After I got into cars paintball went out the window. As performance car parts are expensive I was left with little money for the average weekly paint outing. Just recently, 3/4 years later, I finally finished my 3 year project completing a 550hp reliable daily which has left funds and time for other things. That being said, I've started to get back into it and decided it was finally time, so this is my current project that started just today. It's the dream gun I was sure I was going to build but never got around to it back when I was playing regularly. It's going to evolve over the next few weeks as funds come in, I still can't justify spending it all upfront when I haven't stepped on a field in 2 years. I realize that this may upset a few purists, but I am committed to this project and what I'm doing to it. Regardless of the comments, I will personally have this in the bridgeport on Monday afternoon. So here it is, the makings of my perfect setup.
The project is starting with, what I believe to be, a 2002 dye reflex auto cocker, ebladed, with a body drilled for eyes. I traded this for a bare bones karni around 5 years ago and was more than happy with the gun. A little afterwards I pulled the pneumatics, threw on a pump kit and never went back. This project is combining a whole lot of things that I believe will make, in my mind, the perfect pump cocker.
1. I will be half blocking this body. I know it's frowned upon but I've always wanted to do it to a reflex. As this one is already drilled I don't see this being too terrible, and hopefully I don't get flamed too much.
4. Flat top UL frame, I'm 99% sure this came off a pm5 but I bought it years ago. I will mod it to accept a modified sear that'll be activated by the stock trigger. This will probably be the most difficult part, but shouldn't be too bad honestly.
5. Dual pump arm setup followed up with a custom hitman mod
6. Ego clamping feedneck, I haven't looked into it much but I should be able to make it work weather I need to remove or add material
7. Dye hyper 3 reg for standard threads, for looks as well as feel/use
8. Dye UL airport on/off asa
9. Ccm lower half block internals, as the stocks are worn and I don't feel like machining the hammer either
10. It'll be topped off with a few random touches here and there but that's more or less the gist of it
Eventually I plan to put the UL frame back how it was and modify it to accept an e2 board. Then modify the board to accept a microswitch. Finally I'll throw in a mq2 valve and call it a day. It'll possibly get anno'd eventually, but that is a ways off.
I hope to get the majority of the necessary aluminum work done in the next two weeks as I'll be back at school and far away from any type of bridgeport, welder, and lathes.
Any ideas and input are greatly appreciated as I go through the build. Pics and info will be updated as parts are completed/compiled.
If anyone can point me in the direction of a dual arm bolt/sled/pin it would be greatly appreciated. Also I haven't looked into it thoroughly, but I'm hoping to find the shortest possible vertical asa I can put on this thing, if they even make them any shorter.
Fully dissembled the gun down to the bare body and test fit the frame. Ill base it off the front mount screw and adjust the rest. Ill have to slot the rear hole in the frame to accept the existing tapped hole in the body, otherwise the fit is perfect in both feel and relation to the reg. Also stripped a mech frame and am getting some ideas for a mechanical sear in the ul frame. Im thinking ill use the stock spring in the ul frame as a return; just having to modify the trigger and make a extension block to accept a modified/shortened and repinned sear setup.
More to come soon
I got a little work done today. I started with marking off and rough cutting the majority of the body on a band saw and moved over to the bridgeport for the smoothing and the cutting of the bolt pin slot. Only had a crappier large end mill so I only got the final cuts within about 3 thousands. Ill make the final passes tomorrow afternoon with a cleaner bit, clean it up, and deburr. Its looking good so far, one of the first blocked reflexes Ive ever seen.
Temporarily mounted the frame again to see how it would look. So far I'm liking the profile, but we'll see how it looks once other parts are on.