Community Focus

Old 12-25-2013, 07:00 PM #85
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
no prob - I'm working on a revamp for the site where I'm going to prune through some of the nerve info in particular, trying to update things now that it's a few years after the original pages were made.

I've wanted to make a video on the epoxy mod for a while now so I'll look into that. I'll also look into new bolts and see how the logistics are. The limited market means no guarantees (not a very high priority project) but we'll see...

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2013, 04:43 PM #86
Duece McCracken

Annual Supporting Member
Duece McCracken has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
no prob - I'm working on a revamp for the site where I'm going to prune through some of the nerve info in particular, trying to update things now that it's a few years after the original pages were made.

I've wanted to make a video on the epoxy mod for a while now so I'll look into that. I'll also look into new bolts and see how the logistics are. The limited market means no guarantees (not a very high priority project) but we'll see...
Sounds great, even if the logistics are unfavorable, I would compensate you appropriately for an one-off. If you are willing to turn one out of course.

Previous owner got some metal splinters in the bolt some how, which scratched the anno because he decided to cycle it with them in there. So i picked out all i could, and smoothed the bolt over, but its gotta go. I really dislike how ignorant people can be at times.
Duece McCracken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:52 PM #87
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
Yeah I've dealt with that too...usually in cases where the bolts caused premature wear in the breech, or if the hammer was grinding away the anodizing down in the lower tube. SP had replacement parts to help with both of these but it's unpredictable what you find in a used gun! yeesh

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:08 PM #88
Duece McCracken

Annual Supporting Member
Duece McCracken has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
Yeah I've dealt with that too...usually in cases where the bolts caused premature wear in the breech, or if the hammer was grinding away the anodizing down in the lower tube. SP had replacement parts to help with both of these but it's unpredictable what you find in a used gun! yeesh
When i got my nerve i did a full detail strip and cleaning, thankfully the upgraded hammer didn't put a mark on the anno in that tube. The rest of the marker is legit, nothing stripped or damaged thankfully. Just the bolt and the section of the top tube right in front of the SFT o-ring got damaged from the foreign particles. I can't even fathom the circumstances that would lead to steel chips lodged into a delrin bolt. The SFT groove is intact and unscathed, big relief there. Hopefully you can help me sort out the bolt at least.
Duece McCracken is online now   Reply With Quote