PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2011, 06:12 PM #1
lambert978

lambert978 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
what is the best idea playing snake

hey guys i played a couple tournaments but this one coming up will be my first playing snake.
could someone give me some advise
lambert978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2011, 07:24 PM #2
FiresofSirius
Let the Galaxy Burn

FiresofSirius donated to help Peyton Trent
FiresofSirius owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
FiresofSirius is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Stay low, bump up the field as fast as you can, listen to your back man.
FiresofSirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:19 PM #3
}{oleN1
*314*

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
You may want to check out this forum, lots of snake advice/tips.

http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228

One thing I would say is to look inside first...I see alot of guys get in the snake, and first thing they do is pop out to shoot down the tape and get their face blown-up, when some easy pack shots kills were just waiting for them had they looked across the field.
}{oleN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:29 PM #4
spaz22colon
thats ery day

be aggressive but not stupid aggressive. realize when the team knows your in the snake they will tend to focus on you more so just your presence may allow your other teammates to move while they are checking you. so be smart and get the kills that are given to you dont force anything
spaz22colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:36 PM #5
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen plays in the MiLP
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Biggest thing is walking the field. That way when you get to a good spot in the snake you can come up with your gun right on target. Also, if the snake is broken up, remember that you can play both ends of each beam, not just the end with the knuckle.

Communication is big as well, you want to be able to listen to your back/corner guy and get a good mental picture of where everyone is on the field.
BLACK '07+ Planet Eclipse OOPS
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:39 PM #6
lambert978

lambert978 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
alright thanks guys
lambert978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:46 PM #7
l u c i d
I have candy

l u c i d plays in the PSP
l u c i d plays in the APPA D4 division
Stay alive. You are still a threat even when your head is down. As long as they know you are still alive they will be watching over their shoulder.
l u c i d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:36 PM #8
Rpfusa1
Raptor Jesus

Rpfusa1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Here's my best advice for being in snake: Always be ready to get bunkered. If the other team perceives you as a major threat then they are going to do everything they can to either lock you down and limit what you can do, or shoot you out. What's a (usually) 100% way to take someone out? Get up close and blast them!!!
Play calm, play smart, be prepared and communicate.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:41 AM #9
Tweaky

Tweaky plays in the PSP
Tweaky owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Tweaky supports Team VICIOUS
Tweaky plays in the APPA D4 division
Get as far as you can up the snake from the field. Watch Thomas Taylor play. lol Stay alive, you dont have to fight when ur in it, just stay alive and ur a huge threat. aswell before WALK THE FIELD especially the snake, and see what the angles the other bunkers have on you.
Tweaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:31 PM #10
JNguyen24

Snake is very fun to play! Be aggressive and smart! ohh be sneaky(:
JNguyen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:20 AM #11
ky7jg

I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet, but your entrance into snake is also very crucial. When you slide into snake, make sure you get down before you even get into snake. I play with a guy who runs into snake 1, then falls on his knees, then into a prone position. You need to do exactly the contrary. If you know the ground you are playing on is sufficient for sliding, get into your slide a good distance from S1. I typically superman slide 6 or 7 feet away from snake 1 and the distance I don't cover, I just quickly crawl in. You have to understand that in most fields, if you are low, and not necessarily in snake, the other team doesn't really have angles on you. there will be so many lane blockers that you can slide a good distance from snake. After all, that is the whole point of a slide, to get down low before you enter a bunker so you don't get shot. By doing a slide further away from the snake, their is a smaller chance that the opposing team does not know you are in snake because the dead spots around the entrance to snake is not very easy to get angles on unless you are far up on the opposite side.

Now that you're safely in snake 1, the number one thing I see most snake players do is that they stay in snake 1. If there is no one shooting at you down the tape, take advantage of that, and fly down the snake as far as you can possible. After that, you need to look cross field and if you did everything right, no one should be expecting you. Even if you fail to get kills right off the bat, you have the other team worried to the point where their concentration shifts from the 4 (or 6) other players to that one guy.

Hope I helped, and good luck
Old 04-22-2011, 09:13 PM #12
egomaster97
Snap Back Swag!

egomaster97 is playing at Living Legends V
egomaster97 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
egomaster97 supports Team VICIOUS
egomaster97 is for the Gunfight
egomaster97 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
get a gun that you have a good handle on so it can be ready in seconds. also smaller barrels help a lot since they don't really stick out. move up as fast as possible and don't shoot unless you've got a clear shot or else the other players will know where you are and you haven't shot any of them. stay low
Old 04-23-2011, 12:32 PM #13
GivenRandy

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oleN1 View Post
You may want to check out this forum, lots of snake advice/tips.

http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228

One thing I would say is to look inside first...I see alot of guys get in the snake, and first thing they do is pop out to shoot down the tape and get their face blown-up, when some easy pack shots kills were just waiting for them had they looked across the field.
Absolutely. In fact, we might have won a game this last tournament if the snake player had looked inside first. It happens.

Speaking of that, at each knuckle, know where to look in advance so that you can pop up, take a couple shots there, and drop back down.

If your snake corner is new / inexperienced, make sure you tell him how important it is that you're covered and that he talks to you.
GivenRandy is offline   Reply With Quote