PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2016, 07:41 PM #1
vash2126

has been a member for 10 years
Empire Sniper barrel kit on a Phantom

So I have a stock class phantom and an empire sniper. So far I have been using the stock phantom barrel and dent rings, but I keep loosing rings and I know a barrel kit will increase efficiency and accuracy. Now, before I got my sniper I was planning on getting a bored out cci barrel and some freak inserts. But now that I have the barrel kit for the sniper I was wondering if there was a cheap/easy way to use it on my phantom. This is the only thing I have found:

http://www.techtpaintball.com/Detail...12315&CAT=3211

Will the extra length added before the barrel starts cancel out any benefit I get from the barrel kit? Should I even bother and just stick it out with dent rings until I can pick up a freak bored barrel? It just sucks having to get two barrel kits.
vash2126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2016, 08:56 PM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

The ifit is actually a barrel kit in and of itself- not just an adapter, so you would need to buy a set of ifit inserts to use with the back.

Also, using the Phantom version of the ifit also requires a larger replacement pump handle.

But yes on a pump, using a barrel adapter largely negates the biggest advantages of using a barrel kit with a pump.

I don't know of a cost-effective way to use a cocker-threaded barrel kit on a Phantom.
I know of some expensive options, though- like replacing the body tube.
http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/mercha...=ASP-ROUNDHEAD
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:04 PM #3
vash2126

has been a member for 10 years
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I am running an undercocking kit already so the cocker barrel size shouldn't be an issue. But I was worried about the extra space between the adapter and the start of the sniper barrel. Was hoping I was missing something but I guess not. The roundhead body is nice, but at $75 I could just get a bored cci barrel and a few inserts.
vash2126 is offline   Reply With Quote