PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-26-2015, 10:04 PM #1
shortman1
68 Gto 99 Camaro

shortman1 is playing at Living Legends VI
shortman1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Long awaited pump project (Purists be warned)

After I got into cars paintball went out the window. As performance car parts are expensive I was left with little money for the average weekly paint outing. Just recently, 3/4 years later, I finally finished my 3 year project completing a 550hp reliable daily which has left funds and time for other things. That being said, I've started to get back into it and decided it was finally time, so this is my current project that started just today. It's the dream gun I was sure I was going to build but never got around to it back when I was playing regularly. It's going to evolve over the next few weeks as funds come in, I still can't justify spending it all upfront when I haven't stepped on a field in 2 years. I realize that this may upset a few purists, but I am committed to this project and what I'm doing to it. Regardless of the comments, I will personally have this in the bridgeport on Monday afternoon. So here it is, the makings of my perfect setup.

The project is starting with, what I believe to be, a 2002 dye reflex auto cocker, ebladed, with a body drilled for eyes. I traded this for a bare bones karni around 5 years ago and was more than happy with the gun. A little afterwards I pulled the pneumatics, threw on a pump kit and never went back. This project is combining a whole lot of things that I believe will make, in my mind, the perfect pump cocker.

Modifications list
1. I will be half blocking this body. I know it's frowned upon but I've always wanted to do it to a reflex. As this one is already drilled I don't see this being too terrible, and hopefully I don't get flamed too much.
4. Flat top UL frame, I'm 99% sure this came off a pm5 but I bought it years ago. I will mod it to accept a modified sear that'll be activated by the stock trigger. This will probably be the most difficult part, but shouldn't be too bad honestly.
5. Dual pump arm setup followed up with a custom hitman mod
6. Ego clamping feedneck, I haven't looked into it much but I should be able to make it work weather I need to remove or add material
7. Dye hyper 3 reg for standard threads, for looks as well as feel/use
8. Dye UL airport on/off asa
9. Ccm lower half block internals, as the stocks are worn and I don't feel like machining the hammer either
10. It'll be topped off with a few random touches here and there but that's more or less the gist of it

Eventually I plan to put the UL frame back how it was and modify it to accept an e2 board. Then modify the board to accept a microswitch. Finally I'll throw in a mq2 valve and call it a day. It'll possibly get anno'd eventually, but that is a ways off.

I hope to get the majority of the necessary aluminum work done in the next two weeks as I'll be back at school and far away from any type of bridgeport, welder, and lathes.
Any ideas and input are greatly appreciated as I go through the build. Pics and info will be updated as parts are completed/compiled.
If anyone can point me in the direction of a dual arm bolt/sled/pin it would be greatly appreciated. Also I haven't looked into it thoroughly, but I'm hoping to find the shortest possible vertical asa I can put on this thing, if they even make them any shorter.

Day One:
Fully dissembled the gun down to the bare body and test fit the frame. Ill base it off the front mount screw and adjust the rest. Ill have to slot the rear hole in the frame to accept the existing tapped hole in the body, otherwise the fit is perfect in both feel and relation to the reg. Also stripped a mech frame and am getting some ideas for a mechanical sear in the ul frame. Im thinking ill use the stock spring in the ul frame as a return; just having to modify the trigger and make a extension block to accept a modified/shortened and repinned sear setup.

More to come soon

I got a little work done today. I started with marking off and rough cutting the majority of the body on a band saw and moved over to the bridgeport for the smoothing and the cutting of the bolt pin slot. Only had a crappier large end mill so I only got the final cuts within about 3 thousands. Ill make the final passes tomorrow afternoon with a cleaner bit, clean it up, and deburr. Its looking good so far, one of the first blocked reflexes Ive ever seen.

Temporarily mounted the frame again to see how it would look. So far I'm liking the profile, but we'll see how it looks once other parts are on.

Last edited by shortman1 : 12-28-2015 at 06:31 PM.
shortman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2015, 10:05 PM #2
shortman1
68 Gto 99 Camaro

For the future
Old 12-27-2015, 01:16 AM #3
honculada
Pump OT

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
honculada is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
honculada is Boss
I'll all for cutting a marker but half block would look horrible. I would do a midblock on that thing. It would look better but that just me. What's with everyone's obsession with hitman mod? I can pump faster without it than with it. Fun fact--even team hitman doesn't used them.

"Originally posted by CCM CHICK: LoL! There is soooo something wrong with you! ;)"

"Sometimes I wear yoga pants to checkout my own ***!" Me
honculada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:28 AM #4
shortman1
68 Gto 99 Camaro

I use it as a backstop for my hand more than anything, it comes in handy occasionally. Its definitely not primarily used though.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:39 AM #5
honculada
Pump OT

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
honculada is Boss
How does it comes in hardy? You pump slower plus you would need to run stiffer springs

"Originally posted by CCM CHICK: LoL! There is soooo something wrong with you! ;)"

Old 12-27-2015, 11:49 AM #6
shortman1
68 Gto 99 Camaro

Out of all I'm doing that's what you're questioning haha? I've had it on many pumps before and just liked having the option. With all the other machining I'm doing I might as well spend another 30 min on a bridgeport. People also seem to want a quick purchase kit, if I find an easily repeatable solution I might be able to bring something to market.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:12 PM #7
honculada
Pump OT

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
honculada is Boss
I just don't get the hitman craze that's all. If you have access to mill then I would go with single frame with utb board. More shock value compared to UL frame

Old 12-27-2015, 02:28 PM #8
jt526

Annual Supporting Member
Have you considered skipping straight to the mq2 rather than a custom solenoid tripper? I've had my ss25 mq'd with a scenario dreams utb board in a ccm frame for many year and the trigger is incredibly responsive, with a 4ms dwell and no hammer lag. Also virtually no maintenance either. Here is my walk through: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ss-25-how.html
Old 12-27-2015, 03:13 PM #9
shortman1
68 Gto 99 Camaro

I just can't justify spending 200+ on an mq2 right now, id rather spend another 2-3 hours making a hinge setup with a donor frame and some scrap aluminum.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:02 AM #10
honculada
Pump OT

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
honculada is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt526 View Post
Have you considered skipping straight to the mq2 rather than a custom solenoid tripper? I've had my ss25 mq'd with a scenario dreams utb board in a ccm frame for many year and the trigger is incredibly responsive, with a 4ms dwell and no hammer lag. Also virtually no maintenance either. Here is my walk through: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ss-25-how.html
Actually, wanted to do this. Used to own 2 MQ2 pumps.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:13 PM #11
apes4us
MO

I have a couple of new dual-arm halfblock kits if you haven't sourced one yet.
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:33 PM #12
shortman1
68 Gto 99 Camaro

Pm'd
Old 01-15-2016, 06:54 PM #13
p8ntballa2k

p8ntballa2k is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
If you still have the hyper reg 1 (assuming from pictures). I'll buy it off of you.