PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-15-2011, 11:56 AM #1
djesteem

djesteem is for the Gunfight
djesteem plays in the APPA D5 division
anyone fixing nme's?

i bought this thing used being told the velocity needed adjusted. i had it completely taken apart and if it is not one problem it is another. if anyone is still working on these things or could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. thanks.
djesteem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2011, 02:26 PM #2
seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
what are the problems you are experiencing: leaks, loose barbs, fine tuning, etc?

Here are some in-depth videos that may help in solving some of the confusion you may have.
seriouslysilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:06 PM #3
Nemo128

Nemo128 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
You should try fixing it yourself with input from everyone on this forum. Unless it's a bad piece of hardware, you can fix it. You might just need some guidance.

For Sale: CP Gen3, Eclipse OOPS
Nemo128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:23 PM #4
ruffus0208

if its a nme le and you want to get rid of it let me know it most likely the noid
just pm me if you want
ruffus0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:44 PM #5
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Yep, we can probably help you if you tell us what's wrong. If that doesn't work, as a last resort I would be willing to fix it for you as long as you pay shipping. Several people here can vouch for me as I've done board flashes for them.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:20 AM #6
Kite09
Youngstown Gambit

Kite09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kite09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tjs is telling the truth. He flashed my old NME board for me and all I had to do was pay shipping both ways. Worse comes to worse he is the guy to go to.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin (1937-2008)

Make Paintball Part of the X Games
http://www.petitiononline.com/pb123/
Put this in your sig if you support.
Kite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:57 AM #7
djesteem

what happened when i aired up the gun for the first time with my 4500 psi tank was a leak coming from inside the grip frame. i thought it was leaking from the middle barb under the ram but it was actually leaking from the recessed allen screw that holds the ram tube? in place. (looking underneath the body from the front back you have the screw that holds the front block in place, the screw hole for the grip to attach....it is the one behind that) i got that adjusted back to where it should be (i think....i ran out of air to test) and now it is leaking from the barrel. i had the poppet out and that and its o-ring looked fine. the only thing i havent taken out is that ram tube? to look at the seal and those o-rings. i was trying to avoit taking those 2 vertical barbs off to get it out. is there another way or anything that i might be missing? thanks for your time.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:52 PM #8
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
A leak down the barrel is normally one of three things, the front o-ring on the ram sleeve, the cup seal (little round yellowish disk between the ram sleeve face and the poppet), or the poppet o-ring.

Keep in mind that just because the o-ring looks okay, it could still be bad. I would just go ahead and replace the poppet o-ring and the ram sleeve o-rings (might as well do all of them if you have the ram sleeve out anyway). Before you put things back together, make sure you are lightly greasing the replacement o-rings with a quality paintball grease (preferably Dow-55).

If that doesn't fix the leak, then flip the cupseal around (often this will get it to seal). If that still doesn't work, replace the cup seal all together. If that still doesn't work, repleace and grease ALL of your o-rings. If that still doesn't work send me your marker and I'll get it working.

I find that 99% of the time a leak related problem can be solved by tearing down a marker and replacing and greasing all o-rings.

Also ignore the guy above who said it's most likely the solenoid (without even hearing your problem). This doesn't sound like a solenoid problem at all. He is just trying to get you to sell him your NME for cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite09 View Post
tjs is telling the truth. He flashed my old NME board for me and all I had to do was pay shipping both ways. Worse comes to worse he is the guy to go to.
Thanks man, appreicate it!

Last edited by tjs0349 : 03-16-2011 at 12:57 PM.
tjs0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:41 PM #9
Nemo128

Agreed with above, if somehow none of that fixes it, tjs will figure it out. Send it to him.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:25 PM #10
djesteem

i have a buddy that has basic timmy knowlege. he is going to look at it before our practice sunday to see if we can get it working. thanks for all the help. i will keep you updated.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:31 PM #11
Nemo128

Make sure you've got some Dow55 handy if you start pulling o-rings off. Invaluable stuff when working on the NME.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:36 PM #12
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
The NME is pretty much an identical design to the Intimidator. All the same parts in the same palces for the most part. If your friend is good at fixing Intimidators, he should have not problem getting your NME shooting nicely!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:00 PM #13
djesteem

i'm back. i was told when the o rings were being replaces that the poppet nylon sleeve spacer was worn out from not being lubed. also one of the barbs was broken. i got some barbs from a timmy but the thread pattern was way smaller. can anyone tell me where to get these parts? thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 01:52 PM #14
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
The two barbs on the front block are 6/32. The two barbs on the ram sleeve should be the same as a Timmy.

Which one do you need?

The cupseal is the same as the cupseal from a 2k2 intimidator. It's not from lack of lubing. You don't lube the NME cupseal. They eventually wear out.

You can try flipping it over. Often times that works. If not, you can get a new cup seal here
Old 04-05-2011, 03:33 PM #15
Nemo128

To add to what tjs said, do not lube the cupseal if you get a new one. You will most likely wind up with a leak due to the cupseal not sealing properly or low velocity due to the cupseal and poppet being slightly tacky to each other from the lube.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:18 AM #16
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

I agree, TJS is a boss. All the advice is good and you should be able to get the thing working yourself. The NME is one of my favorites but one of the most finicky markers I've ever owned and trust me, I've owned and worked on LOTS. If you get tired of playing with it and TJ is busy I'll take a look at it. I'm busy with work more often than not though so I wouldn't be very fast on the return.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:49 PM #17
Nemo128

Tim, the most finnicky markers I've ever dealt with are... wait for it...

check the badge.