PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-28-2016, 09:02 PM #1
rick_516

has been a member for 10 years
Anyone with PRP?

Just wondered if anyone had got the Indian creek designs PRP yet? I love my phantoms but thinking about picking up another toy. Any feedback?

"Originally posted by paintballrdaking: WTF!!! Im trying to sell stuff and you post a MVP for $400! Somebody buy this thing ASAP!!! GL"
rick_516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2016, 10:52 PM #2
Ryn_Droma

plays in the NXL
Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends VII
Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends VIII
Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends IX
Are they shipping already? I thought that wasn't happening until April or May, but could be wrong.
Ryn_Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:21 PM #3
rick_516

Oh I'm not even sure man. I just seen they were taking orders on their Facebook page. Maybe they're just preorders. I'm hoping this will be a better fit than the fart machine mvp I had before. I was pretty disappointed with that.

"Originally posted by paintballrdaking: WTF!!! Im trying to sell stuff and you post a MVP for $400! Somebody buy this thing ASAP!!! GL"
Old 02-29-2016, 08:54 PM #4
Njt11

Mine should be here tomorrow according to tracking. I can't freaking wait!
Njt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:55 PM #5
colderthanever (Banned)

Annual Supporting Member
colderthanever is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
colderthanever supports Ninja Paintball
colderthanever supports Empire
Someone was supposed to do a review on one but i haven't seen it pop up anywhere yet.
colderthanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:59 PM #6
Njt11

Quote:
Originally Posted by colderthanever View Post
Someone was supposed to do a review on one but i haven't seen it pop up anywhere yet.
He played with it this past weekend. I'm sure the review will be out shortly. I will put together a small review on first.impressions once I get mine.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:53 PM #7
Njt11

It came good old #11

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-01-2016, 07:05 PM #8
rick_516

Oh man lol....I feel my wallet getting smaller already.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:17 PM #9
colderthanever (Banned)

Annual Supporting Member
hnggggggggg
Old 03-09-2016, 09:49 AM #10
ZERO*EGO
Best of the Worst

ZERO*EGO owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
ZERO*EGO plays in the APPA beginner division
ZERO*EGO has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ZERO*EGO supports Ninja Paintball
@NJT11 - Who/which site did you order from?
Old 03-10-2016, 11:26 AM #11
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERO*EGO View Post
@NJT11 - Who/which site did you order from?
Contact ICD directly, Last I saw they were taking orders on their facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/indiancreekdesign/
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:26 AM #12
colderthanever (Banned)

Annual Supporting Member
Yeah only place you can get it right now is on fb i believe.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:19 PM #13
Rebel4x4kid
Team Carnage

plays in the NXL
Rebel4x4kid plays in the MiLP
Rebel4x4kid posts videos on PbNation
Rebel4x4kid plays in the APPA D4 division
I can't wait to get my hands on one. I'd like to see some review videos for sure

Rebel4x4kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:12 AM #14
vendettaworld
Calmer than you are.

Really surprised at the lack of feedback about this marker...either very few markers have shipped thus far, or people haven't had a chance to shoot them yet. But either way very few people are talking about them be it good or bad.

I know quite a few were pre-ordered. But I know myself and many others are waiting to hear more about them before making the $500 plunge...

If I were ICD and there was this little being said about my new marker after a 10+ year hiatus, I would take it into my own hands and entice people to create written/video reviews by offering some sort of giveaway or just create informational/shooting videos on my own.
vendettaworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:07 PM #15
FreakinJB

I finally got to the field this weekend to play a full day with my PRP.

Pros
- No air line is a great design feature. Looks great, lots of people curious what I was shooting. Reminds me of Javier Bardem's silenced pump shotgun from No Country for Old Men with the Apex 2 tip on it.
- Shot with an all-american freak and freak-bored Lapco Big Shot with an Apex 2. Decent sound signature and had no breach or barrel breaks using mediocre field paint.
- ASA on/off is designed well and I didn't experience issues eating o-rings, leaking, etc.
- Felt very sturdy and reliable. I expect this thing will stand the test of time and require very little maintenance due to inherent fail-proofing in the design.
- Feed neck tightens well and is as good as any aftermarket consideration.
- You're dealing with a great company that's friendly, US-based and spending time making paintball products.
- I really fell in love with the "oversized single trigger". The ergonomics of the frame design are spot on. Much preferred over .45 frames and the aluminum grips are sweet.

Cons
- Double feeding and balls rolling out of the barrel. The thing with cocker detents is that they were designed to apply pressure to keep a .689 ball in place. Paint manufacturers have been reducing the size of paint to save money for years and paint was rolling through my .679 insert, so it's virtually unavoidable with the stock barrel or anything without tight boring. A rubber detent would have been preferable but this isn't a PRP-unique issue. My concern is that even a tight insert won't prevent double-feeding as I wasn't even using a motorized loader - certainly don't use anything force-fed which I think is overkill anyway.
- The safety doesn't seat or operate well and is a general hassle. I'll be removing it before my next use so no big deal, I just wish it wasn't part of the design.
- Trigger sear and pump stroke are a little rough and require a lot of attention to get right consistently. At times, it feels like there's sand in the sear, and I'm curious if there's a way to make it a bit smoother. To be expected from nelson-based guns but this should be expected for any cocker guy like me.
- Price point. It's clear a lot of design R&D went into this and that's what you're paying for. The finish is a little rough and you can do more with $500 if you can do a build yourself.
- Aluminum internals; SS where possible would have been nice.
- Almost had to fully crank down the main spring to hit 270 FPS with a ninja pro V2 adjusted down to 550psi by removing 2 of the 3 shims. I don't mess with nelson pumps often, so if anyone has any input around main spring modifications/replacements, I'm all ears.

Overall happy with my purchase and happy with ICD. If you're not on a budget and keep in mind you're not going to have the smoothest operating pump on the planet, you'll be happy. A lot of my issues are tough to avoid in any nelson-based gun, so I wouldn't let that keep you from purchasing if you know how one of these pumps feels and operates. Also very curious why there hasn't been more feedback as there have to be over 50 of them out. Although, I think most people who bought these are enthusiasts that frequent other sites than PBN.

Last edited by FreakinJB : 04-24-2016 at 09:56 PM.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote