PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-22-2011, 06:24 PM #1
dv8416

Canadian Customs Back log

So for anyone ordering stuff or waiting on stuff from the US, customs canada is backlogged. With the high Canadian dollar, alot of people are ordering from the states - which then leads to packages being held in customs for over a week.... Still waiting on a some stuff from Critical paintball, which has been sitting in customs for the past week :S.

dv8416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:30 PM #2
Lindor
Like the Chocolate

Lindor owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Was it shipped priority, first class, or courier (UPS, FedEx)? In any case, thanks for the heads up.
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:47 PM #3
Cashmo

I'm waiting as well... Mine was shipping Priority by USPS. USPS says it just arrived at customs today... so i guess i may be waiting awhile
Cashmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:30 PM #4
abz123

i had an item clear customs today, took about 5-7 days which is standard. I also have another package which has taking over two weeks sooooo :?
abz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:28 AM #5
ghost271
Shooting MacDev

ghost271 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
ghost271 posts videos on PbNation
Get it sent to The Letter Carrier in Point Roberts. Eliminate customs all together.
-Ronin Cyborg RX #4,Olive 07 Borg,2xBlk 07 Borg,Digi-Cam Droid
-Max'd 'DM3'
-Mint Tippmann .68 Special, 2xLB Nightmare,Nelspot 007
ghost271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:58 AM #6
weltmaker2000
Rickfactor

weltmaker2000 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
weltmaker2000 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost271 View Post
Get it sent to The Letter Carrier in Point Roberts. Eliminate customs all together.
You will have to draw me a map to you secret underground tunnel Joel as you still need to cross through Customs to get out of Point Roberts. True, they dont often charge any tax or duty as Ive been let through with as much as $250 before but its still not fool proof.

The other potential problem is that the package security is not spectacular at the Letter Carrier. You just walk in, say a name, pay the $3 and walk out with a box. I cross weekly and have picked up close to 50 packages from the Letter Carrier, mostly paintball stuff, and I have been given other people packages with the same name as myself. There are some less than honest people out there who will not say anything. Its kind of risky if you are receiving a $1000 marker. Any insurance will be useless as the package was delivered successfully and signed for. I have read some horror stories of people trying to resolve such issues with the Letter Carrier without luck.

I will still use them but I make sure I use my full name or a bizarre alias.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:44 PM #7
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Dover owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dover owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Dover posts videos on PbNation
Dover is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
How about building a mail-carrying submarine then, like the South American Narco drug subs?

Orange County Bushwackers SL66 # B0033 ~ Warped Sportz Dark SL74 # D1028 ~ Swamp SLS

$h@key J0nEZ "It's not hard to justify unless you simply don't have the money and can't afford it. You can always tell the men from the boys by the price of their toys.
The SL is always the top of the line and the best paintball gun made, every year since it was first released. You get what you pay for and Bespoke parts are full of win."
Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:50 PM #8
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
Use Ship Happens
Old 03-27-2011, 03:27 PM #9
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer231 View Post
Use Ship Happens
hey there James, hope you and Chris Hamel and all are doing well !

btw two of your staff came in to play at Penticton Reball last summer...

Orange County Bushwackers SL66 # B0033 ~ Warped Sportz Dark SL74 # D1028 ~ Swamp SLS

$h@key J0nEZ "It's not hard to justify unless you simply don't have the money and can't afford it. You can always tell the men from the boys by the price of their toys.
The SL is always the top of the line and the best paintball gun made, every year since it was first released. You get what you pay for and Bespoke parts are full of win."
Old 03-29-2011, 12:38 AM #10
ghost271
Shooting MacDev

ghost271 is a founding member
ghost271 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltmaker2000 View Post
You will have to draw me a map to you secret underground tunnel Joel as you still need to cross through Customs to get out of Point Roberts. True, they dont often charge any tax or duty as Ive been let through with as much as $250 before but its still not fool proof.

The other potential problem is that the package security is not spectacular at the Letter Carrier. You just walk in, say a name, pay the $3 and walk out with a box. I cross weekly and have picked up close to 50 packages from the Letter Carrier, mostly paintball stuff, and I have been given other people packages with the same name as myself. There are some less than honest people out there who will not say anything. Its kind of risky if you are receiving a $1000 marker. Any insurance will be useless as the package was delivered successfully and signed for. I have read some horror stories of people trying to resolve such issues with the Letter Carrier without luck.

I will still use them but I make sure I use my full name or a bizarre alias.
I guess I've never really had any problems for two reasons. One being my last name. Not many people with a long french last name like mine, and secondly, they know me pretty well. In regards to the horror stories, I have heard none myself but I'll take your word for it. Considering right off the bat you're going to be saving the $35-45 Customs fees that UPS or FedEx charges you on a package, anything under $200 is worth the chance. If I'm gettting a $1000+ marker shipped, then I'll pay FedEx the little bit exta for peace of mind. But for small orders, I think the LC is a no brainer.
-Ronin Cyborg RX #4,Olive 07 Borg,2xBlk 07 Borg,Digi-Cam Droid
-Max'd 'DM3'
-Mint Tippmann .68 Special, 2xLB Nightmare,Nelspot 007
ghost271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:39 PM #11
abz123

this is killing me! my item was shipped on the 14th of march... nothing! i have a tracking number as well.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:49 PM #12
Cashmo

My goods are still in customs... fack
Old 03-31-2011, 12:12 AM #13
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

I just shipped out a DM4 to Wisconsin, i dropped it off at the Post Office at 1:53 PM, mail pick-up was at 4:00 PM

Somehow it cleared US customs and made it from Penticton to Vancouver BC overnite!

Old 04-02-2011, 10:13 AM #14
abz123

Its bringing gear into canada, because our dollar is so high. Americans are broke ***** lol. Got my bolt that I ordered from the states...took 13 working days.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:02 PM #15
jcperez2393
WC Remedy #18

jcperez2393 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jcperez2393 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jcperez2393 plays in the APPA D5 division
jcperez2393 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jcperez2393 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
If i were to ship a gun to Ontario, how long do you guys think it would take cuz ive never had to ship outside the us

jcperez2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:46 PM #16
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

ok, hows this for bringing a gun (AutoMag) and parts (Etek grip frame) and Ego9 case

It took TWO MINUTES for Customs to clear, it came in from Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcperez2393 View Post
If i were to ship a gun to Ontario, how long do you guys think it would take cuz ive never had to ship outside the us
www.canadapost.ca

Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 AM #17
Cashmo

My package was in customs for 2 1/2 WEEKS! finally was released but holy crap theres no reason why and tank and a hopper would be there for that long. Unless they found crack hidden in the hopper lol
Old 04-20-2011, 12:43 PM #18
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Old 04-22-2011, 03:44 PM #19
tygracey58

my luxe was at customs for 2 weeks!!!, but i finally got it
tygracey58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:46 PM #20
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygracey58 View Post
my luxe was at customs for 2 weeks!!!, but i finally got it
what province do you live in ?

did they open it and then re-tape it with yellow Customs tape and hit you up with the $5.00 " Service Fee " and tax it ?

Old 04-28-2011, 09:50 AM #21
Whitie22

Whitie22 supports Team VICIOUS
Whitie22 supports Empire
I had stuff from and to the states ship fast. It depend on what it is. I has stuff from Action village come in 5days that's with customs. It all differs with what is sent. UPS and FedEx charge custom broker cost while USPS has internal customs so its already covered. USPS does have insurance you just need to pay for it. I have sent $1000 guns with out a problem .