance. if this finally stops cheaters and it doesnt adversely affect your marker then who cares if they have to install it??

sounds to me like cheaters boycotting the only viable solution ive ever heard to stopping them...???

and idk what certified techs you guys go to, but whenever i have a tech work on something and they end up damaging it, they buy me a new one. or they fix it. that kid that has a full set of allen wrenches at your local park is NOT a certified tech. the whole point of being a "certified tech" is cuz they're licensed and trained and insured to work on w/e they tech for. this is true in any industry. cars, computers, phones, plumbers, w.e.
__________________
Team Website: SoCal Fly
Thank You Angel Sports, DC Shoes, Evasive Motorsports and Hollywood Sports Park for your continued support.
[Angel][SCF] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:30 PM #27
jjking1283
 
 
jjking1283's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Las Vegas
 has been a member for 10 years
jjking1283 plays in the USPL
jjking1283 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jjking1283 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepformance View Post
Its getting to the point where I cant read anything on here anymore without wanting to quit paintball just to get away from the ignorance.

x2
jjking1283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:33 PM #28
BOBBYTUCSON@DP
obama=dirty f'n commie
 
BOBBYTUCSON@DP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ARIZONA
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BOBBYTUCSON@DP supports Team VICIOUS
BOBBYTUCSON@DP has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_junkie187 View Post
orgrown7 has a very valid point. This opens the "certified technicians" to a whole slew of liability issues that I can not foresee anyone voluntarily taking on. Its an interesting concept, just a little too BIG BROTHER for me. We as a society are too quick to try and control the masses to prevent problems when just SEVERELY punishing the offenders is a sufficient approach. Trust me not to break the rules and the laws. IF I do, strike me down and make an example out of me. Simple as that.

And by the way, seeing as orgrown7 has typed everything in bold I cant help but assume he is actually Samuel L Jackson and yelling everything is just how he talks...
this. excellent post , no bashing , all understanding. pbn needs more members like this
__________________
Apex mma,were champions are made.apexmixedmartialarts.com
STRENGTH FOR XANDER
BOBBYTUCSON@DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:35 PM #29
orgrown7
Check Your Face.!.!.!.!
 
orgrown7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oregon Baby.!.!.!
orgrown7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
orgrown7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
orgrown7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
orgrown7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
#1 This isn't bold and yelling... THIS IS BOLD AND YELLING.!.!.!

#2 KidInfamous-If you took the time to read.... Again...... you would see that I stated "I guess I should have said NOID"..... Does it really matter what part gets fried when it's over a $100 dollar part??

Sorry.... To all I offended, I meant the Solenoid and not the Board........
WTF .... anyway.....

#3 and finally, The whole point I was trying to make I guess is that it may be good as well as viable for the Pro's, I doubt it would work well for the MAJORITY of us who pay for our paintball out of our own pockets. Yet even with that said, we also should all know well and good that anything the Pro teams are doing eventually starts working it's way down the ranks. When or if it were to, all I can say is I wouldn't want to be the guy that had to hand my marker that I PAID for over to some tech without having some kinda assurance other than "we have tested them on several markers with no problems"..... To me and my way of thinking that is just a whole lot of liability ........... JMHO
__________________
2011 WCPS Pump Division Champions P-Town Pumpers would like to thank:
orgrown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:59 PM #30
BOBBYTUCSON@DP
obama=dirty f'n commie
 
BOBBYTUCSON@DP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ARIZONA
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BOBBYTUCSON@DP supports Team VICIOUS
BOBBYTUCSON@DP has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverclan View Post
I agree with Bobby, **** getting some bull**** soldered into my gun.

You tards go right ahead and let NPPL put one in your butt.

this. another excellent post.




and guys, look , lots of flaming and here'say about tards cant read and tards dont have proper grammar and tards this that.i expected more maturity and short simple posts.i obviously know how to read , and my post wasnt typed to impress harvard.(i didnt see anything wrong with my post anyways)

simply post in here if you support this move being boycotted. yah the stat specs are cool, the yada yada marketing is cool, but sorry, dont want no chips implanted into my gun.i think there is a better way to police the players and their software.its the board manufacturers lack of supporting paintball if they dont see they continue to ruin the sport by making boards like these. id rather support the paintball industry and economy by buying a board that does what this chip does while being a board itself.manufacturers should make a board like this.eclipse does a great job, so flash and jack, maybe step up your game and include software such as this chip will offer since your charging 1400 buks for your ego n geos. it would be easier to implement it into the motherboard anyways , instead of having techs i still dont trust trying to solder it onto my noid at the last minute before i play a major tourney. if this chip will allow them to track my rof,stats,stats comparison, than i want access to that cool stuff on my board. really, is it hard not to manufacture cheatware virtue?tadoa? support pb growth and cut that ****, dont just cram a chip down my throat at a toruney.

and lastly, yes im a cheater. do i cheat to win? no. do i cheat on a minute basis? hell no.do i cheat for fun? no.do i cheat every game?absolutely not. but some cheating in a match is no different than a technical foul on the court. i only consider myself a cheater simply because i have done it before, and no other reason. i dont cheat to cheat. i just do what my coach tells me.and in 7 man , i have self respect and respect for the opposing players aswell.if i suspect they are obviously cheating, then i will mutually par it up. we all cheat.every poster in this thread has cheated and knows it. those who deny are full of it. so to the people saying us who want a boycott is because we want to cheat, its not the case and troll else were

p.s and to the haters who want to bash their face face for reading ''ignorant'' posts or whatever...ok do it. you cant make any more of a retarded statement than that or contemplate hurting yourself and your monitor over ..ignorance lol. i encourage you. vids or shens too. so have a more muture , open mind please.
__________________
Apex mma,were champions are made.apexmixedmartialarts.com
STRENGTH FOR XANDER

Last edited by BOBBYTUCSON@DP : 03-30-2011 at 05:18 PM.
BOBBYTUCSON@DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:44 PM #31
BOBBYTUCSON@DP
obama=dirty f'n commie
 
BOBBYTUCSON@DP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ARIZONA
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BOBBYTUCSON@DP supports Team VICIOUS
BOBBYTUCSON@DP has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by minipaintballr02 View Post
When you make it to the bigs then you can voice your opinion. Until then, you're just a tard.
not in a dying sport were the players have to pay there life savings and firstborn to play a season , and not the other way around were the players are payed to play. you thinking nba mlb politics broski
__________________
Apex mma,were champions are made.apexmixedmartialarts.com
STRENGTH FOR XANDER
BOBBYTUCSON@DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:06 PM #32
sidthekid55
Maryland Mayhem
 
sidthekid55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MD
sidthekid55 plays in the PSP
sidthekid55 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by minipaintballr02 View Post
When you make it to the bigs then you can voice your opinion. Until then, you're just a tard.
I can't say I disagree with this. To be swayed in either direction (for or against) so easily shows a lack of logic, in my opinion.

This is an interesting idea, regardless of one's opinion. To be able to track statistics of any form in paintball is important to legitimize the sport. Also, until it effects people playing at the amateur and novice levels, all we can do is watch and see. Apparently, testing for this has been going on for some time without us knowing. Think about what we would be discussing if the general paintball public had known about the testing a year ago. Would we be more open to it?

I do think the way this rule has been introduced is less than fair to all pro players, but I'm not pro, nor will I ever be. That said, this could be a nice addition to how paintball is viewed, and if it's not, most of us will never suffer it's consequences.

All I'm saying is that we need to gather data before forming our opinions.
sidthekid55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:58 AM #33
minipaintballr02
ya babe, i hurt my nose
 
minipaintballr02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
minipaintballr02 plays in the PSP
minipaintballr02 donated to help Peyton Trent
minipaintballr02 is an NCPA player
minipaintballr02 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYTUCSON@DP View Post
not in a dying sport were the players have to pay there life savings and firstborn to play a season , and not the other way around were the players are payed to play. you thinking nba mlb politics broski
How is this in anyway effecting you? You're not in the category for whom they are doing this for. Quit with the ignorant posts' you just sound more and more like a tard.
minipaintballr02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:26 AM #34
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome
 
Paint_hore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by minipaintballr02 View Post
When you make it to the bigs then you can voice your opinion. Until then, you're just a tard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minipaintballr02 View Post
How is this in anyway effecting you? You're not in the category for whom they are doing this for. Quit with the ignorant posts' you just sound more and more like a tard.
Maybe you should learn to read?

"While these changes are being beta-tested at the pro-levels, rest assured that we will see this “chip” mandated for use later in the season–which will mean an additional purchase of equipment that is required to play."

AKA- Pros test it, every other division will be forced to use it later in the season. (if it all goes well)
__________________


Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)

Last edited by Paint_hore : 03-31-2011 at 03:28 AM.
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:02 AM #35
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan
 
JD9940's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SoCal
JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
JD9940 plays in the APPA D4 division
JD9940 supports DLX Technology
Number of Pro Players to post in this thread: 0

additionally Darrly Trent has been posting about this on his facebook. his initial reactions were anger because these "chips" were implemented 3 days before the event. after installing them he is quite happy with them and says that they do not effect the board or gun at all; he would have just appreciated to know that the NPPL would be installing these "chips" much earlier
__________________
GORGEOUS Luxe FS/T


Action Star Games
JD9940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:32 PM #36
cutstep
Minnesota
 
cutstep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota
Annual Supporting Member
cutstep is playing at Living Legends III
cutstep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cutstep is for the Gunfight
cutstep is for the Gunfight
cutstep supports Sherwood Forest
cutstep supports Sherwood Forest
Im guessing that we will find out the details tomorrow (APRIL 1ST!) when everyone shows up for the event.



hooray for gregorian calenders!
cutstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:38 PM #37
subhuman2178
Chopper of batches
 
subhuman2178's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
subhuman2178 supports Team VICIOUS
subhuman2178 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by B00M h34D $h07 View Post
Are you a pro player? Did you even read the article?

The article clearly states that only professionals will have to have to get their guns teched at a specific time at the tournament to get a monitor installed which will make sure they do not exceed the 15 bps cap.

Seems NPPL is spending all the money to prevent cheating in the pros.

Your rant seem entirely unwarranted

/thread
__________________
SD RUSH

WEST COAST!
subhuman2178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:32 PM #38
BOBBYTUCSON@DP
obama=dirty f'n commie
 
BOBBYTUCSON@DP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ARIZONA
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BOBBYTUCSON@DP supports Team VICIOUS
BOBBYTUCSON@DP has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by minipaintballr02 View Post
How is this in anyway effecting you? You're not in the category for whom they are doing this for. Quit with the ignorant posts' you just sound more and more like a tard.
you made yourself look like a tard , seriously dude learn to read thoroughly. its obvious they stated all divisions in an indirect manner. also, if you had any smarts, you would know that thats how products or rules get pushed , they pilot them in pro division , once everybody sees pros using , it will be accepted. in this case, alot of people are confused, scared , and opposing to it, hence my thread.so learn to read op , only post in here if you support boycotting the chip, not to make yourself look like an ******* by calling people names because you disagree.just stay outta the thread than.i started the thread , and for a reason.all you gotta do is read.since you posted in here 4 times im just assuming you support boycotting the chip and would prefer a board instead
__________________
Apex mma,were champions are made.apexmixedmartialarts.com
STRENGTH FOR XANDER

Last edited by BOBBYTUCSON@DP : 03-31-2011 at 02:35 PM.
BOBBYTUCSON@DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:55 PM #39
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE
 
specopsdeath2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jersey/CT
Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
my thoughts on this...

1. the new chip could possibly cause a shortage in the board or become disconnected if the soldering is not done correctly (i feel like this would happen, since there will be many players getting this done at one time, one or more certified tech's are bound to rush a bit and possibly make a mistake).

2. if i read correctly, the players have to buy the chip to get installed. how much would it cost? Someone mentioned that Darryl said that he was happy that the chip did not interfere or cause any changes in the Luxe board, but what about the G6R and Axe (as stated in the original article the OP posted)? We already pay a damn good amount of money just to play, shoot our sponsors products and traveling fees, and we have to buy one more thing to make sure no one cheats.

3. im assuming that if this does manage to become mandatory, that the chip will be in all new guns from now on (presuming that the chip fits in every gun like the G6R and Axe, as stated above)

i am not an NPPL player, but this is quite interesting to read and think about. maybe it will be implemented into the PSP? maybe, maybe not. But i will be playing PSP this coming season and I feel like if this is indeed going to happen to all divisions in the NPPL, who says its not going to happen in the PSP?
__________________
Old FB
GUN SALE
Luxe Mob.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:48 PM #40
SFC. Connell
 
 
SFC. Connell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
SFC. Connell owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
SFC. Connell owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Is this why RL lost to Dynasty in Galveston??? (I know PSP and NPPL DIFFERENT...its a joke)

Now seriously, here's my take on this.

1. I LIKE the fact NPPL is taking a strong approach on cheating. This makes the sport we all play and love a lot more fair. Paintball has been criticized since the beginning for it's cheating in tourney play. Here's a way where a form of cheating will be monitored.

2. I DON'T like how the players have to pay for the chip to be installed. I also don't like the idea that, as of now, nothing has been said about warranty and liabilities. Now, if I ship my PE gun to Rhode Island and get one installed by their tech's I'd be confident about it. But if I'm bringing it to my local shop to have a 20 year old kid install it, then I'm not confident at all. Now, I know flame me for that last comment, BUT if it "comes down the ranks" then our pro shops and field shops are the guys who are going to install these.

My overall opinion on this matter. Take a step back and chill. It hasn't hit the D4 and 5 circuit so, shut up. The fact this board has already been tested by two pro teams without ANY public knowledge shows that no one could tell a difference. I also will listen more to the guys who actually understand electronics, over some of the people on here ranting about it frying this and that.

So everyone, chill out. Play the game, and maybe instead of "boycotting" this, maybe go to Virtue and NPPL and bring up your legitimate questions and concerns about the product itself. Tell them you are worried about liabilities, warranties and the such.

Last edited by SFC. Connell : 03-31-2011 at 03:53 PM.
SFC. Connell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:30 PM #41
BMcC13
Vatican Assasin
 
BMcC13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA
BMcC13 helped look for balloons
BMcC13 is playing at Living Legends III
BMcC13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
BMcC13 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYTUCSON@DP View Post
and lastly, yes im a cheater. do i cheat to win? no. do i cheat on a minute basis? hell no.do i cheat for fun? no.do i cheat every game?absolutely not. but some cheating in a match is no different than a technical foul on the court. i only consider myself a cheater simply because i have done it before, and no other reason. i dont cheat to cheat. i just do what my coach tells me.and in 7 man , i have self respect and respect for the opposing players aswell.if i suspect they are obviously cheating, then i will mutually par it up. we all cheat.every poster in this thread has cheated and knows it. those who deny are full of it. so to the people saying us who want a boycott is because we want to cheat, its not the case and troll else were

p.s and to the haters who want to bash their face face for reading ''ignorant'' posts or whatever...ok do it. you cant make any more of a retarded statement than that or contemplate hurting yourself and your monitor over ..ignorance lol. i encourage you. vids or shens too. so have a more muture , open mind please.
Wait...so a cheater is starting the movement to prevent anti-cheating? How shocking!

Bobby, not all paintball players are scumbags. Just because your coach tells you to cheat, and you feel like you have to cheat, doesn't mean its okay. May I suggest improving your skills for the next tournament, instead of acting like a five your old and refusing to leave the game because you lost?

The only reason to cheat is to win. Why else would you do it? Don't try to justify your actions by saying that it's part of the sport, because its not. You're the cheater Bobby, the paintball community isn't. I know hundreds of people that would never dream of cheating in their life. I'd venture to say that you have no business being on a paintball field, and should probably pursue a non-competitive hobby where you're low capacity for sportsmanship can thrive.

The whole reason this chip needs to be installed is because of people like you. If cheating wasn't a big problem, this chip wouldn't have to exist. But since too many people are stupid enough to think that occasional cheating is okay, this thing needs to be stuck in guns.

With that being said, the players still shouldn't have to pay for this. At least, the innocent players shouldn't have to. Teams who have been caught cheating in the past should be forced to pay for these chips. A team such as yours Bobby. Teams that don't care about the integrity of the sport, and just want the undeserved limelight for being the best team.

It's plain and simple. If you don't want the chip forced upon you, stop cheating.
__________________
"It is absurd to hold that a man ought to be ashamed of being unable to defend himself with his limbs, but not of being unable to defend himself with speech and reason."
-Aristotle

Last edited by BMcC13 : 03-31-2011 at 08:32 PM.
BMcC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:48 PM #42
tlane77
I like to pump it
 
tlane77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New England
tlane77 plays in the APPA D5 division
tlane77 is a top reviewer
tlane77 is Legendary
tlane77 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutstep View Post
Im guessing that we will find out the details tomorrow (APRIL 1ST!) when everyone shows up for the event.



hooray for gregorian calenders!
This.
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump