Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-24-2011, 11:09 AM #22
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

yeah it appears your bumper is a tad large, like Zyzek said its only there to cushion the bolt so reducing its OD a tad with some sandpaper would appear to be beneficial

the circular cuts are clearly from the oring sinking into your inlet holes mid stroke and then being pinched as the bolt retracts

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2011, 06:47 PM #23
saM!
ninjalicious

saM! is a Supporting Member
saM! is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOTINTHEDERF View Post
Try these setting dwell at 10 hpr 132 and change the bolt tip to #13 and FYI the new bumper orings will be out soon I have the proto type one from billy
Green tip with no inserts?

Xtopia/Suncity Paintball
saM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:56 PM #24
saM!
ninjalicious

saM! is a Supporting Member
saM! is a founding member
Sanded down a small area, NT shot phe·nom·e·nal today. Green bolt tip, dwell at 10, 110psi, no nicks or cuts or any sort.

Xtopia/Suncity Paintball
saM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:56 AM #25
dmented-predator

dmented-predator plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by saM! View Post
Sanded down a small area, NT shot phe·nom·e·nal today. Green bolt tip, dwell at 10, 110psi, no nicks or cuts or any sort.

Welcome to the sanded down league. = ) Without the seal pressurizing your bumper it's not pressed up against your can. I finally felt I had enough paint through my NT11 to go to the non-factory default green tip insert this weekend, and it shot amazing. I'm glad to see you're having similar results. Did sanding down the bumper lower your operating pressure? it seemed a bit high.
dmented-predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:05 PM #26
MorpheusX
The Tfare

MorpheusX is a founding member
running mine at 105 or a bit less green bolt tip and the 13 on the bolt tip instead of the 14 and it shoots so much better. I am using it in cold weather so the 14 was causing the bolt to stick forward. Runs like a dream right now.

Windsor Lockdown - CXBL
Syracuse Rhythm - PSP

Last edited by MorpheusX : 03-28-2011 at 12:09 PM.
MorpheusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:40 PM #27
dmented-predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorpheusX View Post
running mine at 105 or a bit less green bolt tip and the 13 on the bolt tip instead of the 14 and it shoots so much better. I am using it in cold weather so the 14 was causing the bolt to stick forward. Runs like a dream right now.
I think a lot more people are having this issue than let on. You hear a lot about markers stuttering and what not, and people are constantly telling them to change their dwell or do this or do that..i think this should be the first thing anyone does who is having cycling problems. Especially when it's a situation where it usually manifests itself in colder weather so it's not a consistent problem. When I initially had the problem it was because my bolt kit was getting colder the more paint I shot through the marker so it would start up fine and then start stuttering after my initial (loader + pod) off break stream.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:14 PM #28
MorpheusX
The Tfare

Couldn't agree more. At first i thought it was the bumper causing the bolt to seal forward and having issues returning so i sanded it down a bit and I still experienced the issue. So I went to switched to the 13 instead of the 14 as that LIFT dude had posted and BOOM! Worked like a charm. The guy definitely knows what he is talking about. Before my NT hated Canadian climates and the climates in the Northeast but now shes money. I also upped my dwell to 11 to try and prevent any other issues that may occur, I may end up dropping it down yet though.

I think once its broken in more the gun may even go lower as it was shooting fine at 100psi but the consistency wasn't there and it was a tad low. We were also shooting DXS practice stuff, so not exactly the best paint.

All in all a summarized solution

Dwell -10
Bolt Tip - Green
Change bolt tip from 14 to 13
Input - gun dependant (mines running at 102-105)

Windsor Lockdown - CXBL
Syracuse Rhythm - PSP

Old 03-28-2011, 04:53 PM #29
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Did you guys find that fixing these issues helped with paint breakage? NT + cold weather = headache for me.

PS- you dont need to break your gun in to use the green insert. Thats the first thing I changed when I bought my gun new

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:34 AM #30
dmented-predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
Did you guys find that fixing these issues helped with paint breakage? NT + cold weather = headache for me.

PS- you dont need to break your gun in to use the green insert. Thats the first thing I changed when I bought my gun new
Yes, it helped a bit with paint being completely destroyed. My main reason for keeping the blue insert in there, is that it came that way from the factory, so I wanted to get a factory baseline first. Also, I've spoken to some players who are getting inconsistent FPS with the green insert, whether that's an issue with how they're being manufactured or not, I have no idea, but I wanted to make sure I had a working control before I screwed with it.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:08 PM #31
MorpheusX
The Tfare

Yes I did find that it helped in paint breakage. The gun feels a lot more gentle on paint. Keep in mind I am up here in Canada.... I was excited to play outside in 9*...

Windsor Lockdown - CXBL
Syracuse Rhythm - PSP

Old 03-29-2011, 08:21 PM #32
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Well Im gonna give it a try even though my gun cycles fine. I did notice that the bumper oring is sitting as high as the red oring but its been like that since I got it without any cycling issues.

Im also debating opening the hole a bit in the plunger so the air isnt so pinpoint. Anyone try drastic measures?

NT is my favorite gun but I cant count on it in the cold weather....spring, summer, fall, it absolutely rapes.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:49 PM #33
pntballa47
rIcE rOcKeTeeR!

pntballa47 is a Supporting Member
pntballa47 plays in the PSP
pntballa47 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
There must be a new o-ring because mine is black and not rounded
Hinkle

feedback
pntballa47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:56 PM #34
dmented-predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballa47 View Post
There must be a new o-ring because mine is black and not rounded
Someone on here was saying that. Could you take pictures of it for us please?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:02 PM #35
nickdude
well do ya punk?

Annual Supporting Member
nickdude donated to help Peyton Trent
nickdude is playing at Living Legends III
nickdude is playing at Living Legends V
nickdude supports DLX Technology
Also in the spares box, looks like it could have been sanded down and not molded that shape.

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports
LUXE MOBClone GT Militia
nickdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:16 PM #36
dmented-predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdude View Post
Also in the spares box, looks like it could have been sanded down and not molded that shape.

Wow, that's radically different. It's tapered. I guess i need to make a phone call to dye sometime soon.