dude1it helped look for balloons
dude1it supports Team VICIOUS
dude1it is an NCPA player
dude1it is a top reviewer
dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
dude1it is attending Decay of Nations VI
Paintball in the X Games

You've seen this before, if you don't agree or don't like it, don't post. If you don't think it's going to happen, don't post - or give it a shot. Sure, it's a team sport....they've made changes in the past, more revenue for them would make even more sense to make change.

"Pev and the NPPL are asking us to make some noise to help get paintball on the X-Games. 'Who wants to see Paintball as part of the X Games? Make some noise, spread the word, and get your friends to post on the X Games Facebook Page."' - ProPaintball

http://www.facebook.com/XGames?ref=nf

Go here, like it, and tell them to put paintball (xball) in the xgames! Spread the word as fast as you can! Post anywhere you think appropriate in pbnation! Many people have already started!

Pittsburgh All American Heroes 2012
dude1it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2011, 09:43 PM #2
ghost93

ghost93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ghost93 is for the Gunfight
ghost93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ghost93 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Aren't the X Games for individual sports?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 PM #3
Krez

Krez owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pretty much.
Krez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:07 PM #4
ghost93

So basically paintball won't be in them and people that spend time trying to prove otherwise are wasting their time?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 PM #5
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Well, you could turn paintball into an individual sport. One on ones can be quite fun to watch. But that still doesn't feel like the X-Game's style. To repost something I wrote a few years back (this idea pops up EVERY year)...

Joe Announcer: Welcome to another great day of Paintball; X-Games style. Once again I’m your host, Joe Announcer, and with me as always is Bill Commentator.
Bill Commentator: Thanks Joe. It’s looking like a great day for some shooting and running. Let’s get our first event underway…Individual Lane Running.
Joe: For those of you who have never seen Individual Lane Running, here’s how it works. Two competitors start on either side of our field. One acts as the Shooter, the other the Runner. The Runner has to run from the start box to the first station, or “bunker”, while the Shooter fires a series of rapid fire paintballs, or “lane”, at the Runner. The Judges score points on how impressively and stylishly the Runner can evade the lane.
Bill: That’s right folks. Just sprinting through won’t win you the money. You’ll have to jump, flip, dive, tumble, and spin your way through. And the Judges will deduct points for how many times the Runner is hit by a ball while he’s doing his run.
Joe: The Runner can fire his own marker at the Shooter while he’s doing his run to hopefully throw off the Shooter’s aim.
Bill: Though the Judges do tend to frown on random shots. If you can’t get your shots near your target, it’s best to just run.
Joe: The Runner will work his way up the 3 bunkers on the field. Each bunker is closer to the shooter, increasing the difficulty of the run.
Bill: At the end of the run, the two competitors switch places and it starts all over again. The competitor with the higher score advances. So let’s get this game STARTED!
Joe: First up are two players who couldn’t be more different. John Baller, and Wally Xtreme.
Bill: John is an old school paintballer, from back in the days when getting hit by the ball eliminated you from the game. Wally is a former skateboarder and part time movie stuntman who’s taken to the game like it was made for him.
Joe: John will be running, and Wally will be shooting.
Bill: Shooting is definitely Wally’s weak spot. It should be interesting to see how an experienced shot avoider like John will respond.
Joe: The players have taken their positions aaaaaaannd THERE’S THE HORN! Wally starts shooting and John easily avoids the lane with a classic Superman Summersault. He gets to the bunker easily and the referees check him. He’s Clean! A perfect run!
Bill: John was really showing his confidence there. He didn’t even bother to return fire.
Joe: Both players signal that they’re ready aaaaaaannd THERE’S THE HORN! Wally fires with a much better aim until John dives and fires back in a text book Firing Commando Roll! Wally had to break off his lane when one of John’s shots got him right in the goggles! The referees check John, only one hit!
Bill: That was a rather simple maneuver for play of this level, but John knew that a new school player like Wally would have a hard time maintaining a lane under that accurate of fire. Hopefully the judges are impressed by his tactics. Let’s see what John has up his sleeve for his final run.
Joe: Both players have been cleaned and have signaled that they’re ready aaaaaaaaand THERE’S THE HORN! John cartwheels forward into a knee slide and stabs his gun into the dirt while sliding behind the bunker…a Cheerleader Kneebanger with a Core Sample! Amazing execution!
Bill: A gutsy movie at that range, let’s see what the refs says…Ouch, 10 hits. That’s going to cost him some points.
Joe: And the judge’s total is….45.7! A great score.
Bill: The judges obviously like his old school style, they were way too generous. Now Wally will show us how a run is done!
Joe: The two players clean up and switch sides. They signal their readiness aaaaaaaand THERE’S THE HORN! John fires an amazingly fast lane right into the butter zone, but Wally counters with a Twisting Superman Dive that lands into a Commando Roll! A combo run! Amazing! The referees check him…only 5 hits!
Bill: Wally really pulled out all the stops there. And only 5 hits against an experienced shooter like John is a minor miracle.
Joe: The plays signal their readiness aaaaaaand THERE’S THE HORN! John is firing slower but more accurately, but Wally spins down the field firing at John whenever he happens to be facing him, a Jon Woo Twister! And here’s the referee’s total…8 hits!
Bill: Amazing, he kept all his return fire within 10 feet of the shooter, the judges will be impressed with his accuracy. And only 8 hits with that difficult of maneuver will hardly matter. However John is known for his laneing skills at the closest run, often connecting with every shot. This next run should be exciting!
Joe: Both players have given the signal, aaaaaaaand THERE’S THE HORN! John starts to fire, but what’s this?!? Wally spins into a one handed summersault while shooting! A Firing Neo! And he connects two shots into John! But wait, Wally does it again! A second Firing Neo! The crowd has gone completely insane! The referees carefully check Wally… No hits! A perfect run!
Bill: I’d never thought I’d see the day when a Runner would actually connect with a Firing Neo. And then follow it with a second! Truly this will be a legendary day in the sport of Paintball.
Joe: The judge’s score is in…58.4! Wally Xtreme is our winner! Thank you for watching Paintball; X-Games style. I’m Joe Announcer…
Bill: And I’m Bill Commentator.
Joe: …and we’ll see you next week.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:17 PM #6
dude1it
Christopher R.

dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1it View Post
You've seen this before, if you don't agree or don't like it, don't post. If you don't think it's going to happen, don't post - or give it a shot. Sure, it's a team sport....they've made changes in the past, more revenue for them would make even more sense to make change.

So taking 2 seconds to do this, is such a waste of time? What do you have better to do? It takes 2 seconds, seriously.

And don't you want to at least attempt to forward the good of the sport? The NPPL has asked a favor, PEVS has, and as far as that, I'm down to do anything to help the sport - but it doesn't surprise me that some of you on pbnation wouldn't, whether it works or not...posting on the xgames gives paintball publicity, even if they don't do it. There is no way to lose.

Last edited by dude1it : 03-16-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:30 PM #7
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1it View Post
So taking 2 seconds to do this, is such a waste of time? What do you have better to do? It takes 2 seconds, seriously.
Takes considerably longer than 2 seconds, if you don't have a Facebook account. Let me know when they get a survey or something up on the Real internet.

Quote:
And don't you want to at least attempt to forward the good of the sport? The NPPL has asked a favor, PEVS has, and as far as that, I'm down to do anything to help the sport - but it doesn't surprise me that some of you on pbnation wouldn't, whether it works or not...posting on the xgames gives paintball publicity, even if they don't do it. There is no way to lose.
No details on format, no word on if the X-Games is even considering this, just "hey guys, spam the X-Games wall". Doesn't seem well thought out. Doesn't seem serious.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:53 PM #8
dude1it
Christopher R.

dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Takes considerably longer than 2 seconds, if you don't have a Facebook account. Let me know when they get a survey or something up on the Real internet.

No details on format, no word on if the X-Games is even considering this, just "hey guys, spam the X-Games wall". Doesn't seem well thought out. Doesn't seem serious.
Well blame NPPL, PEVS, and Pro Paintball

Old 03-16-2011, 11:25 PM #9
ghost93

Why blame them when you are the ones that are actually spamming the wall? Paintball in the X Games has been talked about for as long as I can remember and it still isn't in them. If the the people in charge of the X Games have had 5+ years to think about I don't think spamming their facebook wall will change their mind.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 PM #10
The Real Elite

The Real Elite owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Real Elite has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Real Elite has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Real Elite has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I want paintball in the x games but spamming the wall is the wrong approach broseph. Imagine two people asking for some spare parts one is just constantly bugging you and wont leave you alone. You know if you give him the parts he will just always think it will work. The other one just asks politely and professionally if you could loan him some parts and gives you a few reasons. Who would you feel needs the parts more the kid thats annoying or the person who is polite and professional. If we want to be treated with more attention we must act like because I don't want paintball to look like a game of a bunch of whining namby pambies I want paintball to look like a professional sport and taken seriously.

Last edited by The Real Elite : 03-16-2011 at 11:43 PM.
The Real Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:40 AM #11
dude1it
Christopher R.

dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
lol

Old 03-17-2011, 12:48 AM #12
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
it would be cool, but I highly doubt it will happen. maybe the olympics? I mean basketball made it in...

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:48 AM #13
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
There is an open thread on the XGames discussion board.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...d=102055561963

Posting in here will probably be the best approach.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:11 AM #14
D0ugiE FresH

D0ugiE FresH owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
D0ugiE FresH posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Elite View Post
I want paintball in the x games but spamming the wall is the wrong approach broseph. Imagine two people asking for some spare parts one is just constantly bugging you and wont leave you alone. You know if you give him the parts he will just always think it will work. The other one just asks politely and professionally if you could loan him some parts and gives you a few reasons. Who would you feel needs the parts more the kid thats annoying or the person who is polite and professional. If we want to be treated with more attention we must act like because I don't want paintball to look like a game of a bunch of whining namby pambies I want paintball to look like a professional sport and taken seriously.
Posting on their wall isnt a bad idea if its done in a polite and professonial manner. Im sure if enough players posted on the xgames wall they would at least consider the idea of adding paintball to the xgames. The more people that would post would show a larger fan base and more interest in the sport. Imagine this: you get 10 "professionals" to send a letter to the xgames requesting the sport to be picked up, or you get 10,000 people to post on their facebook page. Which one would you think would have a better result? Obviously the 10,000 people, because it shows a larger interest or fan base. It wouldnt be that hard either considering their are at least 500,000 members to this site. Anyway, this it just my opinion but I hope to see paintball in the xgame one day.
D0ugiE FresH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 PM #15
dude1it
Christopher R.

dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
Yea, some people are going a little rude on those posts...

Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 PM #16
nerdcore
Radical!

nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
I like the possible exposure paintball could get in the x-games, it can introduce the sport side of paintball to the masses so they stop thinking we're all playing war games in the woods.

However, i don't really like the x-games cuz i always associate it with punk kids who don't have jobs and all they wanna do is talk smack and do tricks... which is what a lot of tourney ballers do, anyway, so maybe the x-games is a good place for it.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:59 PM #17
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
My question would be who would be playing in it? I think it is a good idea. The companies would support it because it gets the name out to a lerger crowd, but would you have regular teams playing in it or how would that work?

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:46 PM #18
dude1it
Christopher R.

dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
Only the pro teams most likely

Old 03-17-2011, 02:21 PM #19
D0ugiE FresH

D0ugiE FresH owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
D0ugiE FresH posts videos on PbNation
Yeah it could probably just start out small, like the 4 best pro teams will go to the xgames or something like that.
D0ugiE FresH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:33 PM #20
The Real Elite

The Real Elite owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Real Elite has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Real Elite has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Real Elite has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I didnt mean for my post to sound rude. I apologize. What I meant is if all we do is spam there wall and don't do it politely then it would make paintball look bad, but if we do it politely then I could see it. Just some people would get the wrong idea of how to do it.

On another note if people who have considered playing see how fast paced it is and how much paint is shot they could get the wrong idea about paintball. I personally would love for paintball to grow and go on the xgames. I think paintball would be better if it had its show like sportcenter style. They go over the different play styles i.e. nppl, big woodsball games. Then go over and new products they feel will be good for rec, woodsball, speedball. I think it would be great.

So I would love to see paintball in the xgames it would be awesome. I hope they are, but I don't know how well it work out. Might scare some people out of trying out paintball if they don't know anything else about it.

Once again I apologize for sounding rude and if this post sounded rude.