Old 05-14-2011, 02:15 PM #190
FatCitySoldier
Rage

has been a member for 10 years
FatCitySoldier has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Milkman View Post
You won't have time to break..
Obviously there's a huge difference between training on a ruck march under your own parameters and doing one in the "selection" realm. I appreciate the reality you impose that it's going to be 200% different then it is now as I train while as a civilian. So, just suck it up and keep going huh? Fair enough. I've got long legs, so I'll try to put those to good use. I'm in GA, so no beach nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
All in all, you just have to put your head down and go.
So the 15:00/mile pace won't cut it? Needs to be down around 14? I've heard the trick of running downhill, walking uphill, and "shuffling/skipping" on straight aways. I'm aware that Team week will have me bearing loads near the 90-100lbs area. I live in GA, so I'm used to the heat and humidity. I know it sucks. No way around that. And I believe the only ones that are timed are the gates in week 1 that are a 6 and 8mile timed road march. But then again, like SF/Selection, everything could change.

'Preciate the harsh reality of words, but this is something I've wanted to do for awhile and I'm old enough to know that what I'm getting myself into isn't some "Call of Duty chance of a lifetime to be a Special Forces OPERATOR! " But all in all, I understand... the chips are stacked against me.

Thnx
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2011, 02:17 PM #191
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCitySoldier View Post
Obviously there's a huge difference between training on a ruck march under your own parameters and doing one in the "selection" realm. I appreciate the reality you impose that it's going to be 200% different then it is now as I train while as a civilian. So, just suck it up and keep going huh? Fair enough. I've got long legs, so I'll try to put those to good use. I'm in GA, so no beach nearby.

So the 15:00/mile pace won't cut it? Needs to be down around 14? I've heard the trick of running downhill, walking uphill, and "shuffling/skipping" on straight aways. I'm aware that Team week will have me bearing loads near the 90-100lbs area. I live in GA, so I'm used to the heat and humidity. I know it sucks. No way around that. And I believe the only ones that are timed are the gates in week 1 that are a 6 and 8mile timed road march. But then again, like SF/Selection, everything could change.

'Preciate the harsh reality of words, but this is something I've wanted to do for awhile and I'm old enough to know that what I'm getting myself into isn't some "Call of Duty chance of a lifetime to be a Special Forces OPERATOR! " But all in all, I understand... the chips are stacked against me.

Thnx
We're not saying you're an idiot or anything. I just think it's ****ty that you won't be prepared for selection AT ALL.
CptMotivator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:17 PM #192
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
My friend had a BN SGM that gave him a quick 'about me' speech.

Went something like: I went to ranger school, failed. Went to selection, failed. Tried out for Cag, made it, killed a lot of people and now here I am today.

I lol'd. Apparently the guy was a total badass and scary to talk to. Wore an eye patch.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:22 PM #193
FatCitySoldier
Rage

FatCitySoldier has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMotivator View Post
We're not saying you're an idiot or anything. I just think it's ****ty that you won't be prepared for selection AT ALL.
Well, way I look at it, is it is a sucker bet. But, I believe it was intended to be a sucker bet for the 17-18yr old coming out thinking they know hard training and hardship and stress and they can make it through the whole pipeline and be smoking guys in 6months. Me on the other hand, has some life experience, maturity, I finished college and still know that this is what I'd like to pursue. So, what I'm trying to say, is hopefully I'm in a better spot to succeed than most.

Make sense?
Old 05-14-2011, 02:24 PM #194
Deadly Milkman (Banned)

FatCitySoldier.. I'm telling you dude NOTHING is the same when you're 'training' for this **** as a civilian. You ARE NOT used to the heat/humidity. Not when you've got ****ty ACU's on with whatever headgear you might have on, and drenched (literally soaked..) in sweat.

Your mindset is gonna be the biggest factor.. anything you do as a civilian you're not thinking about 'oh **** i want to sleep' and eat and what you have to do afterwards or what you just got done doing that made you already dead tired, etc..

EVERYTHING is different when you mix it all in and you're actually there doing what they're telling you to do. You're not gonna be in the same mindset as you are while you're 'training' as a civilian.

It's not the same as you're a civilian and can 'call it a day' whenever you feel like you've trained enough.. 'cause in reality you haven't. You won't be pushed as far by yourself as if you had people around you sucking just as much and a feeling of 'if I fail I'm ****ed" and ****

..That's probably all I'll say because I know I keep repeating myself but I can't stress it enough that it's not the same

edit: also, the terrain you're rucking on right now is way too easy for what you'll be rucking on while you're in selection I can guarantee you that and I don't need to even ask you what you're rucking on right now
Deadly Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:27 PM #195
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCitySoldier View Post
:
At 6'4" with long legs you should be at 10-11min your first couple miles. If you do that for the 1st 4 miles or so you'll be 16-20 mi ahead of pace. Yes you might spend a little more energy at the beginning but it gives you a comfortable lead.

I've seen people run the whole time and finish in 2:15

G.S.P
Old 05-14-2011, 02:27 PM #196
Deadly Milkman (Banned)

Quote:
My friend had a BN SGM that gave him a quick 'about me' speech.

Went something like: I went to ranger school, failed. Went to selection, failed. Tried out for Cag, made it, killed a lot of people and now here I am today.

I lol'd. Apparently the guy was a total badass and scary to talk to. Wore an eye patch.
What kind of connections did he have? I thought CAG chose from the best of SF
Old 05-14-2011, 02:27 PM #197
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

You really have no idea what you're getting into. Just sayin'

Also, when I make Major.... I think I'm gunna apply to be the CAG Ops officer.

HIGH SPEED MUTHA ****A

Edit: DMM, CAG recruits from everywhere.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:30 PM #198
Deadly Milkman (Banned)

Recruits from the 'best' of SF and 75th.. didn't think they went down to the ****bags of the army
Old 05-14-2011, 02:31 PM #199
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Recruites from the 'best' of SF and 75th.. didn't think they went down to the ****bags of the army
They've been known to pull guys from the 82nd, and even some guys from Nasty Girl.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:31 PM #200
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

Quote:
You won't be pushed as far by yourself as if you had people around you sucking just as much and a feeling of 'if I fail I'm ****ed" and ****
This actually helps when times get ****ty because you aren't the only one sucking dick for milk money. It's times like those that you'll never forget. You'll tell the same story to the same people who were there and the **** never gets old. Guess you have to experience that one to understand it.

G.S.P
Old 05-14-2011, 02:32 PM #201
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
This actually helps when times get ****ty because you aren't the only one sucking dick for milk money. It's times like those that you'll never forget. You'll tell the same story to the same people who were there and the **** never gets old. Guess you have to experience that one to understand it.
Especially deployments.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:33 PM #202
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

Quote:
Recruits from the 'best' of SF and 75th.. didn't think they went down to the ****bags of the army
You can be an 88m and tryout for Cag, it doesn't matter. I'm surprised you never get any emails on ako from the recruiter for it.

G.S.P
Old 05-14-2011, 02:36 PM #203
Deadly Milkman (Banned)

I probably have but I don't check my AKO lol

..I didn't give a thought about going to selection until kind of recently.. it's either go high speed or get out / go to college for me now

I think it would be cool/good idea to go to ranger school first if I did go to selection but after this deployment I probably won't have time for both if I decide to go... and I feel like if I WERE to make SF without ranger school then at least that time was time working towards something.. ranger school i feel like you just go/come back and it didn't really get me anywhere if you know what I mean.. just come back to the same ****hole

edit: but i'm still leaning on the getting/out going to college because I don't wanna get old as **** then decide to go to college

..also the only way infantry can stay in these days (for at least 12 months is what the BC was saying) is to go to selection.. infantry is at 150%
right now.. but by the time my ETS is coming up it'll probably be different and can re-up whenever

Last edited by Deadly Milkman : 05-14-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:46 PM #204
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

Rangers and SF is like high school vs college.

Ranger school just gets you a tab, doesn't make you a ranger, IMO. If you pass selection, give it a shot, if you don't, follow plan A.

G.S.P
Old 05-14-2011, 02:48 PM #205
Deadly Milkman (Banned)

Yeah but the only reason ranger school is kind of in my head is career progression.. but like i said i don't feel like it's getting me anywhere if i were to actually get it..

I was in RASP but quit before class even started because my boot ******* was demotivated at the time after basic/airborne/holdover for a month n **** lol

..don't really regret that but sometimes I think what if..

edit: then again if I were to be in the 75th I might have just stopped there and not be at bragg with a chance to go to selection whenever the **** i want (which is pretty much how it works at bragg.. ranger school or selection whenever you want.. you've gotta pass PRC here before ranger school though)

Last edited by Deadly Milkman : 05-14-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:50 PM #206
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

You'd be a RANNNNNGER. Or dead.

I wish I could of gotten a slot in the 75th when I was younger. **** would of been raw.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:52 PM #207
Deadly Milkman (Banned)

I've heard from people that have gotten kicked out that life before you get your tab in the 75th sucks major balls.. so that's like 1 or 1 1/2 years of suck lol

..so maybe wasn't so bad
Old 05-14-2011, 02:57 PM #208
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

Quote:
Yeah but the only reason ranger school is kind of in my head is career progression.. but like i said i don't feel like it's getting me anywhere if i were to actually get it..

I was in RASP but quit before class even started because my boot ******* was demotivated at the time after basic/airborne/holdover for a month n **** lol

..don't really regret that but sometimes I think what if..

edit: then again if I were to be in the 75th I might have just stopped there and not be at bragg with a chance to go to selection whenever the **** i want (which is pretty much how it works at bragg.. ranger school or selection whenever you want.. you've gotta pass PRC here before ranger school though)
I got extremely sick in OSUT. Winter at benning is the complete opposite of what it is in AZ. Was physically drained and barely passed my PT test to get out. Not like a was a super stud going in either. Totally blew my opt. 40. One of the few things I really regret. Got to my unit, my sqd ldr whipped me into shape and became a stud. Still couldn't run for **** though but a 290 was good enough. And nobody cares about your 300 Jack. You only have to meet old man requirements.

Saw a tabbed e4 at the chow hall once. If he had asked for a hand job or something I'd probably have said ok.

G.S.P
Old 05-14-2011, 03:05 PM #209
Deadly Milkman (Banned)

I graduated Airborne in Nov and was in RASP holdover until Jan when the first RASP class started. Winter in Fort Benning, raining all the time.. it just ****ed with me. I was sick of training and wanted to deploy, thinking I'd be sent to the 82nd and deploy right away is pretty much why I dropped..

But no, I came to the GRF unit.. hasn't deployed since 2007. We were supposed to deploy to Afghanistan in 2010 but Haiti **** happened while we were still on GRF so we went there instead, now we get stuck with this ****in Operation New Dawn ****.

PT at the time was ~280s.. PT now is at 310s+ and going up since I actually started working out again on my own instead of ****ty morning PT.. at least now I've got a feel for the real Army, so I actually feel a **** load more prepared for whatever just for the fact that I've been in long enough to actually know some ****.. if I were to go back to RASP I feel like i'd be way more prepared.. but since I voluntarily withdrew, I can't ever go back. (I don't know how this works if I re-enlist.. still not able to I guess.. anyone know?)
Old 05-14-2011, 03:07 PM #210
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
When I got to 1st Cav, coming from a light unit, we went on a ruck march. People started falling out before we got across the parking lot from the company. **** was redonk.
I hate the fact that the word "Cavalry" has been so sullied by it's association with this god forsaken unit.

Quote:
So only Rangers allowed in SF is what you're saying?

edit: real rangers (RASP).. not 'ranger qualified' (tab)

..****in hate some of the tabs around here (my brigade) that talk like they were in ranger batt or actual rangers or some ****
How about you get one or the other before throwing out the word "real"... while there are plenty of douchebags with their tab it's my experience that they are the exception... not the rule. If you really want to say one makes you more "real" than the other than you have to go with both to be "real".

Anyway... I should have joined the Army in the first place... then I could have probably called myself a "real ranger"... and who knows... could have gotten myself shot in the face so maybe it's better this way.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote