Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2015, 10:39 PM #1
1splatkid

Anyone used a GAT Product AT kit ?

Looking for a truth full review of the GAT products AT kit. Is it as smooth as a CCM ?

thanks in advance.

(U)
1splatkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2015, 06:26 AM #2
honculada
Pump OT

Annual Supporting Member
honculada plays in the PSP
honculada plays in the APPA D5 division
With proper tuning you could get it as smooth as a CCM. I had it on a Sniper II with a slider frame and roller sear. Took longer than a CCM to get to where I wanted but it was as smooth if not smoother.

"Originally posted by CCM CHICK: LoL! There is soooo something wrong with you! ;)"

"Sometimes I wear yoga pants to checkout my own ***!" Me
honculada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:17 AM #3
RusskiX2

RusskiX2 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I used one for about a year and half. To echo Jade's comments, it takes a fair amount of tinkering to get it as smooth as a CCM, but is definitely functional.

I had to swap pump kits twice (WGP -> WWA -> CCM). And you have to be careful which frame (plate) combo you will be using. I tried a DYE frame, which was too narrow for the supplied post-98 trigger plate and wound up using a WGP composite. Setting the lug release for A/T was fairly simple on mine, but the pull was not as smooth as a CCM with a noticeable "bump" as the sear released. FWIW, a friend of mine had a real hard time timing the release on his own marker with GAT kit to reliably autotrigger.

I've used CCM kits both before and after the GAT kit and prefer them for both ease of installation (true drop-in) and smoothness.

I have several Sniper 2's with slider frames, but wound up selling my GAT equipped one in favor of the non-A/T slide markers. If I really feel the need for A/T (rarely), I'll break out the CCMs.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:51 PM #4
against_me
Zombie Unicorn Attack!

against_me supports DLX Technology
ill just copy a prior post of mine....

Gat AT kits work great, ive had one on my Karni with WGP slide frame for over 2-3 years now and its been pretty flawless. ive also installed alot of them on other guns for our shop. a few things to keep in mind tho...after drilling the frame make sure its a smooth cut, take some real fine sand paper if you have too and smooth out the hole that way the cam slides smooth. also make sure you use a little blue locktite on the slide trigger adjustment screws so they dont come loose as you play. a trigger with alot of play will throw everything off. some blue locktite on your hammer lug as well if its loose. lastly there is a little bit of a break in period with the kit. once you time the AT for the 1st time play with it a bit, shoot it around before taking it out to the field, you will find that it may need another bit of adjusting as it breaks in. the edges of the cam that make contact with the trigger will smooth out a bit and that will throw it off a little. youll find that the gun doesnt fire unless you pull the trigger really hard. a little adjustment on the hammer lug will fix that right up. normally after that 2nd adjustment youll be good to go and wont have to readjust for a long time.

to add to that the Gat AT is very smooth when dialed in and broken in. i personally like slide triggers over a hinge like a ccm because i think you get a better feel and response with a slide trigger when shooting and pumping faster even without an AT. you get that same feel with a slide frame + AT.

PaintBall Stuff4Sale

ZOMBIE UNICORN ATTACK!
We Will Infect The World
against_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:17 PM #5
Jimmy Robo
Collects Rare JT masks

Hated working on the gat at. Much harder to tune the a/t to make it work in the slider frames. I was either able to use the at or a single trigger pull. Could never get the gun to fire using both. The worst part was gat wants $50 hr to work on the marker with no guarantee it will get fixed.

I like the ccm stuff better. Better customer service. Easier to tune and install. Thats just my opinion
Jimmy Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:30 PM #6
Lawpass

Lawpass has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Played with a GAT auto trigger on a hinge frame for the first time today. It did take some time to get it in a good place, but in the end it worked. in the end, I feel like adding something as complicated as the auto trigger probably wasn't worth the headache as i see now that it isn't going to help me hit anything, it's more of a despiration move.
Lawpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:24 PM #7
Wartortle

Annual Supporting Member
I have one on my Ripper cocker right now, formerly on my Karnivor pump. It's good, I mean, it does it's job. If you're playing speedball and want a quick AT for the break out or random moments, go CCM instead. I find that the GAT isn't as fast, and the hammer doesn't always catch when ATing.