Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-17-2011, 03:55 PM #22
iver

No dude psp will not help anything. Think about it, how many experienced teams would come practice at a reball feild in Minot North Dakota EVEN if they had 12.5 ramping and the 2011 layout (which they wont). I would say close to 0 teams, all the real teams in the state are on the east side where they can play in Minnesota. on the other hand, how many newbies (which is where the money is) will not come play simply becuz there gun doesnt ramp and they hate getting owned?

also the reffing 20 hours and getting a 30$ reball coupon is pretttttty bad. reffing is a horrible job, and for that pay u wont get anyone to do it
iver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2011, 05:05 PM #23
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

diablodow supports Cereal Killerz 2
diablodow is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by iver View Post
No dude psp will not help anything. Think about it, how many experienced teams would come practice at a reball feild in Minot North Dakota EVEN if they had 12.5 ramping and the 2011 layout (which they wont). I would say close to 0 teams, all the real teams in the state are on the east side where they can play in Minnesota. on the other hand, how many newbies (which is where the money is) will not come play simply becuz there gun doesnt ramp and they hate getting owned?

also the reffing 20 hours and getting a 30$ reball coupon is pretttttty bad. reffing is a horrible job, and for that pay u wont get anyone to do it
This. I dont feel like taking 20 hours of yelling at children to keep masks on and getting blasted by some idiot while trying to yell at someone that you saw a ball bounce off their hopper is worth the free couple hundred reballs.

Also if your looking to produce tourney quality teams your in the wrong state, 98% of your customer base is going to be airmen who think they are gods gift to paintball because they shoot some super shiney gun made by PE or because they know how to shoot a rifle. When the base field was open for outdoor play I frequented it and thats a strong majority of players. While a great source of entertainment they will be your income so no need to cater to the other 2% who are actually paintball.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:13 PM #24
CornyPoop

has been a member for 10 years
Holy crap! I'd definetly come check it out at least once or twice. My issue is I've got an assignment. I'm leaving in October.

Do we have an ETIC for this place yet?

Oh, and Splatterhouse? There's no splatter with reballs...
CornyPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:01 PM #25
USAF
Airman First Class

USAF owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
USAF supports Team VICIOUS
USAF supports Sherwood Forest
We are still working on everything. As for Iver up there - hop off my dick dude. Chill. We aren't trying to make a damn professional team. We aren't trying to be the next Dynasty. We just want to play and introduce the sport to people. Thats what the game is about. I could honestly care less about winning or losing. I would much rather ref. Like its going to be hard. But then again, you sound pretty ignorant saying it wont work. If you dont want to come then dont. I would rather teach a 12 year old kid how to play a fair game then have someone who thinks they are the best talking crap to everyone. So please, dont even bother. You dont know what will work. You havent seen the plans, you havent been in the field, you havent been in the discussion so really your opinion, while i do respect it, has no value here. So do me a favor and get out of here.

As far as the reffing, we are still working on the hours. You get 2000 reballs by the way (a game) and free air
Old 03-20-2011, 03:14 AM #26
iver

Hahaha are you seriously freaking out like that? I was saying that the idea of useing psp rules won't work as good as NPPL. I mean what did you even think I was saying? And wasn't this post asking for advice? Sorry for offering my opinion on paintball feilds, when I ran the only speedfball feild in the state for 3 years....I know nothing your right
Old 03-20-2011, 12:16 PM #27
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

2000 reballs a game? As in I buy 500 and after each game I refill up to 500 balls or How are you planning to do that?
Old 03-21-2011, 12:59 PM #28
USAF
Airman First Class

HVAC machine to pick up the reballs after every game is what they told me. then they just give you however many you buy back. And Iver, I'm hardly freaking out haha just annoyed. Yes this thread is for advice which you gave none of. All you did was say **** about everything I have said. You ran a field? Good job. Musta worked great for you...
Old 03-21-2011, 04:34 PM #29
iver

I wasn't even referring to anything you said except about the reffing. The psp comment was to Casey Erickson's post about psp format idea, which i'm still saying wont work. I mean will the rental guns even have ramping? I mean do you even understand what psp means?

And yea my field worked out pretty good, for 3 years it was the only real place to play and people came from a long ways a way to do it. The only reason its not running any more is simply because i left the state for college. I then gave my bunkers to someone else so that hopefully there can be another speed ball field in the state.

Last edited by iver : 03-21-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:01 PM #30
USAF
Airman First Class

Why do you think it wont work? You have to understand that the majority of people (like you said) will be noobs. And will have just as much fun playing. Friendly competitions between offices and squadrons... Obviously the rental guns dont have ramp lol

Also, the reffing is more aimed twoards military members to count as volunteer services... not for off-base residents.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:01 AM #31
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by iver View Post
I wasn't even referring to anything you said except about the reffing. The psp comment was to Casey Erickson's post about psp format idea, which i'm still saying wont work. I mean will the rental guns even have ramping? I mean do you even understand what psp means?

And yea my field worked out pretty good, for 3 years it was the only real place to play and people came from a long ways a way to do it. The only reason its not running any more is simply because i left the state for college. I then gave my bunkers to someone else so that hopefully there can be another speed ball field in the state.
Where did those bunkers end up anyways? Iver your field was pretty legitimate to. On the psp vs house rules thing I think iver is right figure 5 to 10% of guns that field will see are gonna have psp mode so why cater to them. Plus me and my shiney gat with psp will have a massive advantage over some kid with say a spyder in laning run and gun etc. So semi puts everyone on a slightly more basic level of equality plus training refs to throw flags and call minor / major penalties in a Recball game makes no sense.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:30 AM #32
iver

EXACTLY what i was trying to say.... I wasnt saying the feild isnt gunna work, i was saying the idea of psp format isnt gunna work.

and the bunkers whent to a guy in minot...he was on here a while ago. Hopefully things will work out with those bunkers, dont want them ending up like those infamous Pepsi bunkers minot had a while ago haha
Old 03-22-2011, 07:38 AM #33
USAF
Airman First Class

Haha we have brand new Sup Air ones I think...not even opened yet. I thought you meant the field was not going to work hence why I got defensive.

I guess we can try changing it up. If a legit group of people want to play with their own markers we can run psp format or something close to it but if its just rec ball throw it on semi?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:34 PM #34
Csy_Ericks0n
Cool Catch Phrase

Csy_Ericks0n supports Team VICIOUS
Csy_Ericks0n supports Bob Gurnsey
Csy_Ericks0n is an NCPA player
Csy_Ericks0n supports Pev's Paintball
Im gonna try and make it up for some play
Old 03-22-2011, 02:28 PM #35
cdogg22
Si Fly

Not trying to be negative here but you may want to think about your whole "incentive program." I dont care how much you love paintball... you wont be able to find anyone that will consistantly ref for basically nothing. Good to see someone doing something though.

One Big Ass Mistake America
cdogg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:39 PM #36
USAF
Airman First Class

See the thing is its not how much you love paintball. It's how much you want to look good for awards and packages. Volunteering is something that Air Force smiles upon and can be the edge in award packages. Believe me, I can find 30 volunteers in a night to stay up until 3am and drive drunk people home... I think I can find some refs. But keep in my mind, we will have a mini training course so they know what they are doing.

And sounds good Casey
Old 03-22-2011, 05:18 PM #37
Ammolord
IT'S WAYNE BRADY *****!

Ammolord is playing at Living Legends V
Doesnt troy and whats his face still have those bunkers?

~'13 Harley Davidson Sportster 48 ~
(Basic Bolt-ons)
~'13 Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior~
(Stock DD)
~Custom '99 Sniper Pump~

(CCM Pump Kit, EDGE Barrel Kit, QR bolt, CP reg, CP ASA)
Ammolord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:36 PM #38
Csy_Ericks0n
Cool Catch Phrase

Chuck, and no they sold them to the kid from belfield, sorry forgot his name
Old 03-22-2011, 07:10 PM #39
diablodow
The fluffy snake player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csy_Ericks0n View Post
Chuck, and no they sold them to the kid from belfield, sorry forgot his name
That iverson kid and those came straight from AA not iver. sidenote anyone got any G6R reviews?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:46 PM #40
Csy_Ericks0n
Cool Catch Phrase

Amazing. A kid had one at the NCPA event. not that im qualified to give a review at all haha, but still, simply awesome
Old 03-23-2011, 05:54 PM #41
rroach
Totes Ma Gotes

rroach supports Team VICIOUS
rroach posts videos on PbNation
rroach plays in the APPA D5 division
rroach has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablodow View Post
That iverson kid and those came straight from AA not iver. sidenote anyone got any G6R reviews?
been PE all my life. PE gun went down goin into the semifinals at AA, one hostile ground kid was chronoing wit his G6R, he tossed me his to play wit it for the rest of the tourney (like 5 more games). the very first pull on the trigger made me jizz in my pants and i ordered one the next day. went from PE to BL just like that.....

no need for a review on the G6R, all you need to know is that using low pressure or an SLP reg, is not necessarily a must but there should never be a problem using one. if you have an HP reg, i suggest buying a LP or SLP one instead
Old 03-24-2011, 09:46 AM #42
USAF
Airman First Class

I got offered a brand enw one with 120 shots for $715... Kinda want it haha